Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 03:52 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,748,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Im currently in my wife's mom's village of a few hundred in rural Hunan. Me, my brother in law, and two cousins walked to the town store, where everyone was playing cards or mahjong, and I got stared at a lot while we bought some waterproof fireworks to throw into the river and kill off the few schools of minnows that had managed to survive the pollution (one of the cousins lamented that a few years before, the river was "filled with fish").

:/

I miss Guangzhou.
I can imagine the culture shock. No offence but most urban Chinese refuse to marry those from rural area, mainly because the "culture shock" and the pressure from both families.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 07:28 AM

5,788 posts, read 5,100,404 times
Who cares about all this. I hope the Chinese leaders and the people are readying themselves for the onslaught of trump and his ax coming for china. Don't let this superstitious Chinese New Year holiday of the chicken or rooster or whatever lull china into complacency. Trump the orange monster is coming for china and I seriously hope xi and his colleagues are prepared for a struggle on all fronts. Trump will challlenge a whole host of Chinese red lines and china has no room to back down from any of these. Get those DF 41 ready, china.

Old 01-30-2017, 01:23 AM

1,141 posts, read 1,206,898 times
I kind of missed my days in Shanghai when I use to live there over 10 years ago with all of the fireworks during the Chinese New Year holiday. It was really impressive. It was like the city was being bombed or something. Really crazy, esp if your apartment was high up in a tall building. The only issue I had back then was the timing of when some idiots would set off their firecrackers, like 5 or 6am, which was way too early! HA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia