Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2018, 12:38 PM

732 posts, read 779,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnycaritta View Post
Try this.

Traffic, crime, passport: Which Southeast Asian country has it worst?

http://jakartaglobe.id/news/tale-two...-worst-cities/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2018, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Btw here's the actual FB poll on this lol. Just lol from an fb poll?!? Judge for yourself.
https://southeastasiabackpacker.com/...uth-east-asia/

Old 04-16-2018, 11:38 PM

90 posts, read 111,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
Btw here's the actual FB poll on this lol. Just lol from an fb poll?!? Judge for yourself.
https://southeastasiabackpacker.com/...uth-east-asia/
the reality manila is still under jakarta, how do you keep looking for gap so that manila above on jakarta?

this white guy talk about manila, i never found the incident in jakarta as in this this video....heartbreaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms_RdsVjYeY

Old 04-17-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
the reality manila is still under jakarta, how do you keep looking for gap so that manila above on jakarta?

this white guy talk about manila, i never found the incident in jakarta as in this this video....heartbreaking

I find it amusing that you provided a video to Manilas advantage, something that the foreign Youtuber provided insights of that part of Manila and at the same time promoting it at the end. You might have just seen the title that comes on the video and some random homeless people he spoke with and did not realize that after all some of the not-so-good things of the "old" Manila, he said that "he would never imagine living anywhere else in the Phils but in Manila as that is "where the action is..." Well he literally meant Metro Manila as it was mentioned that they were living in Quezon City.

The trashes and the places shown on the video are quite actually bearable and decent in my book.

Quote:
I really don't take joy in posting the miserable state of those living in Jakarta but I am just one triggered af so pardon me for posting these.

Now take a look at how miserable Jakarta is too and you still keep on denying that you "never found those incidents there..." in which can be even worse at times than Manila. It has also a very large part of slum areas(in fact you even have tours going to those areas) plus being tagged as a sinking city is a "double kill".

The thing is if you keep on focusing on the negatives, the truth is that Jakarta is really no different and can even be worse. I have this gut feeling that Manila is rather more similar or closer to Bangkok than Jakarta. Or the least probably in between Bangkok and Jakarta (with Bangkok being a bit at the upper spectrum)

Last edited by neMarL; 04-17-2018 at 12:41 PM..

Old 04-17-2018, 11:59 PM

90 posts, read 111,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
I find it amusing that you provided a video to Manilas advantage, something that the foreign Youtuber provided insights of that part of Manila and at the same time promoting it at the end. You might have just seen the title that comes on the video and some random homeless people he spoke with and did not realize that after all some of the not-so-good things of the "old" Manila, he said that "he would never imagine living anywhere else in the Phils but in Manila as that is "where the action is..." Well he literally meant Metro Manila as it was mentioned that they were living in Quezon City.

The trashes and the places shown on the video are quite actually bearable and decent in my book.

I really don't take joy in posting the miserable state of those living in Jakarta but I am just one triggered af so pardon me for posting these.

Now take a look at how miserable Jakarta is too and you still keep on denying that you "never found those incidents there..." in which can be even worse at times than Manila. It has also a very large part of slum areas(in fact you even have tours going to those areas) plus being tagged as a sinking city is a "double kill".

The thing is if you keep on focusing on the negatives, the truth is that Jakarta is really no different and can even be worse. I have this gut feeling that Manila is rather more similar or closer to Bangkok than Jakarta. Or the least probably in between Bangkok and Jakarta (with Bangkok being a bit at the upper spectrum)
Yeee you totally wrong ,Jakarta and Bangkok are more equal to comparison than Jakarta to Manila
I always travel to Bangkok I feel really bangkok resembling jakarta but I think Jakarta has a better building architecture compared to bangkok , although Bangkok still looks clean from Jakarta

Manila is always left behind compared to neighbors how poverty in manila is still very high, you can search when visitors or foreigners come to jakarta they often praise and happy to live in jakarta and manila more negative impression than positive
one example is a lot of beggars, bad traffic, lots of slums, dirty, corruption and much more. and in jakarta whether as in manila poor people given money per month from the government, free treatment, live in the apartment and equipped with amenities .. never exist in manila

Old 04-18-2018, 04:08 AM

If you saw the youtube videos I posted, youll see the same sights as the pictures you posted above in your beloved Jakarta.
Quote:
Yeee you totally wrong ,Jakarta and Bangkok are more equal to comparison than Jakarta to Manila
I always travel to Bangkok I feel really bangkok resembling jakarta but I think Jakarta has a better building architecture compared to bangkok , although Bangkok still looks clean from Jakarta

Manila is always left behind compared to neighbors how poverty in manila is still very high, you can search when visitors or foreigners come to jakarta they often praise and happy to live in jakarta and manila more negative impression than positive
one example is a lot of beggars, bad traffic, lots of slums, dirty, corruption and much more. and in jakarta whether as in manila poor people given money per month from the government, free treatment, live in the apartment and equipped with amenities .. never exist in manila
Lol I like your unsubstantiated confidence even when you have not been to Manila yet I believe. Okay let me correct my gut feeling. I actually think Metro Manila is better than both Bangkok and Jakarta. How about that?

The only major issue I hear foreigners whine abt Metro Manila is the taxi scam. Other than that your other claims merely depends on which area and I bet Jakarta are even worse than that. Mwah!

Last edited by neMarL; 04-18-2018 at 05:02 AM..

Old 04-18-2018, 04:17 AM

1 posts, read 773 times
hahaha... the funniest things from the prideland,,

Old 04-18-2018, 04:25 AM

Haha funny thing is that the same person with different usernames keeps coming. Spammer! Trolls! Bittermelons! Prepare!

Old 04-20-2018, 02:51 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Jakarta is still in the midst of building its rapid transit system, but it does already have a pretty extensive commuter rail system:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia