Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 03:31 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,285,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
That's most likely a plumbing problem from specific buildings. Rusty tasting water typically comes from old water pipes. Minerals are often added to the water in treatment plants, like calcium, which can be removed with a softener, but that doesn't effect the taste or quality. Just adds build up in pipes.
the water system in Manila was installed during the Spanish era using iron pipes and there is no rusty taste. where I live now, the city was only recently incorporated so its water system is not that old but it does taste rusty. same taste also in the previous city I lived 10 years ago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2017, 07:20 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,438,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
You think so? I was in Spain, Germany, and the UK and the water tasted like chlorine. It's nasty. And Japan is the same. I've been told in Japan not to drink the tap water, get bottled
It felt a bit awkward at first as I never really did that but yeah I think the water in the Netherlands is very good. The countries you mentioned are bigger so there might be regional variations though. I thought the water tasted weird in Spain as well.

Idk what's going on with Japan because I thought everyone drank from the tap. I saw that on TV as well, maybe it's ok to do so in some areas but not others, or they are just used to it.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:12 AM

8,480 posts, read 6,882,429 times
Speaking of Singapore water the government is hiking rates 30%. Lots of people not happy.

Old 03-09-2017, 03:30 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,881,675 times
If you are a visitor - most 4 or 5 star hotels have filtered water from it's taps. Never had a problem in India or China drinking the water...breathing the air is an entirely different concern.

Old 03-09-2017, 06:14 PM

280 posts, read 338,955 times
In Australia, I've always had tap water, even as a kid in primary school we had these taps that pressure the water up like a fountain to drink from. Our water is from mostly rainwater, obviously filtered, no desalinated water. As for Asia, I don't think any country would be "safe" to drink from. In Asia, I *always* drink bottled water.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:12 PM

317 posts, read 373,601 times
Speaking of Asia, you can drink the water out of the tap in Kuwait and Dubai (desalinated water), but you can't in Oman.

Old 03-10-2017, 12:44 AM

600 posts, read 566,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
Most of California's tap water comes from rivers, like the Colorado river and it is treated. California has some of the highest standards for water quality in the world.

The US didn't even make the Top 19 list of countries with the cleanest water.
https://www.triphobo.com/blog/countr...t-of-tap-water

I live in CA, and everyone I know has a Reverse Osmosis System. Bottle water are also the Top selling drinks in America. How can that be if our Tap water are considered "the best in the world". lol

In the US, our water are contaminated with Sodium Fluoride (a poison) which they buy in bulk from China where these toxic waste are taken away from Aluminum Manufacturing plant and sold to America.

China doesn't even pollute their own water with this stuff. Not sure why we're paying China to poison our own water supply with it. Unless it done on purpose to ruin our health and teeth.

The actual substance that is good for our teeth are the Naturally occurring Calcium Fluoride.

And our water just doesn't have fluoride. It also contains, aluminum, chloride, arsenic, nitrate, lead, etc etc.

Old 03-10-2017, 06:38 AM

12,383 posts, read 8,141,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taimaishu View Post
The US didn't even make the Top 19 list of countries with the cleanest water.
https://www.triphobo.com/blog/countr...t-of-tap-water

I live in CA, and everyone I know has a Reverse Osmosis System. Bottle water are also the Top selling drinks in America. How can that be if our Tap water are considered "the best in the world". lol

In the US, our water are contaminated with Sodium Fluoride (a poison) which they buy in bulk from China where these toxic waste are taken away from Aluminum Manufacturing plant and sold to America.

China doesn't even pollute their own water with this stuff. Not sure why we're paying China to poison our own water supply with it. Unless it done on purpose to ruin our health and teeth.

The actual substance that is good for our teeth are the Naturally occurring Calcium Fluoride.

And our water just doesn't have fluoride. It also contains, aluminum, chloride, arsenic, nitrate, lead, etc etc.
Because Americans live in a rich and fearful society. Just about everyone over 50 was raised on tap water, even from "colored" and "white" fountains. Those who bought water were buying the refrigerator that cooled their water. Our refrigerators came with their own refrigerating systems along with ice makers as standard. When Perrier started commercials in the 80s people treated buying water as a yuppie joke.

Then came the Gulf War and videos of the USAF flying in bottled water and the industry changed from a luxury water product, since tap was perfectly safe, into a mini single use canteen convenience product. With environmentalist gaining power to spike the canteen business Coke and Pepsi started to sell their filtered tap water as safer and the rich fearful generation bought their marketing. So today we burn millions of gallons of diesel and gasoline to move the mini canteens of water for drinking, because we have disposable income, while using piped in water to bathe in.

Old 03-10-2017, 10:08 AM

3,437 posts, read 3,285,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taimaishu View Post
It also contains, aluminum, chloride, arsenic, nitrate, lead, etc etc.
That explains the scaling in the pipes, boiling pot, cups etc. which I don't find in Manila where the water system was originally installed more than a hundred years ago

Old 03-10-2017, 12:31 PM

600 posts, read 566,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Because Americans live in a rich and fearful society. Just about everyone over 50 was raised on tap water, even from "colored" and "white" fountains.
Obviously, due to greed, profit and hidden agendas, the our tap water are far much worse now than it was before.

Segregation was between the late 1800's to 1950. America didn't decide to poison our tap water supply until 1954 with the introduction of Sodium Fluoride.

Not to mentions our tap contains runoff from fertilizer and pesticides, plus many other contaminants. But yeah, enjoy your tap. I'll drink my filtered water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia