Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 05:47 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,240,498 times

Advertisements

Several of my friends have worked in Kazahk and they all say the girls there are off the charts fantastic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2017, 06:32 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,641,122 times
People from this country really make beautiful babies! Eurasian people are so nice looking!

Old 05-06-2017, 05:34 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,748,644 times
Kazakhs in China are much less European/Iranian-looking than Uyghurs in China (just in genral, of course).
However some Kazakhs in Kazakhstan are mixed with Russians.

Old 05-06-2017, 05:41 PM

530 posts, read 820,410 times
Are the people in the photos posted ethnic Kazakhs? I know there is a significant Korean population there, do Kazakhs have an east Asian look?

Old 05-06-2017, 05:43 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,748,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb05f View Post
Are the people in the photos posted ethnic Kazakhs? I know there is a significant Korean population there, do Kazakhs have an east Asian look?
Most of them look like East or Northeast Asians.

Old 05-20-2017, 10:42 AM

2,590 posts, read 4,529,366 times
Kazakhstan is a big(mostly empty) country. I'm really only familiar with the cities of Astana and Almaty. I prefer Almaty but I live in Astana. Almaty is an older Soviet city that sits at the base of a huge mountain range. Astana is a mostly new city practically in the middle of flat, expansive nowhere. Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan are more interesting culturally in my opinion.

I won't lie. Astana is miserable in the winter and I think it shows up in people's attitudes. I wouldn't consider this place friendly, especially after having driven here. In fact, I consider Moscow a friendlier city and that says a lot. the concept of standing in line doesn't exist here. The bar scene here is definitely not on the level of anywhere in Europe or the U.S. Being openly gay here is probably very challenging.

Almaty is a little more interesting and enjoyable, especially in the winter. The mountains are great for winter sports. There are better entertainment options in the city as well.

The ladies can be very beautiful here but I moved here from Moscow which wins in that regard hands down. In my opinion Tajik and Uzbek women are prettier on average and aren't shy about approaching a guy.

Old 05-20-2017, 06:42 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,641,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
Kazakhstan is a big(mostly empty) country. I'm really only familiar with the cities of Astana and Almaty. I prefer Almaty but I live in Astana. Almaty is an older Soviet city that sits at the base of a huge mountain range. Astana is a mostly new city practically in the middle of flat, expansive nowhere. Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan are more interesting culturally in my opinion.

I won't lie. Astana is miserable in the winter and I think it shows up in people's attitudes. I wouldn't consider this place friendly, especially after having driven here. In fact, I consider Moscow a friendlier city and that says a lot. the concept of standing in line doesn't exist here. The bar scene here is definitely not on the level of anywhere in Europe or the U.S. Being openly gay here is probably very challenging.

Almaty is a little more interesting and enjoyable, especially in the winter. The mountains are great for winter sports. There are better entertainment options in the city as well.

The ladies can be very beautiful here but I moved here from Moscow which wins in that regard hands down. In my opinion Tajik and Uzbek women are prettier on average and aren't shy about approaching a guy.

Thanks for the post, it was really helpful!

Old 05-20-2017, 07:46 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,921,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
They used to have a lot of ethnic Germans there but I think many have emigrated.....
You mean Volga Germans?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volga_Germans

Apparently they were sent to Gulags, or expelled.

Old 05-20-2017, 08:30 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,980,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I'm a mixed Asian/White guy from the US, and would really like to visit the country. Are people there mostly friendly? What is the food and bar scene like? Are gay people accepted?
Not openly gay people, just like Russia.

Old 05-21-2017, 11:24 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,875,941 times
Borat will tell you everything you need to know about Glorious Nation of Kasakhstan

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia