Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2020, 07:05 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,530,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I wouldn't go as far as to say that, at least not yet, and tbh I don't think that China will actually get to the point where they are launching a campaign for violent regional imperialism like the Japanese did. They're trying to do as much of that as possible with money.

Japan literally did rape everyone. They killed millions. The IJA/IJN were monsters. China has done some twisted stuff, no doubt, and they are really pushing the limits of what's acceptable, but I don't see them launching a mass rape campaign any time soon. I don't even really see them engaging in conventional wars like the US and its allies, or Russia have been doing in recent years. However, depending on how the next few years go geopolitically, they may decide to take the offensive. They certainly see the current situation as a unique window of opportunity and my biggest worry is that if the big dude in Beijing feels like the window is closing, he could opt to lash out.
The recent confrontation with India suggests that at the very least it is a possibility. As China grows in strength, it will look for ways to assert itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2020, 07:18 AM

657 posts, read 247,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
The recent confrontation with India suggests that at the very least it is a possibility. As China grows in strength, it will look for ways to assert itself.
Its time to sit back and watch the party

Old 07-01-2020, 09:03 PM

Holy sick, i just read the news
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-53089037
They use nail stick like this

They already make elephant angry!

Old 07-01-2020, 10:04 PM

8,971 posts, read 11,851,660 times
I saw some of the text of China's new security law on Hong Kong. It's scary stuff for not only the people Hong Kong but for anyone who dares to criticize China. Anyone who is deemed a security risk against China can be imprisoned for life. According to this news account, Canada has already advised their citizens to be very careful when they are in Hong Kong or China.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-GW-RIRotI

Old 07-04-2020, 12:07 AM

3,413 posts, read 4,484,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pag-pag View Post
Its time to sit back and watch the party
I hope your age isn't anywhere near the double digits. Most people anywhere a smigdeon near adulthood would be mortified by the thought of men bludgeoning each other to death rather than being some sort of entertainment.

Old 07-04-2020, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
I hope your age isn't anywhere near the double digits. Most people anywhere a smigdeon near adulthood would be mortified by the thought of men bludgeoning each other to death rather than being some sort of entertainment.

Old 07-04-2020, 02:12 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,520,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post

That's why the CCP should be liquidated and the PRC split into 3 manageable kingdoms.

Old 07-06-2020, 03:09 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,520,859 times
China Pulls Back From One Disputed Border, Makes New Claims on Another

https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-p...er-11594052370

PLA pulls back and now its messing with Bhutan.

Old 07-13-2020, 09:57 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,712,577 times
This is their style. Occupy 10 km, pull back 9 km, then negotiate a new Line of Actual Control and Buffer Zone - all this without firing a single shot !!

Old 07-13-2020, 10:25 AM

1,136 posts, read 534,758 times
The successful Chinese Canadians and other Canadians in HK, Macau and Mainland China ignore the nonsense advice, law abiding and contributing to society, having done nothing illegal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
According to this news account, Canada has already advised their citizens to be very careful when they are in Hong Kong or China.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-GW-RIRotI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia