Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2019, 08:47 PM

1,117 posts, read 841,683 times

Advertisements

^ again, we never called it a subway. You did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2019, 09:14 PM

1,002 posts, read 906,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
I meant the walkable "city experience" seems to be confined to inside malls. I'm not saying there's nothing else to do in Jakarta. I like that there's islands/beach within Jakarta's city limits, a theme park, aquarium, concert venues, and fancy malls. All of those looks really nice. Manila has those too (except islands & beach), and it also has areas where you and get out of your car, walk around and experience the city. Aside from Glodok & Kota Tua (which would be equivalent to our Intramuros & Chinatown) there doesnt seem to be areas like that in Jakarta.
yeah we see later after the operation of the Jakarta MRT there will be many walkable , now Jakarta is build many pedestrian in many areas place in Jakarta.
BTW.. Jakarta has Japanese matsuri culture in Blok M (South Jakarta) and China/Tionghoa at Glodok (West Jakarta) and other Jakarta areas. we think East Asian culture is more prominent in Jakarta compared to Manila

Japanese matsuri culture in South Jakarta "Blok M"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj_mqJn-9Pw

Tionghoa/China Cap Go Meh Festival in West Jakarta " Blok M "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5LVwS8e4Ic

Old 03-24-2019, 09:37 PM

400 posts, read 238,392 times
Quote:
At least you tried though ....

Quote:
Then Manila has had subways for 20 years now. MRT-3 line has several underground stations. So does LRT-2 line. Also, the MRT-7 line which is opening next year will have several underground stations too
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
Okay lets call the LRT underground parts subway too since he insists on that. No problem. Both Manila and Jakarta already has subways. Fine!

Maybe what he means is the fastfood chain Subway!. Oh yeah go on Landove. Get it on!
Anyway,

The underground section will be added as far as 8km to the north from Bundaran HI - Kp Bandan in phase II. Bringing total underground track of more than 14 km from Bundaran Senayan - Bundaran HI (existing) - Kp. Bandan (underconstruction).

Old 03-24-2019, 09:57 PM

LRT Jabodebek update ...

3 lines with 44.5 km in total (elevated) U/C : 60 % as of Feb '19
  • Cawang-Cibubur
  • Cawang-Dukuh Atas
  • Cawang-Bekasi Timur
Cawang - Harjamukti

Cawang - Bekasi Jatimulya

St. Jaticempaka

St. Cikunir 1

St. Cikunir 2

St. Bekasi Timur

Old 03-24-2019, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
yeah we see later after the operation of the Jakarta MRT there will be many walkable , now Jakarta is build many pedestrian in many areas place in Jakarta.
BTW.. Jakarta has Japanese matsuri culture in Blok M (South Jakarta) and China/Tionghoa at Glodok (West Jakarta) and other Jakarta areas. we think East Asian culture is more prominent in Jakarta compared to Manila
I'd be happier if its local Jakarta culture that grows bigger. I wanna see Jakarta to be like Bangkok or Bali, you know exactly where you are right after you step on its airport. Dunno what happens to Betawi culture, instead of growing, it's dying now.

Old 03-24-2019, 11:43 PM

Quote:

Indonesia's first subway opens in traffic-choked Jakarta

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/...085142078.html

Old 03-25-2019, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
I'd be happier if its local Jakarta culture that grows bigger. I wanna see Jakarta to be like Bangkok or Bali, you know exactly where you are right after you step on its airport. Dunno what happens to Betawi culture, instead of growing, it's dying now.
yeah same like me and I am also proud with local culture , this only is little touch of foreign culture in Jakarta , hopefully the local / Betawi or other ethnic culture will can develop in jakarta

Old 03-25-2019, 12:54 AM

732 posts, read 779,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
"Your so called"? Those news portals, not only local but also international ones, are entitled to their own opinions, honey. It's not me who asked them to write what they published. Be logical lah ...

Anyway, have you tried any existing subway in any city in the world. "Subway" is just underground MRT, but doesn't mean just having few hundreds meter long track few feet deep below the surface just so the train can enter the underground station, then you go gaga to call it "subway".

MRT Jakarta underground section has more than 20 meters below the ground tracks and stations in average. And it's fully underground for about 6 km track in between 6 stations, never go up above the surface unlike your "subway" wannabe.

Your future "real" subway will look just like MRT Jakarta underground section honey. Mark my words!!!!
The difference is that they are gonna be literally underground with ALL its stations, honey. That's exactly the right manifestation of a "REAL" Subway definition. None would be elevated except that the portal going down would be open from street level. Your subway is non-existent honey, just keep on shamelessly calling that "subway" so that you would be a target of constant shaming. Just a piece of advise you to stop calling that subway as you would be a subject of ridicule my friend.

From the looks of it, it seems that it would be a better version of your MRT, hopefully crossing fingers.

Source

Goodluck!

Old 03-25-2019, 01:23 AM

Quote:

From the looks of it, it seems that it would be a better version of your MRT, hopefully crossing fingers.

Source

Goodluck!

usually the design picture of a great is ultimately less attractive after it's done , especially the habits of society Manila. in my opinion the construction of a subway in Manila will take a long time. yeah btw congrats to Manila

----- > Some Subway/Undeground MRT Jakarta stations

Senayan Station ( Subway )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRyDKR0ygo0

Benhil Station ( Subway & Elevated )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2ChgkGspG0

LRT Jakarta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iPnTr2z0j8

Old 03-25-2019, 04:03 AM

Quote:
The difference is that they are gonna be literally underground with ALL its stations, honey. That's exactly the right manifestation of a "REAL" Subway definition. None would be elevated except that the portal going down would be open from street level. Your subway is non-existent honey, just keep on shamelessly calling that "subway" so that you would be a target of constant shaming. Just a piece of advise you to stop calling that subway as you would be a subject of ridicule my friend.

Say that to Al Jazeera, Channel NewsAsia, and other International news agencies that called MRT Jakarta as "subway".

Nah, it shows exactly that you are lack of information and experience. Have you tried New York subway? Is it fully underground? NO NO NO .... Feel free to search .... Thank me later for the free information again and again

Newer will likely own better technology, as simple as that. And that's fine for me. Just like Manila's MRT and LRT, they are hella too old and outdated. Even old Jakarta Commuter Line, a secondhand rolling stocks from Tokyo Metro, look way fancier. Good Luck with your subway project.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia