Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2015, 01:50 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,777,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
so you are essentially countering stupidity with stupidity?

" They are forced to say what the government wants them to say. If they don't, they will be imprisoned or executed."? Are you sure? yes, the Chinese are not allowed to say certain things in public, especially when it comes to challenging the CCP, but they are not forced to say what the government wants them to say, and won't be imprisoned or executed for not doing so. Where did you get the idea?

And the tyrannical government is causing "worldwide sufferings"? Where in the world people are suffering because of the Chinese government?
Persecution of Falun Gong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An account of the transformation process was published by the Washington Post in 2001:

“ At a police station in western Beijing, Ouyang was stripped and interrogated for five hours. "If I responded incorrectly, that is if I didn't say, 'Yes,' they shocked me with the electric truncheon," he said.

Then, he was transferred to a labor camp in Beijing's western suburbs. There, the guards ordered him to stand facing a wall. If he moved, they shocked him. If he fell down from fatigue, they shocked him.

Each morning, he had five minutes to eat and relieve himself. "If I didn't make it, I went in my pants," he said. "And they shocked me for that, too."

By the sixth day, Ouyang said, he couldn't see straight from staring at plaster three inches from his face. His knees buckled, prompting more shocks and beatings. He gave in to the guards' demands.

For the next three days, Ouyang denounced [Falun Gong's] teachings, shouting into the wall. Officers continued to shock him about the body and he soiled himself regularly. Finally, on the 10th day, Ouyang's repudiation of the group was deemed sufficiently sincere.

He was taken before a group of Falun Gong inmates and rejected the group one more time as a video camera rolled. Ouyang left jail and entered the brainwashing classes. Twenty days later after debating Falun Gong for 16 hours a day, he "graduated."

"The pressure on me was and is incredible," he said. "In the past two years, I have seen the worst of what man can do. We really are the worst animals on Earth."[90]

Terrorist Chinese Government is very scary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 04:16 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,133,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post

An account of the transformation process was published by the Washington Post in 2001:

“ At a police station in western Beijing, Ouyang was stripped and interrogated for five hours. "If I responded incorrectly, that is if I didn't say, 'Yes,' they shocked me with the electric truncheon," he said.

Then, he was transferred to a labor camp in Beijing's western suburbs. There, the guards ordered him to stand facing a wall. If he moved, they shocked him. If he fell down from fatigue, they shocked him.

Each morning, he had five minutes to eat and relieve himself. "If I didn't make it, I went in my pants," he said. "And they shocked me for that, too."

By the sixth day, Ouyang said, he couldn't see straight from staring at plaster three inches from his face. His knees buckled, prompting more shocks and beatings. He gave in to the guards' demands.

For the next three days, Ouyang denounced [Falun Gong's] teachings, shouting into the wall. Officers continued to shock him about the body and he soiled himself regularly. Finally, on the 10th day, Ouyang's repudiation of the group was deemed sufficiently sincere.

He was taken before a group of Falun Gong inmates and rejected the group one more time as a video camera rolled. Ouyang left jail and entered the brainwashing classes. Twenty days later after debating Falun Gong for 16 hours a day, he "graduated."

"The pressure on me was and is incredible," he said. "In the past two years, I have seen the worst of what man can do. We really are the worst animals on Earth."[90]

Chinese Scientology is also very scary.

Old 05-29-2015, 04:45 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,718,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post

assuming the description is accurate and unbiased, how is it different from Guantanamo bay?

Old 05-29-2015, 04:49 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,285,169 times
Quote:
assuming the description is accurate and unbiased, how is it different from Guantanamo bay?
Falun Gong are their own citizens and they are not involved in trying to destroy the Chinese govt? the terrorists at Guantanamo were captured in battles trying to destroy america

Old 05-29-2015, 10:13 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,854,315 times
Quote:
I think that you know the answer to this, as does basically anyone with any knowledge of either situation. But, in case you are acually ill-informed or unaware and not merely being obtuse...

Falun Gong supporters follow a religion which isn't recognized as being a valid religion by Chinese authorities and, thus, is banned from oublic practice. Whether or not you support China's religious policies, or the manner in which they deal with people who break these policies, Falun Gong is not a terrorist organization and has never perpetrated or planned an attack on the government or Chinese citizens.

The detainees at Guantanamo are interred because they were members of a terrorist organization which openly advocated attacks against the US and carried them out. I don't agree with Gitmo using legal loopholes to effectively operate extrajudicially and believe the detainees should just be put through the US legal system which is enough of a punishment in its own right, and of course there are questions as to the levels of criminal activities some detainees were involved in, but there is a very wide gulf between detaining bored housewives for meditating and doing tai chi, and detaining a guy who was a member of a terrorist organization whose core tenets involved the slaughter of others, and drove a truck loaded with guns and rockets to supply fighters in an insurgent war.

And one way or the other, how is "well ________ is doing it too" a good counter argument when it comes to brutal behavior?

Old 05-29-2015, 10:29 PM

1,946 posts, read 2,563,388 times

Filipino & Vietnamese must immediately protect the country !!

Last edited by japanese001; 05-29-2015 at 10:41 PM..

Old 05-29-2015, 10:53 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,854,315 times
^ OMG IT TALKS??

Old 05-29-2015, 11:06 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,438,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
^ OMG IT TALKS??

He talks, just that the language barrier seems so severe that he usually chooses to post videos.

Old 05-30-2015, 05:23 AM

5,788 posts, read 5,102,477 times
Back to topic.

Did the US ever sign or ratify the UN Convention of the Law of the Sea? I don't think it did.

If not, how can the US justify trying to get China to live by the law when it has not even agreed to it?

From Wiki:

"In the United States there has been vigorous debate over the ratification of the treaty, with criticism coming mainly from political conservatives who consider involvement in some international organizations and treaties as detrimental to U.S. national interests. A group of Republican senators, led by Jim Inhofe of Oklahoma, has blocked American ratification of the Convention, claiming that it would impinge on U.S. sovereignty."....

So, the US does not want to be tied down by the convention because it might go against "US National Interests." But it has no problem trying to force the Chinese to follow it. Right....

Old 05-30-2015, 09:48 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,924,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Back to topic.

Did the US ever sign or ratify the UN Convention of the Law of the Sea? I don't think it did.

If not, how can the US justify trying to get China to live by the law when it has not even agreed to it?

From Wiki:

"In the United States there has been vigorous debate over the ratification of the treaty, with criticism coming mainly from political conservatives who consider involvement in some international organizations and treaties as detrimental to U.S. national interests. A group of Republican senators, led by Jim Inhofe of Oklahoma, has blocked American ratification of the Convention, claiming that it would impinge on U.S. sovereignty."....

So, the US does not want to be tied down by the convention because it might go against "US National Interests." But it has no problem trying to force the Chinese to follow it. Right....
More double standards. The simple reason is the U.S. is crying that another bully entered the playground and is mad there is competition now. This country needs some serious humbling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia