Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2021, 02:49 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I have no idea what your obsession is with bots. You're getting weird.

Anyways that's not exactly what "literal" means. There was no metaphor or allegory in your statements, it was not subject to stretching the scope. There is no "yeah I was wrong but I meant this other thing so I was right". I could understand that if it was a complex and wordy statement. But it was a very simple statement you made, a very plain statement you made, and it was outright wrong.

The same can be said of all the identified misstatements you made. Dude, you just can't make up stuff in a public forum and pull "facts" out of whatever body part you pull them from, you get fact checked. I've made mistakes myself, but I've owned up to them. You happened to make more than your share. If you have opinion, we can disagree, that's fine. But don't make up stuff to defend your position.
Again, you understand it the way you want, others understand it the way I meant it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2021, 02:50 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie60 View Post
Attack Taiwan and start ww3. Lets get a head start and kick out all the chinese students (spies) like Japan did. Some of them might be potential saboteurs so none of them can be trusted.

The more these chinese apologists try to spin their lies and misinformation, the more I think the ccp is over the deep end as they have begun to believe in their own propaganda. So war might be inevitable.
The usual racist paranoia...
If anything, China will defend Taiwan, not attack it. That is just your twisted interpretation based on the illusion that Taiwan is not part of China.

Old 11-16-2021, 03:27 PM

7,651 posts, read 4,608,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Why do people always bring up Mao?! It's as silly as bringing up Hitler when talking about modern Germany. All that was decades ago, China today is a very different country.
And it has a fine government. It is not autocratic just because you have no clue how its system works. It's a democratic communist system. Even some Western scholars have already acknowledged
https://youtu.be/Vg7QOSyKMP4

In China the average citizen has more influence on their government than in the West.
Why does today's PRC always not mention Deng and the arm of the communists that actually built up the country?

I've got a pretty good idea on how the system works. Like many businesses we expanded into China. I've done business there many times. But hey I'm a foreigner.

Let's ask someone who would really know. Say Jack Ma....how much influence do you think you have over your democratic communist system? Jack, it's just a question. Influence starts with free communication, right? Why are you crying and begging me to leave you alone? Don't you believe the banking system, sitting atop billions of loans about to go bad in real estate deals, has any room for improvement? Really Jack....none whatsoever?

Well, I guess he wasn't much help. Say...where'd he go anyway?

Old 11-16-2021, 04:59 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,077,434 times
Quote:
No matter what the percentage, the election results for that percentage will reflect how people in HK feel.
Irrelevant fake elections do not illustrate how people feel as people have no reason to participate. Especially when the opposition is not participating because the elections are meaningless.

Old 11-16-2021, 05:09 PM

Quote:
What you want to hear is how China does what your Western idea of a democracy does.
That is a pointless effort.
China has another concept of democracy. Namely that people's opinions and wishes are considered when making decisions. And they have various channels to communicate them to the government.
Having benevolent leaders is not democracy, as they can refuse to listen and people will have to revolt to get rid of them.

In fact it is very common for dictators to try to listen to the people, but eventually you will get a bad leader or a crisis that makes the leader stop listening to the people and run the country into the ground.

They next paragraphs are off topic, so I won't respond to it. Please stay on the topic.

Old 11-18-2021, 02:13 PM

574 posts, read 377,358 times
Quote:
If anything, China will defend Taiwan, not attack it. That is just your twisted interpretation based on the illusion that Taiwan is not part of China.

I like chinese people, I even dated a couple but I don't like the ccp and the trolls they pay to spread their twisted sense of reality.

Taiwan is not part of china. They do not want anything to do with an oppressive murdering lying stealing regime.

China has become a bully in south east asia. Countries and companies are realizing china is no longer a good place to do business. China's words and promises are meaningless. The ccp greatest fear is the people rise up and demand accountability. Starving people have nothing to lose.

Old 11-18-2021, 07:38 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,028,472 times
Quote:
China has stated they will consider occupying Taiwan by force.

“We make no promise to give up the use of military force and reserve the option of taking all necessary means” against Taiwanese separatist activities and “outside forces” that interfere with reunification, he said.https://www.news.com.au/technology/i...4aAn53EALw_wcB

BTW most Taiwanese will not support a Communist lead government on their island. Sure they can be open to reunification but not with the present political party in China. Only when the mainland China is a democracy there will be more support for Taiwanese to reunify with the mainland.

But China remains a one party Authoritarian state and it is highly unlikely that the Taiwanese will embrace that party enmass.

You mention about the racist paranoia, yet how do you explain there was not so long ago border fighting between China and India? Plus China has territory claims in a part of Japan, as there are islands Japan will not give up even though China has claimed it is part of China?

BTW even if China gets hold of TAiwan, what will stop them from claiming territory in parts of Japan, India and beyond?

Old 11-18-2021, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
China has stated they will consider occupying Taiwan by force.
He is just trying to redefine attack.

What he means by defending Taiwan is to invade it to protect it against separatist forces.

Old 11-18-2021, 09:18 PM

8,869 posts, read 8,454,383 times
China will defend Taiwan against whom? Taiwan has no animosity with any country other than China. Who the f would attack Taiwan other than China? Canada? Lmao

Last edited by Greysholic; 11-18-2021 at 09:29 PM..

Old 11-18-2021, 09:51 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,872,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
China will defend Taiwan against whom? Taiwan has no animosity with any country other than China. Who the f would attack Taiwan other than China? Canada? Lmao
Ah, so that's the national security issue that the two Michaels were jailed over... I see. How benevolent of the CCP to allow them to save face by not divulging their sinister plans.

Careful, Canada. Next time, not so lucky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia