Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 07:37 AM

3,109 posts, read 2,994,231 times

Advertisements

I heard Manilla was second most ravaged capital city in WW2...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2020, 07:59 AM

657 posts, read 246,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Roach View Post
I heard Manilla was second most ravaged capital city in WW2...
And how about Japan sex slave? Why they not blame the culprit?

Old 07-08-2020, 09:08 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,974,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by igotswag View Post
Most Filipinos I come across online blame the US for their problems and claim this culture you talk about is what's holding them back. I ask them how to get rid of it, none of them respond back.

Dude, stop the BS. You claim this in each post you've created in citydata (most Hawaiians, Puerto Ricans, Filipinos, etc that you claimed to have talked to...over and over), all of which have one agenda - anti-US.
Stop playing your games with the good people of CityData.

Good people of this forum - stop playing his game.

Old 07-08-2020, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darien25 View Post
Interesting that first picture had my curiosity as it's so blatantly racist. However my research suggests it was actually satire from anti-imperialistic sentiments and was made purposely ridiculous as if to note the idiocy of making The Philipines part of the U.S. It's in a cartoon section dedicated to humor. In other words these appears to have been created by an American against the U.S. being in The Philippines (and the U.S. at the time did indeed have a very large anti-imperialism faction).
Still - extremely racist.

Old 07-08-2020, 10:46 AM

26 posts, read 26,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Dude, stop the BS.
Do you want me to site some examples?

Old 07-08-2020, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Interesting that first picture had my curiosity as it's so blatantly racist.
What about the second picture?

Old 07-08-2020, 11:25 AM

Quote:
I remember reading that they have an agreement with the elite class (who became modern day political dynasty), that allow the US to guide them and give them independence.
Did they change that when they got their independence?

Quote:
And Americans also spend 50% of their colonial budget in Philippines for education. They build schools and universities,
Isn't that suppose to be a good thing?

Quote:
and these curriculum include hail America!
Were they executed should they failed any of this?

Quote:
Also the economy they build and guide in Philippines, favor the mother country USA (basically Ph became dumping ground for American goods, while they only produce agriculture or mining stuff). Which also mean that they build no industrial foundation. Things like Railway is clearly behind, while its massive in British India, Japanese Korea or Netherlands Java:
I know that too but did they change any of that when they got their independence? Did they build more railways and other infrastructure? Did they improve their industry? Commerce? Provided jobs? Improved the quality of life for the common folk? Became one of the richest nations on Earth?

[/quote]America "liberate" Philippines and help them rebuild Manila. Which they destroy by shelling Japanese garrison in the city.[/quote]

No need to use quotes on the liberated part as if you are being original and just call it for what it is. And yes, I know that too.

To be fair, Americans built modern Manila. After the destruction came in the ultimate test of rebuilding.

Quote:
After independence Philippines basically relied on US aid and all their economy are built to rely on trade with USA.
Because they were heavily damaged, so was Japan and South Korea.

Quote:
When Ph tried to industrialize later, they fail to compete with India, China, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and recently Vietnam.
That's their fault.

Quote:
But this is not United States' fault of course (ok maybe a bit).
Just admit it and say everything that goes wrong in the world is the US's fault. I know you want to. Until China comes a long and then it will be China's fault.

Also Mr. darien25, in a nutshell, you are claiming the US was and is still bad to the and for the Philippines, right? If that is so, why would the victims still remain allied with them? Trade with them? Go there? Let the oppresses in? Have treaties with them? Have any relations with them at all?

Old 07-08-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Do you want me to site some examples?

You must live in one diverse neighborhood. It seems you have a native Hawaiian living next door, a Puerto Rican across the street, and a Filipino a couple houses down, all that have a specific grievance against the U.S.

Sure, you can play OUR game now. You would have to provide support that 1.) that you know this person, 2.) that this person has the opinion you claimed, and 3.) that this person represents the majority opinion of the population he represents. Let's see it.
Be forewarned that simply putting some obscure blog post don't work here. You can find anything on the internet including someone claiming that every Filipino are possessed by aliens. Nope, don't work.

Quote:
What about the second picture?
I'm not here to answer every post that you want me to respond to, not to mention I wasn't even addressing you. Trolls feed off of emotional reactions. Nope, I'm not here to play your game, you play mine - what is your issue with the U.S exactly (or the good people of the Philippines as it sounds like you are against everything)? What country do you live in? Why are you in CityData in the first place?

Oh extra credit question - what was your original user name before you were banned for the first time from this forum?

Last edited by Dd714; 07-08-2020 at 12:14 PM..

Old 07-08-2020, 02:04 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,515,683 times
Because they realized they have no culture of their own, they forgot their pre-hispanic pre-islamic pagan roots, their country has bland flood because spanish occupation and foreign bedoiun influence, have a white savior inferiority complex, rave about how much european blood they have, and their country is named after a European king in a far off land.

Even bangladesh has more appeal. At least their food is better. Indonesia and malaysia do better and they still follow foreign bedouin ideology!

Change the name of the country and focus on science!

bring back the coconut curry!

Old 07-08-2020, 07:43 PM

54 posts, read 30,767 times
Quote:
Did they change that when they got their independence?
Nope that's why its called "dynasty"

Quote:
Isn't that suppose to be a good thing?
Yes and no

Quote:
Were they executed should they failed any of this
I don't think so, but the kids who went to these school know nothing at the beginning anyway. So they grew up Hail America!

Quote:
No need to use quotes on the liberated part as if you are being original and just call it for what it is. And yes, I know that too.

To be fair, Americans built modern Manila. After the destruction came in the ultimate test of rebuilding.
They said that the invasion wasn't actually necessary. Yes Americans modernized Manila using Filipino money, then destroy it, then aid them to rebuild.

Quote:
I know that too but did they change any of that when they got their independence? Did they build more railways and other infrastructure? Did they improve their industry? Commerce? Provided jobs? Improved the quality of life for the common folk? Became one of the richest nations on Earth?
Nope it was their failure to meet the standard. Now they're blaming Marcos for all their failure.

Quote:
Because they were heavily damaged, so was Japan and South Korea.
\
They also got US aid afterwards and became frontier against Communist China and Russia in the neighborhood. So did Taiwan.

Quote:
Just admit it and say everything that goes wrong in the world is the US's fault. I know you want to. Until China comes a long and then it will be China's fault.

Also Mr. darien25, in a nutshell, you are claiming the US was and is still bad to the and for the Philippines, right? If that is so, why would the victims still remain allied with them? Trade with them? Go there? Let the oppresses in? Have treaties with them? Have any relations with them at all?
Im not gonna say much in this matter, but the US government mingle too much in certain parts of the world. Like Iraq and Syria.

The one who decide to ally and trade with the US are Philippines government (who are controlled by the cronies and political dynasty that benefit from US occupation), the one who complain about it today are the civilians. They also hamper foreign investment, by making outside competition nearly impossible with ridiculous policies/taxation and allow their own business/political monopoly in the country.

Last edited by darien25; 07-08-2020 at 07:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia