Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2015, 05:55 AM

653 posts, read 746,953 times

Advertisements

I need some advice on a problem that i am facing at work.

I am currently working in a hospital.

Recently, I have been chasing forms from a senior doctor and the forms are quite critical to the career and performance evaluation of junior doctors.

This particular senior doctor has a habit of frequently doing the forms very late and as the SOP is that we try not to disturb the senior doctors too much by sending them emails, which they hate to receive. this particular doctor hate to receive emails.

However, a particular form was delayed for over a month; as per proper procedure, I constantly send reminders to his secretaries and the junior doctors to remind this senior doctor.the secretaries affirmed that they reminded him.

However, the forms were not done, despite 5 repeated reminders, and I had to escalate the situation by sending a last reminder with the superior in cc. I was instructed by a different set of superiors to escalate the matter.

The doctor blew his top and called me on the phone to scream at me for 5 minutes basically, he laid all the blame on me, i.e not sending him emails, not informing him at all.

When I said that he was screaming at me over the phone, i don't mean metaphorically, I meant it literally, as in he really was screaming his lungs at me over the phone.

I discussed this with the superior and probably believe the doctor was upset because I made him look bad by putting the superior in cc.

In any case, my superior spoke to this particular doctor and his side of the story was: he raised his voice because the reception was poor and he felt that i was not responsive in replying to his queries? how could I reply to him if he was screaming at me at every second of the 5-minute phone call? I tried to get a word in, but he cut me down.

This doctor has also said that he does not intend to work with me ever again, which creates serious problems for the workflow process.

In any case, a colleague in charge of feedback got wind of this matter and has said that if I want, I can lodge a complaint about this. i am wondering if it is worth it or not, cause if i don't take action, this doctor can create serious problems for me in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 06:21 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,833,920 times
I think your decision is already made, if you do not this senior doctor can create serious problems in the future .. So in your words , consciously or not, your mind is already made up so my suggestion to you is go ahead .

Sorry but this is trival , isn't this the wrong forum to post this ? Is there a work forum in city data ?

Old 04-07-2015, 07:50 AM

622 posts, read 529,827 times
Have a look at this site which has some good tips: Bullied at Work? 5 Crucial Tips to Handle Workplace Bullying

Old 04-07-2015, 09:00 AM

653 posts, read 746,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
I think your decision is already made, if you do not this senior doctor can create serious problems in the future .. So in your words , consciously or not, your mind is already made up so my suggestion to you is go ahead .

Sorry but this is trival , isn't this the wrong forum to post this ? Is there a work forum in city data ?
It should be in the work forum but I wanted to get the Asian perspective, because Asian and western workplaces, in my experience, are very different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia