Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 09:04 AM

24 posts, read 22,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
YOUR people should stay but you leave. What a nice guy you are.
I stay here for my company, i am not immigrant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 09:08 PM

919 posts, read 840,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korea Wtf View Post
I stay here for my company, i am not immigrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korea Wtf View Post
I hope I could move to US, Canada or Australia
Do you know what you wrote??

Old 04-11-2016, 01:13 AM

2,173 posts, read 4,408,585 times
I don't know what's wrong with just letting a country shrink in population vs. destroying the native culture and native ethnicities with mass immigration. If the population shrinks, yes there will be economic consequences. But on the other hand, there will be less traffic, more open space and parks, less crowds, less density, better for environment, lower house prices, etc.... Just try to use technology to replace people when population shrinks. It's the same with European countries, instead if destroying their native cultures and native ethnicity with mass immigration from the Middle East and Africa, they should think about just letting their population and economies just shrink. It would be a shame to see these old cultures get watered down and overrun with mass immigration.

Old 04-11-2016, 04:25 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,106,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctr88 View Post
I don't know what's wrong with just letting a country shrink in population vs. destroying the native culture and native ethnicities with mass immigration. If the population shrinks, yes there will be economic consequences. But on the other hand, there will be less traffic, more open space and parks, less crowds, less density, better for environment, lower house prices, etc.... Just try to use technology to replace people when population shrinks. It's the same with European countries, instead if destroying their native cultures and native ethnicity with mass immigration from the Middle East and Africa, they should think about just letting their population and economies just shrink. It would be a shame to see these old cultures get watered down and overrun with mass immigration.
I think it's more than just a choice. When your pop shrink, what this means is that the young folks are dwindling due to lower birth rate, and given medical advances, the older pop increases and so you have a pop pyramid where the number of young working folks who put taxes into the system is getting smaller, while the older pop who is using tax money for retirement and medical support is getting bigger. This means that the young ones are less numerous and have increasing tax burden. If this is the case, how can they also save for a house, and raise their kids? This is a vicious cycle that will end in crisis. So you do need more young people to support the growing old people. It's more complicated than just preserving your culture and becoming a smaller population. This is also why the Chinese are beginning to worry about the same issue. They may have a huge population, but projection shows that their working younger pop will decline as their older folks will rise and demand more support, which the younger ones will find increasingly difficult to do.

Last edited by pennyone; 04-11-2016 at 05:35 AM..

Old 04-11-2016, 06:02 AM

280 posts, read 339,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
I think it's more than just a choice. When your pop shrink, what this means is that the young folks are dwindling due to lower birth rate, and given medical advances, the older pop increases and so you have a pop pyramid where the number of young working folks who put taxes into the system is getting smaller, while the older pop who is using tax money for retirement and medical support is getting bigger. This means that the young ones are less numerous and have increasing tax burden. If this is the case, how can they also save for a house, and raise their kids? This is a vicious cycle that will end in crisis. So you do need more young people to support the growing old people. It's more complicated than just preserving your culture and becoming a smaller population. This is also why the Chinese are beginning to worry about the same issue. They may have a huge population, but projection shows that their working younger pop will decline as their older folks will rise and demand more support, which the younger ones will find increasingly difficult to do.
In Australia we have a somewhat sustainable population despite an greying population via immigration. Housing affordability is also an issue....it's because of greed - real estate is generally old money with the Chinese and nouveau rich propping it up.

I think the world is moving towards a more transient lifestyle...

Old 04-11-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willister View Post
In Australia we have a somewhat sustainable population despite an greying population via immigration. Housing affordability is also an issue....it's because of greed - real estate is generally old money with the Chinese and nouveau rich propping it up.

I think the world is moving towards a more transient lifestyle...
Right. All the rich Chinese who don't feel safe living and buying in their own country, and are flooding Australia with their money....a lot of that money is from corruption.

Old 07-29-2016, 09:33 AM

324 posts, read 467,628 times
Nice to see a country that takes pride in maintaining it's culture and values

Europe and the US could learn a thing or two

Old 07-29-2016, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_u_a_wizard View Post
Nice to see a country that takes pride in maintaining it's culture and values

Europe and the US could learn a thing or two
Some people might call that pride xenophobia. Japan is not known for its outward looking attitude. It has always been very insular because it was always a tiny set of island states now combined into one country. They've never really had a long experience with being an empire (their brief modern empire leading to its collapse in WWII is too brief to bring any sort of cultural influence). They do not have an open and tolerant mind.

Old 07-30-2016, 07:37 AM

8 posts, read 5,896 times
Yanagisawa, did you mean NHI (National Health Insurance) in your previous post about a Chinese father treated in Japan?

Old 07-30-2016, 07:56 AM

2,631 posts, read 2,050,625 times
Japan should offer married Japanese couples 10 million yen per baby and give mothers extended paid maternity leave as an incentive to procreate. They're trying all of these different stimulus and negative interest bond black magic which is not working. What could be more stimulative than more people and more money in their hands?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia