Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2019, 01:27 AM

1,002 posts, read 905,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnycaritta View Post
I prefer the capital city to move to West Java only because the population of Java is already solid 56% compared to Kalimantan so I support Kalimantan❤��the news of Jokowi is more interested to central and east Kalimantan in central Kalimantan there is an area of 'Gunung Mas' which is ideal and most ready to become a capital city because the big area is vast but the minus is is development starts from the beginning again and Jokowi also likes East Kalimantan because complete infrastructure from international airports, seaports, to toll roads but the minus is flood and the water is rather salty
And Jakarta is very suitable to be a city of business, economy and trade
I was just a little worried if moved the capital from Jakarta... the new capital city this would be crowdedon weekdays but during holidays would be quiet because people would definitely to crowded places you can see such Putra Jaya /Malaysia or Naypyidaw / Burma the deserted city this very different previous capital city Kuala Lumpur or Yangon, I think Jakarta even though later it would not be the capital city again it always will be crowded and will never lonely...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2019, 01:27 AM

400 posts, read 238,277 times
The 3rd or 4th (if you count the twin tower separately) U/C Supertall in Jakarta

Daswin Building, 320 meter

progress

Old 05-10-2019, 02:02 AM

1,002 posts, read 905,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
The 3rd or 4th (if you count the twin tower separately) U/C Supertall in Jakarta

Daswin Building, 320 meter

progress
Wow .. Yeah Jakarta beautiful buildings and the infrastructures​ are really great ...

Old 05-10-2019, 06:26 AM

732 posts, read 779,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
I don't know why you get so butthurt when someone says he loves Jakarta more. Just chill. People are free to have their own opinion.
My friend being butthurt, telling the truth and citing opinions are 3 different things. Why would I feel butthurt when I even praised the devts going in on Jakarta. Just because I pointed out my opinion about long term devt plans siding in favor Manila, I am already butthurt? You better remind your fellow Indonesians first of that and be rationale before accusing someone.

Old 05-11-2019, 03:14 AM

25 posts, read 14,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnycaritta View Post
I prefer the capital city to move to West Java only because the population of Java is already solid 56% compared to Kalimantan so I support Kalimantan❤��the news of Jokowi is more interested to central and east Kalimantan in central Kalimantan there is an area of 'Gunung Mas' which is ideal and most ready to become a capital city because the big area is vast but the minus is is development starts from the beginning again and Jokowi also likes East Kalimantan because complete infrastructure from international airports, seaports, to toll roads but the minus is flood and the water is rather salty
And Jakarta is very suitable to be a city of business, economy and trade
If they didn't move the capital away from West Java, then it would continue to suffer population pressure. Plus Jakarta is still facing risk of drowning most of its northern part. Also that Jakarta's traffic already cost the government A LOT of money.

On the other hand Palangkaraya could be just that small town in the middle of no where, where the government do their dramas.

Also. moving the capital away from Jakarta has always been a dream of the country since colonial period.

(bron: 'Bandoeng, Stad in de Bergen', 1918)

Unfortunately Bandung is no longer that ideal.

Old 05-11-2019, 10:30 AM

732 posts, read 779,529 times
What foreigners are discovering about Manila and the Philippines in general.

Old 05-12-2019, 06:42 PM

400 posts, read 238,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangadi View Post
If they didn't move the capital away from West Java, then it would continue to suffer population pressure. Plus Jakarta is still facing risk of drowning most of its northern part. Also that Jakarta's traffic already cost the government A LOT of money.

On the other hand Palangkaraya could be just that small town in the middle of no where, where the government do their dramas.

Also. moving the capital away from Jakarta has always been a dream of the country since colonial period.

(bron: 'Bandoeng, Stad in de Bergen', 1918)

Unfortunately Bandung is no longer that ideal.
Indeed. Jakarta is too crowded to begin with. Moving to nearby city inside Java Island will not be a good choice in the long run.

The new capital city doesn't need to be the center of economy where tall buildings and skyscrapers stand next to each other. Just make it like Washington DC or Canberra, humble, neat, full of parks, with giant city square and full of National Monuments.

Old 05-12-2019, 11:20 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,394,325 times
Which city is safest? Which one is the cleanest? Best night life? Best food?

Old 05-13-2019, 12:25 AM

25 posts, read 14,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Which city is safest? Which one is the cleanest? Best night life? Best food?
Safety, almost certainly Jakarta.

Cleaner, probably Jakarta but neither one qualify as "clean". It is common to see piles of trash in poorer neighborhood. People in both city litter as they go.

Nightlife, I don't know. Manila have cheaper booze so there you go.

Food? Neither is the best in the region (like Thailand or Vietnam), but Indonesia usually take the spot, especially street food options. There is no shortage of fine dinings, food chains restaurant or foreign cuisine in either one. Taste would depend on your tongue.

Old 05-13-2019, 11:24 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,394,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangadi View Post
Safety, almost certainly Jakarta.

Cleaner, probably Jakarta but neither one qualify as "clean". It is common to see piles of trash in poorer neighborhood. People in both city litter as they go.

Nightlife, I don't know. Manila have cheaper booze so there you go.

Food? Neither is the best in the region (like Thailand or Vietnam), but Indonesia usually take the spot, especially street food options. There is no shortage of fine dinings, food chains restaurant or foreign cuisine in either one. Taste would depend on your tongue.
I have never tried Indonesian cuisine so I am curious about it. I like Filipino food. Filipino food is pork heavy, I imagine that isn't the case in Indonesia. Do they eat a lot of chicken? Currries?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia