Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 01:44 AM

22 posts, read 14,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
It is? Is it like Kazakhstan with many mixed-race people?
Probably ancient Iranic people and Turkish Altaic groups. The area was for a long time part of the Persian sphere, which also was conquered by many nomadic people from central asia and siberia. I've never been to Kazakhstan so I wouldn't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2019, 01:06 PM

1 posts, read 890 times
One of my friends visited Iran last year and he had the same opinion. He said Iran is a kind of mixture of traditional society and modern culture which make it an interesting place to visit. he visited many places in Tehran which is the capital of Iran and he suggested visiting traditional places that have an old architecture.
According to this article* Some of the best places to visit in Tehran are:
-GOLESTAN PALACE
-SAADABAD PALACE
-THE GRAND BAZAAR
-MILAD TOWER
-AZADI TOWER
-TOCHAL COMPLEX
-NATIONAL JEWELRY MUSEUM
-NATIONAL MUSEUM
-JAMSHIDIYEH PARK
-DANESHJOO PARK
-NIYAVARAN PALACE
-TABIAT BRIDGE
-SHAH ABDOL AZIM SHRINE (SHABDOLAZIM)
-CARPET MUSEUM
-DARBAND
-DARAKEH
-TOGHROL TOWER
-IMAMZADEH SALEH

As I remember he highly recommended seeing SAADABAD PALACE because it was the palace of the Iranian shah before the 1979 revolution and it gives a good perspective on how the Pahlavi family ruled in Iran.

*Article:https://ariamedtour.com/blogs/tehran...t-attractions/

Last edited by aminnima; 05-19-2019 at 01:34 PM..

Old 05-19-2019, 09:20 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,471,209 times
need to make persia pagan again.

hot persian women should not be made to wear the foreign bedoiun hijab.

a persian nationalist wouldn't force a persian women to wear Rashidun Caliphate customs.

Old 09-22-2022, 09:49 AM

1,854 posts, read 793,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
need to make persia pagan again.

hot persian women should not be made to wear the foreign bedoiun hijab.

a persian nationalist wouldn't force a persian women to wear Rashidun Caliphate customs.

Old 09-22-2022, 01:31 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adit View Post
Probably ancient Iranic people and Turkish Altaic groups. The area was for a long time part of the Persian sphere, which also was conquered by many nomadic people from central asia and siberia. I've never been to Kazakhstan so I wouldn't know.
The Kazakhs generally are a combination of Indo-European peoples who migrated through there on their way from the northern Black Sea area deep into Asia (the Altai region, even as far as Mongolia), and Asiatic peoples.

Old 09-23-2022, 05:00 AM

no thread on the protests? Iran cut out the internet

Old 09-24-2022, 06:20 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,435,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhon View Post
no thread on the protests? Iran cut out the internet
It is very sad, but there's nothing foreigners can do about it.

Old 12-03-2022, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
It is very sad, but there's nothing foreigners can do about it.

Image dying because you didn't cover your hair

Old 12-04-2022, 08:21 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
What does Iran have that nobody else even has a relatively close substitute for?

I mean, for example there is the great barrier reef, the great wall of China etc. where there really isn't a substitute.

There are museums and landscapes all over the planet.

I ask out of curiosity, if you had a friend from somewhere in the world what is something they really need to see in Iran that's pretty unique to them.

P.S. If someone asks me this about the US I would say Yellowstone.

Old 12-08-2022, 10:30 AM

21 posts, read 17,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
What does Iran have that nobody else even has a relatively close substitute for?

I mean, for example there is the great barrier reef, the great wall of China etc. where there really isn't a substitute.

There are museums and landscapes all over the planet.

I ask out of curiosity, if you had a friend from somewhere in the world what is something they really need to see in Iran that's pretty unique to them.

P.S. If someone asks me this about the US I would say Yellowstone.
Surprised someone would ask this question about Iran, one of the cradles of human civilization.

There is the Persepolis, Cyrus the Great's Tomb, Prophet Daniel's Tomb, Queen Esther's Tomb, ancient cities like Shiraz and Isfahan. Ancient underground cities like Ektebana outside of Hamadan. Thrones to great polymaths like Ali Sina and Omar Khayyam. Then you have Northern Iran in the Caucasus with it's lush mountain valleys and streams, ancient cities built on top of hill tops (e.g. Masuleh) -- a completely unique terrain to the rest of the country, which is very dry.

The above is an abbreviated list but should at least paint a picture of what is unique about Iran. And I haven't even gone into the things about modern Iranian cities, which are similarly as vibrant and safe as European ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia