Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2018, 12:13 AM

732 posts, read 772,461 times

Advertisements

Jabodetabek is the same as Mega Manila. Jakarta and Metro Manila & Metro Jakarta to Mega Manila, it still the same Jakarta~Manila comparison. Does that make sense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2018, 12:22 AM

13 posts, read 14,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
Jabodetabek is the same as Mega Manila. Jakarta and Metro Manila & Metro Jakarta to Mega Manila, it still the same Jakarta~Manila comparison. Does that make sense?
And u still out off topic
This thread compare Jakarta (south, north, east, west) vs metro manila
not mega jakarta vs mega manila

does that make sense?

Old 04-08-2018, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Bean View Post
And u still out off topic
This thread compare Jakarta (south, north, east, west) vs metro manila
not mega jakarta vs mega manila

does that make sense?
Regardless it is the metro or the magapolitan area, as long as they are attached to the names Manila and Jakarta, they are still relevant. The point is you are trying to make Manila appear low and ridicule it when those negatives are also being practiced in your country. You see? You are trying to harbor on the negatives because you can't cope up with the positives? Give me a hell of the good things now in Jakarta and impress me. I challenge you!

Old 04-09-2018, 12:54 AM

90 posts, read 109,244 times
Jakarta always wins when compared with manila
even manila has the worst infrastructure in the world
the biggest problem is many poor people and corruption in manila
Jakarta is best because something that happened in jakarta always quickly overcome by government

Old 04-09-2018, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
. Jakarta Expatriates ;
https://blog.sepulsa.id/wp-content/u...-jakarta-4.jpg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-f0UPHKyMk...%2Bjakarta.jpg
https://anakjajan.files.wordpress.co...2/dscf6694.jpg

No wonder many backpackers / tourist are seen in Manila,
Is it because the cheap life makes Manila is preferred?
Or Filipinos are favored because they are generally fluent in english
yesss a lot in jakarta i see ekpatriat like link you show. it is true not many travelers in jakarta but they are mostly business people they work in SCBD, embassy office and so on and all come from america and europe

Old 04-09-2018, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnycaritta View Post
Jakarta always wins when compared with manila
even manila has the worst infrastructure in the world
the biggest problem is many poor people and corruption in manila
Jakarta is best because something that happened in jakarta always quickly overcome by government
Show all the comparison that Jakarta always wins against Manila. Waiting here. (All talk, no actual result being shown by you guys)

Old 04-09-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan-B View Post
LOL,... my mr-bean account got banned

Dude seriously? no actual result being shown? u try to avoid all data we give it to u.
GaWC - The World According to GaWC 2012

just face the reality!!! you are pointless
That's only 1. Provide more if u don't mind.

I think it's because of your language that you are getting banned. Please have some decency at least. Even if this is Jakarta vs Manila. This doesn't mean this is a war that you have to use profanity in your posts. I'll be right here waiting for more of your data(in a diplomatic way).

Old 04-09-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Lol, my language? They said iam spammer
how many data u need to believe?

your city is not on the list Global Power City Index (GPCI) - Institute for Urban Strategies

https://www.atkearney.com/documents/...6-526e380d6cc4

OK good night
Of course it wont be there because it was not included on the target cities of their research. But notice how Jakarta is almost always at the bottom percentile among the 44 cities included.
http://mori-m-foundation.or.jp/pdf/GPCI2017_en.pdf

Being a global or alpha city actually doesn't truly reflect the actual economic condition of the cities but more of the socio-economic importance in the world as a whole. You see even a first world city like Nagoya and San Francisco would be behind Jakarta or Manila in those rankings. Try providing other socio-economic indicators that would reflect both cities real condition.

Like for example traffic, economy, ect. I'll search mine later. Thanks!

Old 04-09-2018, 07:08 PM

Quote:
lol almost always at the bottom, so where is your city then?

https://tphallett.com/2012/04/19/new...r-than-london/
this more interesting, 2008-2012 u have better rank than Jakarta
But now we already overtake u, next vietnam/ hanoi will overtake u
Its okay to be overtaken as long as it's an established fact and validated claim not just a self-established one. Wait for mine data to present. In the meantime, you can provide all the figures and indicators you wish you deem significant to validate your claim.

Old 04-10-2018, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
Show all the comparison that Jakarta always wins against Manila. Waiting here. (All talk, no actual result being shown by you guys)
Easy, WE compare the infrastructure of Manila MRT Station and Jakarta Airport Train Station , you can see how the difference between the two and which is better. even Manila MRT buys card still wearing a counter while Jakarta is already using VENDING MACHINE , let alone 2019 Jakarta already has Subway MRT .. how Jakarta looks fast moving to have modern Public/Luxury Transport from Manila,although manila already have it

Manila MRT Station

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j4sEDTZPdI

Jakarta Train Station

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajuU-Mw5fr0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia