Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 07:17 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,775,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
. I doubt the eu and the U.S. will have adverse comments if everyone is satisfied.
How the f**ck does it have anything to do with the EU and the US? If these countries want to merge, it is these countries' business, why would EU/US have any f8Cking say in all of this?

Does the UK need Chinese approval if she decides to return Falklands to Argentina? Does the US and Canada need India's approval if they decide to merge into one country?

Old 04-27-2015, 07:59 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,986,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
How the f**ck does it have anything to do with the EU and the US? If these countries want to merge, it is these countries' business, why would EU/US have any f8Cking say in all of this?

Does the UK need Chinese approval if she decides to return Falklands to Argentina? Does the US and Canada need India's approval if they decide to merge into one country?
The EU and the US are nepal's 3rd and 6th largest trading partners respectively.
Every country has the right to comment on international affairs. As globalization is becoming more prevalent, it will be impossible to say that changes in a few countries won't affect the rest of the world. Usually they will start with "we welcome" or "we condemn".

Old 04-27-2015, 08:13 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,393,153 times
How about China lets India and Nepal split and annex it? That would probably solve a lot of problems around the world.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:15 AM

Quote:
The EU and the US are nepal's 3rd and 6th largest trading partners respectively.

Every country has the right to comment on international affairs. As globalization is becoming more prevalent, it will be impossible to say that changes in a few countries won't affect the rest of the world. Usually they will start with "we welcome" or "we condemn".
sure, then do you agree if US and Canada decides to merge, or Belgium being annexed by France and the Netherlands, that requires China's approval as well? Or you will think differently?

Old 04-27-2015, 09:36 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,986,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
sure, then do you agree if US and Canada decides to merge, or Belgium being annexed by France and the Netherlands, that requires China's approval as well? Or you will think differently?
I never ever said that such annexation would require approval from countries others than those directly involved. Approval =/= comments

Old 04-27-2015, 12:41 PM

Quote:
I never ever said that such annexation would require approval from countries others than those directly involved. Approval =/= comments
ok, comments, I see.

Then, let me rephrase: who the f8ck cares how the EU/US will comment if Nepal decides voluntarily to join another country (India or/and China).

Every single country can comment on anything. That's their right.

Or will they stop at "commenting", after telling others what to do for centuries? Imagine, just very hypothetically, Taiwan or Singapore decided to join China tomorrow, do you think the US will just comment and makes noattempts to interfere and sabotage the deal?

Old 04-27-2015, 04:42 PM

5,805 posts, read 5,140,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
India toon Goa back. Its called maintaining territorial integrity. You know not of what you speak, just stop.
Ok, so when India took Goa, it's maintaining terr. integrity. But when China under Mao took back Tibet (which was part of China since the reign of Kangxi during the early Qing), it's called an "invasion". Whatever.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:26 PM

5,442 posts, read 4,698,286 times
How about Bhutan? They are more ripe than Nepal!

Old 04-27-2015, 07:17 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,553,982 times
What is the GDP per person of Kathmandu and Pokhara to other capitals in India, then? A great deal of Nepalese people are living in villages at very high elevations, living for themselves off the land, producing practically nothing in terms of measurable product that can be recorded. Many products and supplies must be manually brought up by porters who trek for literally days at a time. It doesn't necessarily make them poorer or worse off than people in other neighbouring countries, but I can see it making things seem worse on paper. I have not yet been to Nepal, but I do know that many people report a sigh of relief when they cross over from India, and that things are much cleaner and more orderly. I don't see how they would instantly become richer or if it's really any worse than the situation in India.

I do think opening up Tibet and China with roads, simple border crossings, and not having all these touristic limitations might open up a whole bunch of new opportunities, though. That being said, the Himalayas are a fragile environment between these two countries that requires serious care and protection, and I fear that will be ignored when the development finally gets okay'd.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:33 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,515,683 times
Wow, the PRC nationalists are just raging on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia