Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2018, 10:43 PM

90 posts, read 111,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
Existing Lines + Lines Underconstruction

+MRT7
+Northrail
train LRT manila and jakarta usually same uses hyndai made in Korean the difference between the two, usually the Philippines buys cheap trains LRT , while Jakarta buy train LRT more expensive . About manila MRT, I saw American man video using the manila MRT he covered his nose whether because LRT manila is smelled or indeed the passengers were sweating because were crowded in LRT. I think manila has well developed under the leadership duerte but sorry mania is still below jakarta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2018, 10:59 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,949,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
When I go again to SouthEast Asia should I go to Jakarta or Manila? I like big cities for all their attractions but both of these cities get something of a bad rap. Only want to go to one or the other and maybe explore other sites nearby.

If you really want an answer to the question, you have to tell us more about yourself.
Do you prefer Indonesian or Philippine women?

I ask about women because you seem ambivalent about the city, yet particular about the experience.

Old 11-17-2018, 05:45 AM

546 posts, read 569,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnycaritta View Post
train LRT manila and jakarta usually same uses hyndai made in Korean the difference between the two, usually the Philippines buys cheap trains LRT , while Jakarta buy train LRT more expensive . About manila MRT, I saw American man video using the manila MRT he covered his nose whether because LRT manila is smelled or indeed the passengers were sweating because were crowded in LRT. I think manila has well developed under the leadership duerte but sorry mania is still below jakarta

Well, the LRT and MRT of Manila were the first in Southeast Asia. When Jakarta still only had roads, Manila already had an MRT, so of course Manila would have dated infrastructure they're old.

Old 11-18-2018, 06:46 PM

1,002 posts, read 905,851 times
Quote:
maybe the guy is not used to using the train in his country. especially full train of people who are jostling. usually the LRT is equipped with AC, it impossible the smell of sweat , rarely se asian people have smell sweat , because the food factors of Southeast Asians are usually low in spices, except Korea for example they have high food from spices like bulbogi,kimchi etc.

Old 11-19-2018, 01:51 AM

732 posts, read 779,529 times
Quote:
I've rode LRT1, MRT3 and LRT2 several times, a hundred or so and I've never smelled anything unusual on these trains. There was certain occasion when it was filled in full and some construction workers were on it and that was the only time it smelled bad. The smell were from the individuals not from the train itself.

These trains are for the masses in Manila as they are quite affordable and faster unlike probably the one in Jakarta that only the richer people ride it. Is that the case?

Old 11-19-2018, 10:12 PM

1,117 posts, read 841,186 times
LRT2 is the best line in Manila and it reminds me of trains in developed countries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD3EPABT3NA
It's the widest train, which is why it's usually not crowded

The LRT1 line is ok, but the cars are too thin and the trains look older.

MRT cars are also too thin and can get very crowded. This line goes through 2 of the major business districts (Makati and Ortigas) so it's so packed during rush hours. They're not so bad during non-rush hours and on weekends. This train has the most malfunctions, but luckily I've never been on it when it stopped on the tracks.

PNR is another train line in Manila, but it's heavy rail. I've never been on it, but apparently it's the oldest/cheapest one.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejojo View Post
by the data amount of tourist come to both country. INDO 12Million
now it's even more

Old 11-30-2018, 07:48 PM

90 posts, read 111,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post

In regards to where backpackers go to Philippines. They don't go to Cebu - Cebu is more for white guy meets filipina, gest married, has kids, and wants the amenities of a city without the immense problems of Manila. They go to Cebu. It's also a popular place for OIL expats or U.S. Army guys or retired older white men as a place 'to date'.

Backpackers seem to like the Rice Terraces in Northern Luzon....Siargao is more for surfing. Boracay is for almost everyone. There really isn't a good backpacker area, that I can think of, in the traditional Thailand/Ko Sahn Road sense.
only poor americans will marry with filipinos , the rich of course don't want married with them of course americans married filipinos women they are ready to be poor and americans are disgusted with pagpag chickens

Old 11-30-2018, 07:52 PM

1,117 posts, read 841,186 times
Quote:
only poor americans will marry with filipinos , the rich of course don't want married with them of course americans married filipinos women they are ready to be poor and americans are disgusted with pagpag chickens

You have it mixed up. It's poor Filipinas who marry Americans (because they want to go to America and have a better life). Rich Filipinas dont really care about American men.

Poor Americans cant even afford the ticket to get to the Philippines.

Old 12-04-2018, 12:28 AM

Quote:
LRT Jakarta train are indeed different from LRT Manila, although both are made by Hyundai Rotem, South Korea, Jokowi did not care about the cost of the LRT JKT train which was important the comfort and facilities for passengers. under his leadership he focused more on mass transportation. Moreover Jakarta transportation is left behind from neighboring countries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqUyxQge_1w
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia