Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2015, 11:50 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,446,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
If you can't see a difference, then you are being willfully obtuse.
He totally is lol.

The inferior/superior complex of these Chinese freaks is so pathetic that I feel like crying for them. ROFL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2015, 07:27 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,726,313 times
Quote:
But net GDP doesn't tell the whole story. 26% of China's GDP is exports, and those exports are what writes the check for China's home economy. If all of a sudden, China's GDP took a 10% dump, it's not like China would just shrug it off. That would be a very large drop, and the effects on its economy would be quite huge. Stock and real estate markets depend on speculation, and a big hit like this would have a huge effect.
Of course it will have a big impact. However, those countries will suffer as well. Do you really think countries like the EU would be willing to do that when they don't have any core interest in the region to begin with, for what, some sort of moral obligation?? Come on, you and I both know how high these countries really think of morals. When was the last time London and Paris talk about Tibet and Dalai Lama?

Australia will also be foolish to do such a thing. Its own economy will practically be devastated if not trade with China.

So that leaves the US and Japan only. Good luck with the embargo when there is practically nothing to gain from. China is not Russia. Think about all the massive investments in China by the US.

Quote:
The US' foreign military installations are all rented from that nation's government, and the US doesn't claim mineral or resource rights within a radius of that base. China is parking itself very close to other nations' shores, uninvited, mumbling something about some ancient scroll describing the place, and then claiming it as its own.

And before you get into the US' past actions claiming land, etc etc etc... it was doing exactly what everyone else was doing 100+ years ago. The period of colonialism is over, due in large part to awareness as to its injustices. You, pennyone, and others often try to justify China's hostility towards other nations with the behavior of other nations in the last century-plus, which is absurd. It's like saying that you should have the right to rape a girl because other guys have done it, too.
Like I said several times, I never said what China is doing is right or reasonable. What I argued for is that national interest compels China to secure its interest in the SCS, and nothing can change that. History is never about what's right or wrong. It is about using your power and get what you want. It has always been the reality we live in. It is utterly useless to talk about should or shouldn't. There are a hundred things the US did in the past ten years which aren't moral, but it did anyway and got away with it.

As to the rape analogy, you talk as if China is the only villain here. Vietnam etc. have been building islands outside their territory for years as well, yet US kept silent about it; but when China does, suddenly it is a problem. Nobody is innocent on this issue, the whole agenda of the US is to use other "bullied victims" as an excuse to contain China's influence in the SCS, and I think the American people are probably tired of such self-righteous rhetoric knowing it is as hypocritical as the previous one.

In the end, the US will only made noise, because it knows that it is not worthwhile to have a war with China over an area where it doesn't have core interest in. You really think the US would go to war to protect the Philippines or Malaysia? When was the last time the US won a war in East Asia?

Quote:
I don't imagine that they would if we woke up tomorrow and the US simply said, "TRADE EMBARGO." The thing is, that this isn't going to happen, and we all know it. The only situation in which the US would do such a thing is if China decided it was going to take violent military actions against its allies. The Philippines and Malaysia have strong ties to other NATO nations, and they would likely follow suit in the face of Chinese aggression... which, again, is likely the only way that such a thing would come to fruition.
China would be very stupid to act violently against anyone, and I don't think it will. China wants peace more than anyone else. Any disruption of the current peaceful development could be fatal to the CCP's ruling. Of course the US is waiting desperately for that to happen, and is probably scheming for it to happen, so that the situation could escalate so that it would again hold some moral high ground to chastise China as if it were the savior of the world.

But it won't happen, and in the end China will get (most of) what it wants, and the US and the west can only sit aside grumbling.

Old 06-02-2015, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
He totally is lol.

The inferior/superior complex of these Chinese freaks is so pathetic that I feel like crying for them. ROFL.
At least China can depend itself. What can Taiwan do except crying to its US daddy?
Who has inferiority complex?

Old 06-02-2015, 08:47 AM

Ugh I really don't want to get into another bickering with you but many of the posts in this topic are probably gonna be deleted anyway, so whatevs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
At least China can depend itself. What can Taiwan do except crying to its US daddy?
Who has inferiority complex?
I said inferior/superior complex, you obviously didn't read the other half. It's a mixture which seems quite common among the Chinese, or say overseas Chinese, like um...you.

If you really need me to elaborate, it's basically like this: You really want to see China being discussed in a positive fashion or see people actually appreciating the country, unfortunately which is not always the case in these boards(or say, always not the case lmao), then you'd get so angry and upset whenever someone criticised China and start writing laughable **** like "Hong Kong lovers are all lazy Westerners who only travel to Asia to see the most Westernised city", "Japanese stole our culture yet people love Japan more, they are so stupid", "Canada(or USA) is so backwards when it comes to this and that, they should learn from China" et cetera.

The mentality comes across as inferiority complex(want to see China being recognised or praised), then you'd wrap up your inferiority complex with superiority complex(China No.1) when others don't follow, attack other countries/regions with super lame arguments such as "America and Britain were even bigger bullies than China is today", "Who cares about Hong Kong and what Hong Kongers think?", "China is so powerful nowadays that nobody would ever mess with her, not even the mighty USA, let alone its minions like Australia or UK", "See how successful India's democracy is" etc. Many of them sounded like what one'd read on Global Times, it's actually quite hilarious.

In short, you're 自卑又自大. Lol.

Last edited by Greysholic; 06-02-2015 at 08:56 AM..

Old 06-02-2015, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Ugh I really don't want to get into another bickering with you but many of the posts in this topic are probably gonna be deleted anyway, so whatevs.
sure, whatever. I was talking about the SCS situation and provided my opinions, while you started engaging in personal attacks (Chinese freaks? really?) just because you don't agree with us.

I thought it is common decency to comment on the opinions, not the person who expressed them. Obviously you can't help letting out your prejudice and hatred.

Inferiority or superiority, doesn't matter. The fact is I don't have a chip on the shoulder about Taiwan (I expressed many times that Taiwan is a successful society and I consider it a country), yet you have a huge one over China (every time China is involved, you will inevitably say something hugely negative towards the country and its people. It is so childish).

Let's just ignore each other. I will keep posting my opinions on Asia and you continue loving Japan dreaming of becoming Japanese someday. OK?

Old 06-02-2015, 09:31 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
Your thoughts?
Well after all it is called The China Sea.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:50 AM

3,437 posts, read 3,287,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Well after all it is called The China Sea.
this makes the Indians angelic compared with the Chinese. they have an ocean named after them and yet don't claim it as theirs

Old 06-02-2015, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
sure, whatever. I was talking about the SCS situation and provided my opinions, while you started engaging in personal attacks (Chinese freaks? really?) just because you don't agree with us.

I thought it is common decency to comment on the opinions, not the person who expressed them. Obviously you can't help letting out your prejudice and hatred.
First of all, yes, you are a Chinese freak. I know these posts are gonna be deleted and I'd probably receive infractions, but I don't mind letting out my "prejudice" and "hatred" cause you guys are indeed quite insufferable. And I think that many agree with me on this.

Secondly, there's nothing wrong about providing personal opinions, the reason why I find you annoying is that you just get really angry whenever somebody else disagrees with you.

Finally, don't act like you've never personally attacked me. You have.

Quote:
Inferiority or superiority, doesn't matter. The fact is I don't have a chip on the shoulder about Taiwan (I expressed many times that Taiwan is a successful society and I consider it a country), yet you have a huge one over China (every time China is involved, you will inevitably say something hugely negative towards the country and its people. It is so childish).
Actually when China is involved, it's more often than not about something negative. Just an observation.
I'm not the biggest fan of China, I admit that. It's impossible to hold a high opinion on a country that constantly bullies and coerces, and the obnoxious tourists and PRC nationalists online certainly don't help.

Quote:
Let's just ignore each other. I will keep posting my opinions on Asia and you continue loving Japan dreaming of becoming Japanese someday. OK?
You know this is called "commenting on the person", which you've done for numerous times just because I hold a different opinion on Japan. #talkabouthypocrisy

Old 06-02-2015, 10:11 AM

3,437 posts, read 3,287,395 times
Quote:
First of all, yes, you are a Chinese freak. I know these posts are gonna be deleted and I'd probably receive infractions, but I don't mind letting out my "prejudice" and "hatred" cause you guys are indeed quite insufferable. And I think that many agree with me on this.

Secondly, there's nothing wrong about providing personal opinions, the reason why I find you annoying is that you just get really angry whenever somebody else disagrees with you.

Finally, don't act like you've never personally attacked me. You have.

Actually when China is involved, it's more often than not about something negative. Just an observation.
I'm not the biggest fan of China, I admit that. It's impossible to hold a high opinion on a country that constantly bullies and coerces, and the obnoxious tourists and PRC nationalists online certainly don't help.

You know this is called "commenting on the person", which you've done for numerous times just because I hold a different opinion on Japan. #talkabouthypocrisy
Chinese are only good at disparaging other nations but could not do anything about their government..

Old 06-02-2015, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
this makes the Indians angelic compared with the Chinese. they have an ocean named after them and yet don't claim it as theirs
different stories. The Indian ocean is strategically unimportant. India doesn't need to India Ocean to transport most of its energy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia