Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 07:44 PM

919 posts, read 839,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Do these japanese kill whales just to spite the rest of the world? It seems that they are doing it just to stick a finger in the collective eye of the world. I will raise a toast once the country is old and irrelevant.
The US citizens kill endangered species while Japanese do not.

BTW, do you know what Perry Expedition is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2015, 09:29 PM

4,899 posts, read 6,222,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Japan doesn't even really eat dolphin. It's not that popular and frankly, doesn't even taste good. Plus, it's full of mercury. I don't even see the point of it, even if you don't see anything wrong with the act itself. It's a terrible product. This seems more akin to the whole shark fin soup craze... a totally pointless exercise that indulged silly superstitions while simultaneously destroying entire shark species populations.

Let's be honest here... in the end, humanity isn't that smart and it will likely meet its end because we as a species can't control our most ridiculous beliefs and insatiable need to destroy everything we touch. The oceans are dying, and at some point, there are going to be serious consequences for that. But hey, tradition.
Quote:
Do these japanese kill whales just to spite the rest of the world? It seems that they are doing it just to stick a finger in the collective eye of the world.
We should all be concerned about the wild life on our planet. This includes the "scientific" whaling
debate as well as all the other countries which are participating in illegal poaching of animals for
meat, as trophies, trinkets and traditional medicine with no scientific evidence supporting these ancient
practices. These creatures are on the verge of extinction.

OPINION: Rhinos and Elephants Are in Trouble

https://www.dosomething.org/facts/11...aching-animals

Old 12-12-2015, 12:15 AM

1,022 posts, read 1,972,345 times
I am surprised no one has brought up, Americans eat Bambi, or people from the applachians eat The chipmunks, how bout those cute fluffy bunnies.

My Asian grandmother thinks Turkey are digusting and unhealthy.. So why do Americans eat it with celebration?

Because, it's our culture. Stay out of other people's business, they will stay out of ours.

Old 12-12-2015, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris V View Post
I am surprised no one has brought up, Americans eat Bambi, or people from the applachians eat The chipmunks, how bout those cute fluffy bunnies.

My Asian grandmother thinks Turkey are digusting and unhealthy.. So why do Americans eat it with celebration?

Because, it's our culture. Stay out of other people's business, they will stay out of ours.
I can't agree more.

Lucky Turkey! President Obama Spares a Thanksgiving Bird from Dinner Table
At the White House today, President Obama gave one lucky turkey a second chance at life, saving it from ending up as Thanksgiving dinner.

Old 12-13-2015, 03:57 AM

5,788 posts, read 5,102,477 times
Yeah, only an intellectually challenged person would compare a domesticated turkey, which the US alone hatch and grow more than 500 million a year, to the whales and dolphins, many if which are on the verge of extinction.

I can't disagree more with the asinine comparison and I question the the dubious intelligence of those who use it ad nauseam to justify grotesque behavior like dolphin and whale hunting.

Old 12-13-2015, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Yeah, only an intellectually challenged person would compare a domesticated turkey, which the US alone hatch and grow more than 500 million a year, to the whales and dolphins, many if which are on the verge of extinction.
Sorry, but you don't know what you are talking about.

Americans are killing endangered whale species, not Japanese.

Old 12-14-2015, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
Sorry, but you don't know what you are talking about.

Americans are killing endangered whale species, not Japanese.
LOL ROTFLOL!

World's Top 10 Whaling Countries after Japan Ban

Learn something today...

Old 12-14-2015, 07:16 PM

Quote:
LOL ROTFLOL!

World's Top 10 Whaling Countries after Japan Ban

Learn something today...
Do you read?

Bowhead Whale (Balaena mysticetus)
Bowhead whales are also listed in Appendix 1 of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of 1973 (CITES) This link is an external site., which prohibits trade of the species. Bowhead whales also receive additional protection under the Marine Mammal Protection Act (MMPA) of 1972.
Learn what Endangered Species means today.

I would understand if Hindus accused Japanese of killing cattle as they regard cattle to be a sacred animal. But do they? As far as I know, they don't.

Mob kills suspected cattle smuggler in India
A group of villagers have killed a Muslim man for allegedly smuggling cattle from India's Himachal Pradesh, where cow slaughter is forbidden as many Hindus regard it to be a sacred animal.

You do it for no reason.

Old 12-15-2015, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
Do you read?

Bowhead Whale (Balaena mysticetus)
Bowhead whales are also listed in Appendix 1 of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of 1973 (CITES) This link is an external site., which prohibits trade of the species. Bowhead whales also receive additional protection under the Marine Mammal Protection Act (MMPA) of 1972.
Learn what Endangered Species means today.

I would understand if Hindus accused Japanese of killing cattle as they regard cattle to be a sacred animal. But do they? As far as I know, they don't.

Mob kills suspected cattle smuggler in India
A group of villagers have killed a Muslim man for allegedly smuggling cattle from India's Himachal Pradesh, where cow slaughter is forbidden as many Hindus regard it to be a sacred animal.

You do it for no reason.
Seriously...you think the Americans are more of a threat to whales and dolphins than the Japanese? Seriously? Did you even read through the link I gave you? There are lots of pretty pictures that go with the words so you might like it.

Old 12-15-2015, 09:43 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,124,184 times
Dolphin, the other chicken of the sea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia