Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 09:29 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,889,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
AND where are the kids' parents? What are the parents doing to raise them correctly? Right. Nothing. They're sitting back and doing nothing like always.

If teens are getting money by having sex with someone, the parents aren't doing THEIR part to protect them and educate them enough about sex, sexual abuse and sexual health. Blame whoever or whatever you want, but in the end only the parents are to blame for this nonsense.

Asian patents need to start taking accountability for themselves and their children -- and get their heads out of the hole.

Sex trafficking of children and teenagers is common in parts of Asia particularly Thailand parents sometimes knowingly sell the kids to a pimp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 10:21 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,404,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Sex trafficking of children and teenagers is common in parts of Asia particularly Thailand parents sometimes knowingly sell the kids to a pimp.
That's precisely my point.

The parents are the main culprits in AIDS taking the lives of so many teenagers. But they still want to ignore it and/or push the blame on someone else (foreigners, etc). Their parents are HUGELY the ones responsible for this diseased epidemic mess.

It wouldn't be killing swarms if the parents were intelligent, responsible human beings/adults and actually gave a damn about their offspring.

Old 12-01-2015, 11:01 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,680,547 times
Quote:
That's what the media would like people to believe. It's sensational and sells magazines or whatever. I've lived over there, though, and one thing they don't put up with is child prostitution. It's no more prevalent there than anywhere else. Adult prostitution? That's another matter. It's a different culture though, and it's tolerated. Not legal, but you'd never know that. Even in Asian Muslim countries prostitution is common.

For whatever reason, Asia seems to have more tourists from Europe than from America. It's probably just the distance.

Old 12-02-2015, 01:06 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,049,263 times
Quote:
AND where are the kids' parents? What are the parents doing to raise them correctly? Right. Nothing. They're sitting back and doing nothing like always.

If teens are getting money by having sex with someone, the parents aren't doing THEIR part to protect them and educate them enough about sex, sexual abuse and sexual health. Blame whoever or whatever you want, but in the end only the parents are to blame for this nonsense.

Asian patents need to start taking accountability for themselves and their children -- and get their heads out of the hole.
Asians are not all the same, ok?
Teenager prostitutes are not common in China, Korea, Mongolia, Japan, ... just a few places in Southeast Asia.

Old 12-02-2015, 01:07 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,851,256 times
Most of the reports I've ever read said that the bulk of Western sex tourists in Asia come from Europe, which has mirrored my experience. There are also a larger number of Aussies, due to proxomity. Not much is said of the guys who come from Korea, Japan, and China... even though these inter-Asian sex tourists make up the bulk of the industry.

Child prostitution is vile. The men who pay for it, the pimps who push it, and the parents who subject their kids to it all deserve the worst that can be done to them, imho.

Old 12-02-2015, 01:13 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,049,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Most of the reports I've ever read said that the bulk of sex tourists in Asia come from Europe, which has mirrored my experience. There are also a larger number of Aussies, due to proxomity.

Child prostitution is vile. The men who pay for it, the pimps who push it, and the parents who subject their kids to it all deserve the worst that can be done to them, imho.
Yes European men are obsessed with Thailand.
When I was in Europe, many talked about their vacation in Thailand. Now Chinese tourists are a majority, i wonder how that shifts the market. Most older Chinese are not interested in sex tours, especially because they travel in group with family and cannot speak English.

Old 12-02-2015, 11:29 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,123,161 times
Back when I was in the Navy 20 or so years ago, our battle group would stop off in Thailand after doing a 6 month I.O. cruise. I can't count how many times I've been there. But I was the type who was scared to death of catching an STD so I wouldn't mess around. But a friend of mine and I would go out and pick up a few hot chicks and just hang out with them because they would always make sure no one rips us off. After all, we were wining and dining them along with bringing them out for some entertainment like movies and sight seeing, so our money was their money and they made sure we didn't get ripped off, cause that would mean they were getting ripped off. We would pay their bar fee/fine which was a whopping $20 USD equivalent in Thai money and be off for the entire day and evening with them. And the chicks were knockout gorgeous. Why not? I didn't mind hanging out with very attractive chicks. They were so beautiful, the average guy in America couldn't hang out with such beautiful women over here unless he was somebody really special like a movie star, famous athlete, etc. Plus when the women would realize we weren't into that other type of activity, they'd meet up with us at a pre planned location away from the bar the rest of the time we were there so we wouldn't have to pay their bar fee/fine again. And from what the girls seemed to indicate was that the vast majority of their other "business" was from German male tourists. The girls also seemed to indicate that most of such women are basically "sold" by their family at a very young age to some type of middle party which would then bring them to the establishments to work in the red light areas in Thailand.

From what I'm hearing now from some of my old friends still in the military, much of the port calls to Thailand have been eliminated because on average 1 out of 3 women in those bars and who do that type of "work" are HIV/AIDS positive. And for that reason, the US military is not going there any more or as often as it died back 20 years ago when I was in the service.

The thing is, HIV/AIDS is completely preventable. People just don't have the sense and/or self control to just say no. That right there is the root cause and there will never be an end to it until people stop doing what they are doing in regards to activities associated with contracting it through sexual activities. Secondary victims are those who innocently come in contact with it such as blood transfusions, needles exposed to the virus, etc. If the root cause is eliminated, the secondary sources will be eliminated as well. 30 years, millions of deaths and millions more in research and there still is no cure. And it's just a question of time before another strain to evolve which kills even quicker then the previous strain. And the concoction of drugs used to treat individuals with the disease is only a temporary fix. The root cause needs to be dealt with first and foremost, not just how to deal with it after the fact. That's the bid problem right there.

Old 12-02-2015, 12:00 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,180,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John7777 View Post
That's what the media would like people to believe. It's sensational and sells magazines or whatever. I've lived over there, though, and one thing they don't put up with is child prostitution. It's no more prevalent there than anywhere else. Adult prostitution? That's another matter. It's a different culture though, and it's tolerated. Not legal, but you'd never know that. Even in Asian Muslim countries prostitution is common.

For whatever reason, Asia seems to have more tourists from Europe than from America. It's probably just the distance.
And Australia.

Old 12-02-2015, 12:14 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:

Yes, many rural families in Thailand/Philippines/etc SELL their daughters into the sex trade and a life of prostitution. Western men love to travel to Asia to have "relations" with young girls and ladyboys with basically no restrictions.

Old 12-04-2015, 04:09 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,667,395 times
Quote:
You mean Cambodia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia