Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2020, 03:55 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,486,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
This is bull**** war from Indian perspective. They know they'll loose since: China has the stronger military, India's been affected heavily by covid, it's poorer. Just cede the small area to China or you'd be forced to buy american guns and enter in debt.

I don't think so. 35 PLA soldiers died in that encounter. CCP lost face. You'll see the concillory tone in their propaganda machine after their last one. PLA were not able to hold territory after 1967. Pakistan ceded Askai chin to the CCP. CCP and PLA wants to prove to the world they are the new #1. If the PLA, was really that strong, they could take Taiwan, Japan, vietnam, and the phillipines. They can't hold mountains in the Himalayas. Tibeteans don't fight back since the dalai Llama said don't fight which is why don't rise up. The supply lines are too long. Plus, the PLA has no war experience. Indian army has been fighting jihadists and pakistanis nonstop. We also don't know the quality of PLA equipment to even Russian equipment.

Made in China generally isn't very high quality.

never trust a communist!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2020, 12:21 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,876,428 times
China has said that they sustained casualties but is declining to release numbers; in one of the news outlets they said that it was because they didn't want to damage domestic "morale" by "comparing losses." If they had only lost 3 or 4 soldiers I don't think they'd mind sharing. It's probably a higher number and that's why they don't want to disclose it.

Old 06-18-2020, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
China has said that they sustained casualties but is declining to release numbers; in one of the news outlets they said that it was because they didn't want to damage domestic "morale" by "comparing losses." If they had only lost 3 or 4 soldiers I don't think they'd mind sharing. It's probably a higher number and that's why they don't want to disclose it.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3949359

Unconfirmed PLA causalities are 45

that's loss of face.

Old 06-18-2020, 12:53 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,029,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post

In any case India should use Indian weapons, period. If america cares so much about "democracy" or whatever outdated cliche bull**** phrase the covid rioters use then they shouldn't try to sell to India or anyone their weapons. Consider also how laughable the Hong Kong "independence" movement is, yes the "independent party of hong kong" literally calls for giving HK back to the UK lol. I'm happy China can see through the transparent western propaganda machine, but sadly India cannot (atm at least).

Old 06-18-2020, 02:22 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,040,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
India is still relying too much on cheap ass post-commie weaponry (arms from Russia). You would have thought they learned when they got there butt kicked by Pakistan (of all things) in an air-to-air skirmish last year.

India - buy Uncle Sam next time.
Even though I don't buy the "surgical strikes" version from India, they never got their butt kicked ever in history.

usually Pak mutilates or tortures Indian Prisoners of war. This time they released the captured pilot. That may be due to 2 reasons.
1) May be Imran Khan was sensible and did want any further escalation.
2) Thier pants were wet already due to the fear of retaliation.

And commie weaponry is more of a historical obligation & friendship towards Russia. Its not about the weapon , its about who uses it. Russia completely destroyed Islamic insurgents with those weapons, whereas Pakistan is still fighting with their best weapons.

I hope this Indo China thing ends here. War doesn't help both countries and will further affect trade.

Old 06-18-2020, 02:45 PM

14,994 posts, read 23,911,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Even though I don't buy the "surgical strikes" version from India, they never got their butt kicked ever in history.

usually Pak mutilates or tortures Indian Prisoners of war. This time they released the captured pilot. That may be due to 2 reasons.
1) May be Imran Khan was sensible and did want any further escalation.
2) Thier pants were wet already due to the fear of retaliation.

And commie weaponry is more of a historical obligation & friendship towards Russia. Its not about the weapon , its about who uses it. Russia completely destroyed Islamic insurgents with those weapons, whereas Pakistan is still fighting with their best weapons.

I hope this Indo China thing ends here. War doesn't help both countries and will further affect trade.
Well the term "butt kicked" is subjective. I don't think there is a military definition of "kick-butt" from the Jane's Information Reference Group on Military Equipment. The fact is that India lost that small engagement and a pilot captured.

But no not to disparage the Indian military, they are certainly capable and have ferocious fighters as Pakistan has experienced in the past in prior conflicts. And it even goes beyond using Russian military equipment. And by Russian we mean surplus Soviet. It's outdated, it's archaic. They really need to update with modern equipment. Indian soldiers deserve better.

No one wants war of course but the best deterrent to war is a modern military. India has it's own defense industry of course but it can't compete with the high tech equipment built by China (which of course are usually cheaply made copies of US equipment using stolen designs).

Old 06-18-2020, 10:38 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,291,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post

They want full full technology transfer so they can control supply chain.

Russia would not even transfer their old technology

Old 06-18-2020, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
Russia would not even transfer their old technology

I think that's why they said no to some Russian bids.

Pooh bear!

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1005703...pooh-xi-china/

Old 06-19-2020, 08:56 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,471,344 times
These sort of things shouldn't be happening. I'm pretty sure both sides blame the other for crossing the line of control. My guess is that the Indian Army was on the wrong side this time, and they got a violent response. The PLA regularly sends troops over, and the Indian Army just returns them to the other side. The line of control needs to be clearly demarcated until the dispute is settled, and both sides need to stick to their side. But good luck getting the CCP to agree to that.

Old 06-20-2020, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
These sort of things shouldn't be happening. I'm pretty sure both sides blame the other for crossing the line of control. My guess is that the Indian Army was on the wrong side this time, and they got a violent response. The PLA regularly sends troops over, and the Indian Army just returns them to the other side. The line of control needs to be clearly demarcated until the dispute is settled, and both sides need to stick to their side. But good luck getting the CCP to agree to that.

I blame the PLA for occupying tibet. Its their their fault this happened. Keep tibet a buffer state and this would not happen. Pooh bear needs to save face for the trade war, PLA bioweapon COVID-19, and hong kong.

Never trust a communist.

The vietnamese don't take their crap and they are smaller than india.

The han always move south. that's how we got thailand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia