Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2019, 01:42 AM

24 posts, read 7,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
I'm talking about BGC because it's a CBD like SCBD is. I was replying to the SCBD post.

And anyways, a few posts ago, I posted about Intramuros/Binondo area- those are not CBDs. They're historic areas. But you guys came back and posted about SCBD
So what u have intramuros? We have old town
Comeback here if ur country have budget to build HSR or atleast airport train!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2019, 05:37 AM

1,117 posts, read 841,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagpag.food View Post
So what u have intramuros? We have old town
Comeback here if ur country have budget to build HSR or atleast airport train!
I was explaining about the new mayor and DOT putting a lot of effort into Intramuros and Chinatown. Then someone comes back and posts about a CBD. Then you come back and complain that Filipinos only focus on CBDs.

Old 12-10-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
I was explaining about the new mayor and DOT putting a lot of effort into Intramuros and Chinatown. Then someone comes back and posts about a CBD. Then you come back and complain that Filipinos only focus on CBDs.
So what? you complain our SCBD highway?

Old 12-10-2019, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagpag.food View Post
So what? you complain our SCBD highway?
Because the video shows that SCBD is basically a highway, and a mall surrounded by skyscrapers. It’s nothing compared to BGC. First of all, it’s only 45 hectares. That would be a medium-sized CBD in Manila. BGC, by comparison, is 240 hectares. You can fit 5 SCBDs inside BGC.

And as you can see in the video I posted, even tho BGC is 5 times bigger, you can easily walk all over it without having to cross a big highway.

Old 12-10-2019, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Because the video shows that SCBD is basically a highway, and a mall surrounded by skyscrapers. It’s nothing compared to BGC. First of all, it’s only 45 hectares. That would be a medium-sized CBD in Manila. BGC, by comparison, is 240 hectares. You can fit 5 SCBDs inside BGC.

And as you can see in the video I posted, even tho BGC is 5 times bigger, you can easily walk all over it without having to cross a big highway.
So what if i post that SCBD moron!
U not allow us to post SCBD here???

Old 12-10-2019, 04:05 PM

This big mouth Pinoy so happy their old bridge get revitalitation

This revitalitation the largest mosque in SEA

Old 12-10-2019, 06:06 PM

400 posts, read 238,277 times
Quote:

Jakarta growth goes beyond CBDs. It's a sprawling city, unlike MetroManila which is highly centralized to certain areas. You can boast about your CBDs, but you can't just neglect the major part of MetroManila's ugly areas outside them. For the ones who has visited the city will know.

Traffic is killing in MetroManila, but roads inside those CBDs are mostly less crowded. Why? Coz it's designed that way. So people with money can access the best atmosphere the city can offer, but the poor are left salivating all the time in dirt and smoke.

Jakarta with all it's downsides is more humane. You need only 20 cents (US Dollar) with TransJakarta BRT to get all over the city with ease, air conned, and comfortable. Attractions are distributed all over city areas, so you don't need to go those CBDs to enjoy modern shopping malls, theme parks, etc.

Old 12-10-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
Jakarta growth goes beyond CBDs. It's a sprawling city, unlike MetroManila which is highly centralized to certain areas. You can boast about your CBDs, but you can't just neglect the major part of MetroManila's ugly areas outside them. For the ones who has visited the city will know.

Traffic is killing in MetroManila, but roads inside those CBDs are mostly less crowded. Why? Coz it's designed that way. So people with money can access the best atmosphere the city can offer, but the poor are left salivating all the time in dirt and smoke.

Jakarta with all it's downsides is more humane. You need only 20 cents (US Dollar) with TransJakarta BRT to get all over the city with ease, air conned, and comfortable. Attractions are distributed all over city areas, so you don't need to go those CBDs to enjoy modern shopping malls, theme parks, etc.
All cities have downtowns. Thats what CBDs are. Jakarta has plenty of bad areas outside the CBDs

And besides, I was posting about the old parts of Manila, outside the CBDs. It was your friend who then replied with a video about SCBD and how amazing it is. Compared to BGC, it’s nothing. It’s just a mall next to a highway. And it’s a tiny area. The pedestrian bridges and MRT are nice tho

Old 12-10-2019, 08:16 PM

A large area being built from the ground up. It's not part of Makati, BGC, Ortigas, or any other CBD. It's its own area along Manila Bay. There aren't any skyscrapers because its close to the airport, but I like that it gives it a different feel from the other areas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAQ7gaVdQjo

The whole area is around 600 hectares. Just to get an idea of size, SCBD is only 45 hectares. So don't complain about me only looking at tiny areas when SCBD is brought up on this page a lot, and it's a super tiny area.

Old 12-11-2019, 05:58 AM

657 posts, read 244,790 times
Boi are u watching cringy low budget closing sea games?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia