Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2019, 05:10 PM
FBF FBF started this thread

601 posts, read 932,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john620 View Post
Race is not something that goes away. It is a fundamental part of existence and of course people are going to like their own the best and have their favorites based on looks, interactions, crime rates, common interests and average intelligence That’s a good thing. I think the biggest racism is in the form of non white latinos and blacks committing a disproportionately high amount of violent crime and destroying any peaceful community they move to in large enough numbers. I don’t blame Asians from recognizing this and wanting to keep their distance.
And whites commit the most gun massaccres in the US compared to minorities....

Bigotty and racist stereotyping is why blacks and then partialy Hisoanics have a higher turn rate in prison....the judiciary system are more likey ti gi easy on lighter skin or white people compared to darker skin amd recent immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2019, 05:14 PM
FBF FBF started this thread

601 posts, read 932,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
Most FOB's or Chinese in China can't tell the difference between Hispanic and non-Hispanic whites by sight. However, because Mexican/Central/South American culture is percieved as placing less emphasis on education, that is a poison pill for Chinese.

If they think you are uneducated, they will avoid you and instruct their friends, neighbors, relatives, and children to shun you and your people. You are probably experiencing this attitude from mainlanders and HK people who have lived in America long enough to tell the difference and who have learned the stereotype that "Mexicans" don't care that much about schooling and education.

The stereotype that all Chinese are smart is ludicrous. Most Chinese immigrants who move to Western countries are because they tend to be the more motivated and well off immigrants who left China. It is more expensive for Chinese to move to the West.

While Latin American countries are much closer and not as expensive to move from their countries compared to most Asian countries. As a result: you have a mix bag: some imigrants are uneducated while others are educated. And higher education and readily availabke in most of them and it is encouraged despite the higher poverty rate.

Besides: China has huge poverty and is among the Asian countries with a somewhat high school dropout rate.

Last edited by FBF; 09-05-2019 at 05:37 PM..

Old 09-06-2019, 08:59 AM

3,109 posts, read 2,970,654 times
The rifts between the Chinese and Mexicans goes back to 19th century railroad construction. There is also a big difference in the mainlanders and the people from Hong Kong and Taiwan. I met a guy that toured with a Thai Mariachi band..in Mexico, and loved it. People can get thrown off guard by the languages others speak. I have heard that Korean Americans go teach in Korea, and the Koreans are absolutely shocked that they don't speak Korean. The Koreans would give their left arms for their kids to go to the same Unis as the teachers, though.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:40 AM

1,136 posts, read 525,283 times
Agree with you.

Most Chinese in China including HK don't know Mexican cultures.

In China, there is internal discrimination. Richer regions' Chinese discriminating poorer regions' Chinese.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
Most FOB's or Chinese in China can't tell the difference between Hispanic and non-Hispanic whites by sight.

Old 09-06-2019, 02:08 PM

3,153 posts, read 2,698,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBF View Post
The stereotype that all Chinese are smart is ludicrous. Most Chinese immigrants who move to Western countries are because they tend to be the more motivated and well off immigrants who left China. It is more expensive for Chinese to move to the West.

While Latin American countries are much closer and not as expensive to move from their countries compared to most Asian countries. As a result: you have a mix bag: some imigrants are uneducated while others are educated. And higher education and readily availabke in most of them and it is encouraged despite the higher poverty rate.

Besides: China has huge poverty and is among the Asian countries with a somewhat high school dropout rate.
Repeating this platitude might make you feel better, but it is simply not true. The average Chinese-educated child, in China, is much further along, studies harder, puts in more hours, and is simply becomes better at book-learning, through effort, than their North/South/Central American counterpart.

You can see this for yourself, since you live in an area with a large number of Chinese and Central American immigrants. Pick two families of similar socioeconomic background. I'm sure not all the Chinese around you are millionaires, and that not all the Central Americans are seasonal labor.

Ask each family about their children's study habits and how important doing well in school is.

Confuscianism--in one form or another--is at the heart of Chinese culture, and thus scholarly learning has an almost mythic stature. This is a cultural difference, not a genetic or socioeconomic difference. Clearly we're all humans with the same capacity for learning. So, you are correct that Chinese are not smarter than other people. They simply work harder and end up learning more.

The AVERAGE chinese student spends 12+ hours per day on schoolwork. From children of rural farm labor to the pampered brats of Communist Party wonks, they are in school for longer hours, loaded with more homework, and pushed by parents hyper-focused on educational achievement, compared to their western counterparts. Even the poorest Chinese family will expend ALL of their available resources sending their children to cram and prep schools in addition to the state-provided education.

I am not saying that this system is better. I believe that Chinese-style education is actually harmful than education systems which produce poorer test scores but more creative and critical-thinking graduates.

That said, I maintain that you are facing a bias based on a perception--true or not--that you are uneducated. If you have any Asian friends, you can ask them to verify my opinon. Ask them questions like "Do you think Mexicans value education as much as Asians?" Or "Rank the races in terms of focus on education."

I predict that your friends will rank Hispanic/Mexicans at the bottom, with Whites second and Asians first. They'll also likely confirm that their family values education above everything else.

Old 09-07-2019, 01:14 PM

134 posts, read 91,193 times
It is funny because in Tijuana, Mexico largest strip club called the "Hong Kong" and a lot of US Chinese and US Asian customers from the US and I guess from China. It looks like everyone is having fun and there are no racial problems. They surely like Mexican women, beer and tequila and Mexican women like them ... maybe their money :-)

Old 09-07-2019, 01:18 PM

546 posts, read 569,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fzmk View Post
It is funny because in Tijuana, Mexico largest strip club called the "Hong Kong" and a lot of US Chinese and US Asian customers from the US and I guess from China. It looks like everyone is having fun and there are no racial problems. They surely like Mexican women, beer and tequila and Mexican women like them ... maybe their money :-)
Wtf? There's nothing to be proud of whoring. You are degrading an act supposed to be reserved for lovers or schoolmates, the sex act, into a financial transaction. Stop making whores out of the Mexican Chicas, they deserve some respect.

Old 09-07-2019, 02:16 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,476,108 times
first generation chinese are clannish like romance of the three kingdoms.

They also don't like dark skin because it means you are lower class and work in the fields.

Old 09-07-2019, 02:25 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,894,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selurong View Post
Wtf? There's nothing to be proud of whoring. You are degrading an act supposed to be reserved for lovers or schoolmates, the sex act, into a financial transaction. Stop making whores out of the Mexican Chicas, they deserve some respect.
Very true in addition I've heard that those nasty places in Mexico attract foreigners because they prostitute young girls. It's a disgusting nasty business nothing to be proud of if the only way you can see naked women or get sex is by paying for it because you're a ****ing loser.

Old 09-07-2019, 02:35 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,401,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selurong View Post
I gree that was a pretty stupid comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia