Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 12:08 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,472,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
People can listen to whatever music in their own homes and nearly all Iranians can access western sites.

Why aren’t there protests in American friendly dictatorships like SA or Egypt? Answer: America can’t afford their imperialistic land control be tampered so instead they stoke war in Syria in Iran so that our influence can spread.
In Egypt, democracy was hijacked by the muslim brotherhood. It was like red october all over again. Egyptians were smart enough to know that situation would have gone from bad to worse.

SA will definitely take time if this new prince is actually serious about reform or just another dictator. He needs to educate equal rights to women, and ban polygamy. He also has to execute all the mullahs. Then, the saud family has to go the way of UK if they want to survive.

Never trust a jihadi.

Old 01-05-2018, 01:24 PM

12,383 posts, read 8,139,479 times
Quote:

Why aren’t there protests in American friendly dictatorships like SA or Egypt? Answer: America can’t afford their imperialistic land control be tampered so instead they stoke war in Syria in Iran so that our influence can spread.
Can't remember back to 2011? If not the subject perhaps the side effect of the crowd molesting 60 Minutes reporter Lara Logan.

Old 01-05-2018, 02:49 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,492,366 times
Quote:
People can listen to whatever music in their own homes and nearly all Iranians can access western sites.

Being able to listen to whatever music you want in the comfort of your home doesn't mean much if it needs to be in secret. And yes, there are a number of music genres like rap and metal that are nearly entirety banned.

There have been violent protests in Egypt for a while. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Saudi Arabia represents a sour spout in Western policy in the ME and I fully support putting more pressure on them, but that doesn't exempt Iran or any other country for that matter from violating these basic rights including the US.

I'm actually in favor of punishing violent protestors who engage in looting/rioting. The problem is that those people always get in the way of peaceful protestors.

Old 01-07-2018, 12:49 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,147,530 times
This thread has too many off topic posts, and is too political regardless. If you want to strictly discuss the Iranian protests, without making it a political or controversial thread that focuses on the US or other non-Asian nations, you may make a new thread. Political threads, especially those that involve areas other than Asia, are not appropriate for this forum. If you want to discuss the political aspects, especially if places outside of Asia are part of the discussion, please post in Politics and Other Controversies.

THREAD CLOSED
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia