Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 08:39 PM

109 posts, read 90,555 times

Advertisements

Vung Tau, not Vung Tao lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 08:41 PM

Add Da Nang City, this is the most clean, moden, friendly city in Vietnam now

Old 10-07-2015, 12:17 AM

9 posts, read 13,501 times
Best Destinations in Vietnam - Travelers' Choice Awards - TripAdvisor

This might give you some suggestions of where to visit in Vietnam and what to do there.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:19 AM

9 posts, read 13,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marrychen View Post
Can confirm Da Nang is really clean and friendly.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:13 PM

yes. It is compared to Singapore

Old 09-19-2017, 02:21 AM

3 posts, read 1,560 times
Here some places I think you should visit when you came to Vietnam:

Ha Long Bay
This spellbinding sea view is on the west coast of North Bay in Vietnam’s North East sea area. With thousands of otherworldly islands and wonders of nature, its attraction has never stopped spreading to travel enthusiasts around the world. Cruising amid the limestone islands and feasting your eyes on the mesmerizing aqua-green water is a great pleasure. Ha Long also features more than 2,000 islands of dense jungles, magical caves, grottoes, sinkholes, and lakes.

Phong Nha
The Phong Nha’s caves are a part of a greater national park network that has also been deemed a UNESCO World Heritage site. Phong Nha has the purest limestone mountains and also has 45% of the biodiversity in all of Vietnam. Bears, antelopes, monkeys, snakes…. even hundreds of species of butterflies. If you are looking for monkeys, the best time to see them is in the morning and the evening.

Ha Giang
Ha Giang never fails to draw travelers’ attention by its majestic limestones, the legendary Dong Van Plateau, the winding roads, the charming ancient town of Dong Van, and Khau Vai love market where the loves once lost are found. It is endowed with a year-round cool climate and fresh air so this will be a great place for you to get away from the heat.
However, the best part is the dreamy pink buckwheat fields stretching across the hills (Buckwheat Flower Season in Ha Giang). Every October, tourists flock to this place to take photos and soak up such wonderful natural beauty.

Ninh Binh
Just less than 100 km from Hanoi, Ninh Binh is adorned with many beautiful scenic spots having both aesthetic and historical significance. Visitors can travel to Ninh Binh on every season, but the most suitable time would be from January to March according to the lunar calendar. In spring, it is not too cold or too hot; therefore, tourists can combine tourism and sightseeing in the temples for good luck. Also, late May and early June is the grain season in Tam Coc, which is perfect for tourists who like to take pictures.

Da Nang
Situated in the Central South, Da Nang has everything: mountains, plains, and sea. The most famous tourist attractions in Da Nang include Ba Na resort, My Khe beach, and the Asia’s largest in-house recreation center Fantasy Park. Some other fascinating sights that are also worth a visit are Hai Van bay, the pristine forest in Son Tra Peninsula and Ngu Hanh Son. Da Nang is surrounded by three world cultural heritages: Hue, Hoi An and My Son, and a little further is the National Park Phong Nha – Ke Bang. Every year, Da Nang organizes the annual firework festival which attracts many visitors from everywhere to attend.

Sapa
Located in the remote northwest of Vietnam, Sapa hides many wonders. Rice terraces, pictorial mountains and a diversity of hill tribes draw many to “the town in my butts”. When in Sapa, tourists will have ample opportunities to conquer the famous Fansipan peak or to make a trip to the villages hidden in the fog. The mountain scenery with blooming forests and butts embracing cliffs certainly would delight travelers.

I hope you will enjoy your trip.

Old 09-19-2017, 06:16 AM

16,265 posts, read 42,984,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marrychen View Post
I heard DaNang was very spread out, very difficult to navigate on foot...?

Old 09-23-2017, 06:55 PM

20 posts, read 15,578 times
My wife was born in Da Nang and her folks now live in HCMC, so I'm pretty familiar with both of those areas. Ba Na is a cheesy tourist trap with an impressive cable car line. Da Nang is great, with lots of cool places to visit nearby. My favorite places are Phu Quoc and Da Lat though. I prefer natural beauty.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:44 AM

1,946 posts, read 4,053,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnumbers View Post
My wife was born in Da Nang and her folks now live in HCMC, so I'm pretty familiar with both of those areas. Ba Na is a cheesy tourist trap with an impressive cable car line. Da Nang is great, with lots of cool places to visit nearby. My favorite places are Phu Quoc and Da Lat though. I prefer natural beauty.
I have always been interested in visiting Da Nang. My father was stationed there for 1 year when he served in Vietnam, and the diverse geography of the place sounds very appealing. I like the idea of having access to the coast, plains and mountains nearby. But isn't much of Vietnam similar?

Old 09-25-2017, 08:31 AM

14,984 posts, read 23,768,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkdashocker View Post
I have always been interested in visiting Da Nang. My father was stationed there for 1 year when he served in Vietnam, and the diverse geography of the place sounds very appealing. I like the idea of having access to the coast, plains and mountains nearby. But isn't much of Vietnam similar?
The old Da Nang airbase is now the international airport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia