Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 01:15 AM

29,749 posts, read 18,615,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I've been to most of these places, and they are astonishing, the people, the trade, the goods you can by from the bazaar, the ancient history, the food, the mountains, it's insane.

North of Tehran you'll get some of the best ski resorts in the world while in the south you'll get the ancient ruins of Persepolis and in the north west you'll see stunning cities like Tabriz.

Go and visit now, it will be your best vacation in a life time, take your love ones, traveling is easy. Sure I have an Iranian passport but getting a visa there is a fly.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/i...ces/index.html

I mean do you see this stuff: https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/30-beautif...tehran-1579154
Their government leaders have to stop the Demonic chant "Death to America" for anyone to believe they are anything but Demonic possessed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 12:06 PM

1,183 posts, read 697,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Their government leaders have to stop the Demonic chant "Death to America" for anyone to believe they are anything but Demonic possessed.
Actually this is where I start to lose respect for a chunk of the population - you see these people in the streets (and when I say "people" in fact they are virtually all men) shouting the same. Its not just "official policy." Its quite interesting that such childish behavior exists among such a large group of adult men. Its clownish behavior that people would roll their eyes to in most developed countries. "Death to {insert country here}." Just juvenile.

Nevertheless, this is only a minority group there.

Old 11-06-2018, 02:59 PM

14,984 posts, read 23,754,305 times
Winterfall I understand your love of your home-country but it's is hard to justify a trip to Iran when the welcome sign reads this:

Maybe we can travel in time to attend the Annual "Death to America" festival. Fun time will be had by all.
https://www.breitbart.com/national-s...s-take-effect/

Old 11-06-2018, 04:35 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,358,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Winterfall I understand your love of your home-country but it's is hard to justify a trip to Iran when the welcome sign reads this:

Maybe we can travel in time to attend the Annual "Death to America" festival. Fun time will be had by all.
Go to Iran, it's not like that in person.

Mccain said bomb bomb bomb Iran and people still came here.

Old 11-06-2018, 08:50 PM

7,646 posts, read 6,411,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Go to Iran, it's not like that in person.

Mccain said bomb bomb bomb Iran and people still came here.

I'm not going to iran until there are major cultural and social changes.

No mandatory dress code for women.

A Zoroastrian fire temple in the heart of Qom where the clerics meet.

The ayatollah crucified on the tree of woe.

THe revolutionary guard and morality police liquidated.

the persian alphabet romanized and back to using Pahlavi.

its going to take work.

Need to expel the foreign bedoiun ideology and culture.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:09 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,358,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
I'm not going to iran until there are major cultural and social changes.

No mandatory dress code for women.

A Zoroastrian fire temple in the heart of Qom where the clerics meet.

The ayatollah crucified on the tree of woe.

THe revolutionary guard and morality police liquidated.

the persian alphabet romanized and back to using Pahlavi.

its going to take work.

Need to expel the foreign bedoiun ideology and culture.
It's beautiful, you'll love it.

This political stuff isn't as present in real world interactions.

Old 11-09-2018, 07:18 AM

11,583 posts, read 6,664,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I don’t like that Iran violates human rights! All races, women’s rights, lgbt rights, all religions, and even those having no religion, should all be protected. Until Iran does this, I will never visit that country.
+1

Old 11-09-2018, 07:26 AM

405 posts, read 254,301 times
I just read an article about a man who had traveled to 122 countries on cargo ships. His top 3 countries in the world are Greenland, Cuba and Iran.

Face it, with the lack of knowledge and news from Iran, almost everything we hear about Iran, comes via the CIA, and they have been notorious for vilifying other countries to get the American public on board, in case America chooses to kill the citizens of those countries at some point. Many people endlessly discuss foreign countries although they have no first hand knowledge and everything is just regurgitating what they have been fed.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/c...ntainer-ships/

Old 11-09-2018, 10:44 AM

19,283 posts, read 9,383,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post

[reference: viewing the picture with signs saying, "Death to Americans", ...]
Such a welcoming committee, eh?

Last edited by cat1116; 11-09-2018 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: Referencing picture

Old 11-09-2018, 10:47 AM

102,052 posts, read 106,836,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chint View Post
Yes, Iran actually is a fairly safe country for Americans to travel to. To qualify that though - its certainly more comfortable for American males than single females (as you know) and can be actually unsafe for Americans with previous Iranian nationality or of Iranian origin if they speak their mind and its not what the authorities permit them to think. Also not safe for Persian Jews who formerly lived in Iran until 1979 and were then ethnically cleansed by the first round of the current regime.
Thanks. This is important info for members of the groups you mention to have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia