Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 02:26 AM

1,007 posts, read 2,014,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
I never said that all offenders were canned.

Frankly the practice itself is ridiculous enough, it doesn't matter what kind of crime it is.

Speaking of... I saw this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVhbRtnjT0E

And holy mother of god. Especially around 3:12. Absolutely mindblowing.
Jesus, did you see THAT many Chinese tourists when you were in Paris/France? What about in other European cities/nations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2017, 01:19 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,718,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZpharmer View Post
Jesus, did you see THAT many Chinese tourists when you were in Paris/France? What about in other European cities/nations?
It is very easy to avoid Chinese tourists because they mostly ONLY go to large and famous cities.

There is no surprise there are many of them, considering China has 4 times to population as the United States. In the coming years, you will see a LOT more of them most definitely. Even a small percentage of them are rich enough to visit Europe, that's still many million of them.

If you don't want to encounter large chinese tourist groups, just go to smaller and less well known cities. For example, many Chinese go to Nice and Monaco but Antibes and Villefranch-sur-mer are rarely on their radar. Barcelona is one of their favourite but Seville is still unheard of. When I visited Sicily, the number of Chinese tourists are in the single digits, but Rome is full of them.

Also avoid the first week of October and the Chinese New Year because that's when people are most likely to travel.

Old 04-05-2017, 04:40 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,176,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
It is very easy to avoid Chinese tourists because they mostly ONLY go to large and famous cities.

There is no surprise there are many of them, considering China has 4 times to population as the United States. In the coming years, you will see a LOT more of them most definitely. Even a small percentage of them are rich enough to visit Europe, that's still many million of them.

If you don't want to encounter large chinese tourist groups, just go to smaller and less well known cities. For example, many Chinese go to Nice and Monaco but Antibes and Villefranch-sur-mer are rarely on their radar. Barcelona is one of their favourite but Seville is still unheard of. When I visited Sicily, the number of Chinese tourists are in the single digits, but Rome is full of them.

Also avoid the first week of October and the Chinese New Year because that's when people are most likely to travel.
What a funny argument. Avoid any well-known cities? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of travel.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
What a funny argument. Avoid any well-known cities? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of travel.
In many cases, not really.

For example if one has only a week, he can choose to visit the south of Spain (Seville, Granada etc) than the typical Madrid/Barcelona the Chinese always go. You get the same enjoyment, if not more.

And I am not sure if the famous city of Nice is really superior to many nearby towns. I don't think so. Cannes despite its fame is actually boring. But for some reason, everyone wants to go to Nice and Cannes.

Well-known cities (to the Chinese) are not necessarily the most interesting cities to see. It is like going to China and see Shanghai... well.

Plus, the Chinese really only know a very small number of foreign cities believe it or not.

Old 04-05-2017, 08:33 PM

166 posts, read 278,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
You don't seem to read too well, bud.

He said, "If you don't want to encounter large chinese tourist groups, just go to smaller and less well known cities."

Operative word being "if" as in for those of us who would like to avoid these large hordes of people.

So no, it does not defeat the purpose of travel.

Old 04-05-2017, 09:03 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,438,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZpharmer View Post
It's not so much the amount of them that's shocking. I was just amazed by the open air WWE on the streets with people passing by, they seem so confrontational and cavemen-like.

Old 04-05-2017, 11:46 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,014,209 times
Quote:
It's not so much the amount of them that's shocking. I was just amazed by the open air WWE on the streets with people passing by, they seem so confrontational and cavemen-like.
Well put!!

Old 04-07-2017, 06:26 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,176,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomadwood86 View Post
You don't seem to read too well, bud.

He said, "If you don't want to encounter large chinese tourist groups, just go to smaller and less well known cities."

Operative word being "if" as in for those of us who would like to avoid these large hordes of people.

So no, it does not defeat the purpose of travel.
Well, it assumes people are just traveling to stay in hotels, and they could care less where they actually go.

A lot of people travel to see the large touristic sites of the major cities.

Old 04-08-2017, 01:54 AM

Quote:
That really shows the kind of people who now live in France seem to be of lower education/social status than those in North America.

In Canada or the US, I have never seen such street display of confrontation. It is something I imagine will happen in small cities or the countryside in China, where people resort of a bit of violent rather quickly when it comes to disagreement, and even women do that too.

But don't laugh at them yet. It is just the low education, low income Chinese fighting on the streets. I have seen the same WWE in Taiwan's parliament, which apparently happens rather frequently. You would assume those are the elite of the country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l8jWHXodQ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wQ6ZdtYk1A

Old 04-08-2017, 04:53 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,438,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
That really shows the kind of people who now live in France seem to be of lower education/social status than those in North America.

In Canada or the US, I have never seen such street display of confrontation. It is something I imagine will happen in small cities or the countryside in China, where people resort of a bit of violent rather quickly when it comes to disagreement, and even women do that too.

But don't laugh at them yet. It is just the low education, low income Chinese fighting on the streets. I have seen the same WWE in Taiwan's parliament, which apparently happens rather frequently. You would assume those are the elite of the country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l8jWHXodQ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wQ6ZdtYk1A
They seemed like tourists to me.

As for Taiwan's parliament, back in the days, the oppositions had to go WWE because they were powerless and it was the only way to get any sort of attention on political issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia