Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 11:04 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,579,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I think very few people outside of Indonesia, would readily even equate with city of Denpasar with Bali.

I've kind of visited parts of it, not intentionally, but it seemed fine. When I've google mapped it, it also seems fine. That being said, few would even mention Denpasar by name. Few would give it much of a thought - and come to think of it, I don't hear anything either positive or negative. Just a complete absence of the word altogether when people think of Bali.

Why do you think that is?
Because much of what make Bali nice is missing from Denpasar however it includes almost all of the negative things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 02:31 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,862,145 times
Denpasar is just the airport you land at to go somewhere else.

Old 03-26-2018, 07:37 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,195,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TropicalAussie View Post
Denpasar is just the airport you land at to go somewhere else.
Denpasar is also a city, the biggest one in Bali.

Old 04-05-2018, 01:52 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,862,145 times
Quote:
Denpasar is also a city, the biggest one in Bali.
Yes- one that takes awhile to get out of on the way to Ubud or Candidasa

Old 04-05-2018, 05:06 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,496,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TropicalAussie View Post
Yes- one that takes awhile to get out of on the way to Ubud or Candidasa
Not far from the truth. Not that many people really care much about Dempasar. There are far more interesting places on the island.

Old 04-05-2018, 05:42 AM

1,906 posts, read 2,038,396 times
I dunno. I always think of Denpasar when I think of Bali.

Most people don't stay in Denpasar because they aren't in Bali to see an urban city. They are there to see rice field, monkey, beach, seminyak, or do some kind of spiritual hippie backpack tour.

I am partly guilty of that. I am there to relax, in some villa, with a pool and a nice view....preferably sans monkeys.

Old 04-05-2018, 06:32 AM

1,080 posts, read 837,235 times
Seldom talked about?!? It's the largest/main airport. For that matter, I'm pretty sure it's actually the ONLY international airport in Bali. It's the only one I've heard of anyone using, anyway-- it's talked about all the time. I wouldn't call it a "large city," though, especially not by Asian standards. It has fewer than a million people. Bali isn't really a place you go for an urban experience.

Old 04-05-2018, 08:53 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,195,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarkPhotoBooth View Post
Seldom talked about?!? It's the largest/main airport. For that matter, I'm pretty sure it's actually the ONLY international airport in Bali. It's the only one I've heard of anyone using, anyway-- it's talked about all the time. I wouldn't call it a "large city," though, especially not by Asian standards. It has fewer than a million people. Bali isn't really a place you go for an urban experience.
Usually, when I hear people talk about Bali, I hear KUTA or SEMINYAK. But almost always KUTA KUTA KUTA.

Old 04-05-2018, 11:42 AM

1,080 posts, read 837,235 times
Quote:
Usually, when I hear people talk about Bali, I hear KUTA or SEMINYAK. But almost always KUTA KUTA KUTA.
You've apparently never looked into actually traveling to Bali. When you do so, the first thing you see is that you need to book a flight into Denpasar. You hear about Kuta and Seminyak because they happen to be the closest touristy beach areas to Denpasar's airport-- only about 5-10km away-- but there is so much more to Bali than that if you're willing to travel a little further.

Google Maps is your friend.

Old 04-05-2018, 12:20 PM

1,906 posts, read 2,038,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarkPhotoBooth View Post
You've apparently never looked into actually traveling to Bali. When you do so, the first thing you see is that you need to book a flight into Denpasar. You hear about Kuta and Seminyak because they happen to be the closest touristy beach areas to Denpasar's airport-- only about 5-10km away-- but there is so much more to Bali than that if you're willing to travel a little further.

Google Maps is your friend.
I am pretty sure Tiger has been to Bali multiple times, more than I have. He does post frequently on it. I think you missed the intent of the post. Why most people don't talk about visiting Denpasar vs other areas of Bali.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia