Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2016, 08:20 AM

504 posts, read 599,109 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
I'm looking to visit a southeast Asian country/city next month. I've limited it to Southeast asia because of the climate (would like to be somewhere warm and close to beaches).
I'm considering: Singapore, HK (I know not SE Asian), Manila/Boracay, Chiangmai, Jakarta, Saigon. Not considering Bangkok as I went there last year.
I would like somewhere safe and decent gay nightlife.
I would be travelling alone, though I have friends in Manila, Jakarta (though they are working and might not hang out with me much)

Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 08:40 AM

10,646 posts, read 16,040,657 times
Manila or Saigon.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:09 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,640,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oistrakh12 View Post
Hi all,
I'm looking to visit a southeast Asian country/city next month. I've limited it to Southeast asia because of the climate (would like to be somewhere warm and close to beaches).
I'm considering: Singapore, HK (I know not SE Asian), Manila/Boracay, Chiangmai, Jakarta, Saigon. Not considering Bangkok as I went there last year.
I would be travelling alone, though I have friends in Manila, Jakarta (though they are working and might not hang out with me much)

Any thoughts?
Chiang Mai is located in the north of Thailand and is definitely NOT close to any beaches. If you're looking for beaches, you might want to consider locations like Phuket, Phang Nga, Krabi. Not sure how active the gay nightlife is there though. Phang Nga and Krabi are more about the beaches and not so much about nightlife. For beaches and nightlife, Phuket is more active. A quick look with your browser can show you some of the gay night spots there. Phuket also has an international airport, but if you're from Europe, I'm not sure if any direct flights land there. You might still have to fly into Bangkok and get a connecting flight to Phuket.

If the gay nightlife scene is what you're interested in, then you might want to consider Pattaya as a possible destination which also has beaches along the Gulf of Thailand. Pattaya is also closer and easier to get to the Suvarnabhumi International Airport. Be safe. Always use protection.

Old 01-25-2016, 03:40 AM

327 posts, read 569,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oistrakh12 View Post
Hi all,

Any thoughts?
Just remember that Chinese New Year starts Feb. 8th this year, and this is the largest mass migration of people on the planet. Tourist spots in S.E. Asia are mobbed during this period. I would absolutely forget Boracay (or any small town/island or tourist city in S.E. Asia) as they will likely be swamped during that period.

Old 02-11-2016, 04:26 AM

162 posts, read 270,560 times
Any city in Indonesia outside of Denpasar and Jakarta. Truly authentic Asia experience. No one but locals everywhere you go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia