Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 03:53 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,757,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Article on CNN about this very topic.

https://edition-m.cnn.com/2019/02/15...ion.cnn.com%2F
I'm not impressed with CNN's awareness of world trade. I get more information from Farm Journal than from CNN. Termer's government has relaxed Brazilian opposition to Chinese investment in infrastructure, and China has been moving hard to secure its food supply. Brazil can raise huge amounts of food, and promises to raise even more as they clear the Amazon, but getting it to seaports has been a choke point.

https://www.leadersleague.com/en/new...infrastructure

I suspect that much of the negative publicity around the New Silk Road is misdirection. There's no reason to be concerned if you don't think it will ever happen.

Africa is not a reliable source of food production, but has vast mineral resources. Chinese investment in Africa is transportation and mining, but with the addition of huge showpiece investments that don't contribute to productivity. The best I can figure is that China is playing to tribal pride and governmental jingoism. They may also be using the public works projects to develop a skilled workforce in some areas.

https://www.businessinsider.co.za/he...y-china-2018-9

If you compare China's long term strategy to the USA, it's obvious that we don't have one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2019, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
The New Silk Road is so 2015.

One Belt, One Road, One Big Mistake

2018 WAS MEANT TO BE XI JINPING’S YEAR. THEN CHINA’S BELT AND ROAD UNRAVELLED

China’s Belt and Road Initiative is falling short

At this point the only thing China can do is pray that the impact of the impending crash could be contained. As in it would only be as bad as USSR in the 90s instead of China in the 60s.
It has been predicted for a decade that the next global financial crisis will start in China. If the government can maintain control without massive civil unrest (a big IF), a command economy may emerge in better shape than the rest of the world. Certainly federal mismanagement has driven the US debt picture into league with the Chinese. If both economies collapse at the same time, the rest of the world may not have the resources to survive.

Old 02-17-2019, 08:46 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,515,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
It has been predicted for a decade that the next global financial crisis will start in China. If the government can maintain control without massive civil unrest (a big IF), a command economy may emerge in better shape than the rest of the world. Certainly federal mismanagement has driven the US debt picture into league with the Chinese. If both economies collapse at the same time, the rest of the world may not have the resources to survive.

going to need gold, guns, ammo, and stockpile food and ammo

Old 02-18-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
going to need gold, guns, ammo, and stockpile food and ammo
Metals are part of any diversified portfolio, though if you plan on spending it, silver would be more practical.

I doubt very much that hoarding and hiding is a viable lifestyle.

Old 02-18-2019, 03:20 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,527,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
I'm not impressed with CNN's awareness of world trade. I get more information from Farm Journal than from CNN. Termer's government has relaxed Brazilian opposition to Chinese investment in infrastructure, and China has been moving hard to secure its food supply. Brazil can raise huge amounts of food, and promises to raise even more as they clear the Amazon, but getting it to seaports has been a choke point.
Bolsonaro is Brazil’s new president.

Old 03-15-2019, 11:18 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,891,017 times
I've always been fascinated with Asia,so I wanted to share this video about China which is very interesting since it's about China's silk road.

After watching this video,I was amazed with how China truly is expanding it's influence everywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvXROXiIpvQ

Old 03-16-2019, 01:25 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,515,683 times
if china can't take over the world, while trump is president, then they never will.

Besides why would people want china to take over the world. They are a dictatorship. You can't vote there. Xi does not a have a term limit like mugabe. They are ruining hong kong. They subjugate the Tibetans. They put uighers in concentration camps...even the assimilated sinocized ones. They support dictatorships in africa and trap african nations and asian nations in debt loans. They are trying to take over the south china sea. They sabotage electronic supply chains and put bugs in them. They are slowly trying to take over 5G communications.

I try not to buy anything made in china as much as possible. You're basically funding the people's liberation army and your oppressor.

Old 03-16-2019, 04:35 PM

13 posts, read 5,947 times
China can't even feed its own population and doesn't have any strong ally but somehow they are gonna dethrone America to be the leading superpower?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia