Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2022, 05:32 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,070,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I am not a communist, I don't support hardly anything Marx suggested.
In most aspects I am progressive, for instance I am totally in favor of race-mixing, patchwork families, against religion, etc.

Well, something went wrong with homosexual people, they can't be held responsible for it. So no, I don't mind homosexual people not having kids, nor couples who can't have kids for other reasons such as health problems.
I don't support gay marriage, though, but some other type of registered union.
So lesbians don't have a duty to get kids, because something went wrong with their brain?

And being against religion is not considered progressive, and the two others you mentioned are a joke. Progressives are supposed to be tolerant to religions, not favor one or fighting against them all like communists.

However, being against gay marriage, think there are something wrong with homosexuals and believe getting kids is a duty are definitely far-right conservative positions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2022, 01:28 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
So lesbians don't have a duty to get kids, because something went wrong with their brain?

And being against religion is not considered progressive, and the two others you mentioned are a joke. Progressives are supposed to be tolerant to religions, not favor one or fighting against them all like communists.

However, being against gay marriage, think there are something wrong with homosexuals and believe getting kids is a duty are definitely far-right conservative positions.

Of course lesbians don't have the duty to have kids. Something went wrong with their bodies (including brains), yes.

I disagree, religion is typical of conservative people. Tolerance refers to others, not oneself. I am against religion, but I don't interfere in other people's beliefs. I merely avoid religious people, especially followers of certain religions.

Views on homosexuality etc. have nothing to do with communism or not. Don't throw everything into the commie drawer just because you don't like something.

Old 02-17-2022, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Of course lesbians don't have the duty to have kids. Something went wrong with their bodies (including brains), yes.

I disagree, religion is typical of conservative people. Tolerance refers to others, not oneself. I am against religion, but I don't interfere in other people's beliefs. I merely avoid religious people, especially followers of certain religions.

Views on homosexuality etc. have nothing to do with communism or not. Don't throw everything into the commie drawer just because you don't like something.
Progressives think homosexuality is normal. That means being gay and straight is similar, neither is right nor wrong. Only extreme social conservatives like you say that homosexuals have something wrong with their brain.

And progressives don't avoid religious people, they are supposed to be tolerant of religions. You even admit you have preferences for religions.

And don't get me started on your despicable opinion that women has a duty to get kids. The last time we saw an European nation where getting kids was a duty was the Reich in ww2. Your ideas about childbearing was profoundly rejected. Getting kids is a choice and if the state want more kids then make it desirable.

Last edited by Camlon; 02-17-2022 at 08:53 AM..

Old 02-17-2022, 09:10 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,435,567 times
Quote:
Progressives think homosexuality is normal. That means being gay and straight is similar, neither is right nor wrong. Only extreme social conservatives like you say that homosexuals have something wrong with their brain.

And progressives don't avoid religious people, they are supposed to be tolerant of religions. You even admit you have preferences for religions.

And don't get me started on your despicable opinion that women has a duty to get kids. The last time we saw an European nation where getting kids was a duty was the Reich in ww2. Your ideas about childbearing was profoundly rejected. Getting kids is a choice and if the state want more kids then make it desirable.
It's extremely typical for China shills and Chinese people at large to harbour such regressive worldview. Gay people and women are treated like garbage in China. The chained woman in Xuzhou is just the tip of the iceberg. It would not surprise anyone if China starts putting gay people in concentration camps like Nazi Germany did. It's one step away from Taliban and North Korea, lol.

Old 02-17-2022, 09:44 AM

Quote:

Some do, some don't. Progressives are not all clones of one person.

You are putting words in my mouth. I did not say homosexuality is wrong, I said something went wrong with the bodies/minds of homosexuals.

Yes, some religions are less stupid than others, that is my preference. Still, there is a clear connection between being progressive and being atheist.

https://www.pewforum.org/religious-l...y-affiliation/

I am not talking about a legal obligation. But I do think it is egoistic not to have kids unless health or poverty prevents it. At the end of the day, having kids is the only thing that survives after death, and since society gave you life, you should give life back to society.

Old 02-17-2022, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Some do, some don't. Progressives are not all clones of one person.

You are putting words in my mouth. I did not say homosexuality is wrong, I said something went wrong with the bodies/minds of homosexuals.

Yes, some religions are less stupid than others, that is my preference. Still, there is a clear connection between being progressive and being atheist.

https://www.pewforum.org/religious-l...y-affiliation/

I am not talking about a legal obligation. But I do think it is egoistic not to have kids unless health or poverty prevents it. At the end of the day, having kids is the only thing that survives after death, and since society gave you life, you should give life back to society.
The idea that homosexuals have something wrong with their brains is a thought people had 70 years ago and is even rejected by many conservatives today.

If you are so confident that you are a progressive, why don't you ask a progressive forum of your choosing if it is progressive to think that homosexuals have something wrong with their brain and that it is a duty for women to get a child.

You won't do it, because deep down you know that they will be appalled by your regressive worldview.

Old 02-17-2022, 11:38 AM

Quote:
The idea that homosexuals have something wrong with their brains is a thought people had 70 years ago and is even rejected by many conservatives today.

If you are so confident that you are a progressive, why don't you ask a progressive forum of your choosing if it is progressive to think that homosexuals have something wrong with their brain and that it is a duty for women to get a child.

You won't do it, because deep down you know that they will be appalled by your regressive worldview.
The reasons for homosexuality are for scientists to explain. My progressiveness means I don't mind, I don't blame anyone, I don't treat them worse, I don't try to "convert" them, etc. In other words, I am tolerant.

I am only on two forums, CD and a music forum. Being progressive is not a scientific definition. Many people who call themselves progressive are just silly by now. Anything goes does not mean progressive, it may even lead to the opposite effect.

Old 07-02-2022, 05:36 PM

1,854 posts, read 793,265 times
Global Times, the news organization definitely doesn't like the United States.

Old 07-02-2022, 08:45 PM

1,136 posts, read 523,904 times
The Philippines and Vietnam definitely don't like DPP Taiwan.

https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/2...ve-fire-drills
News on June, 29, 2022

" Taiwan’s foreign ministry said in a statement the island was part of the territory of the Republic of China — Taiwan’s formal name — and that it enjoyed all relevant rights accorded by international law.

“Our country has the right to conduct routine exercises on Taiping Island and related maritime areas. In order to ensure the safety of maritime traffic and fishing boats operating in adjacent maritime areas, we notify the relevant regional countries in advance before each live-fire drill,” it said.

Itu Aba is the biggest feature in the Spratly Islands, a grouping of islets and other features also claimed, entirely or in part, by China, the Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia and Brunei.

The Philippines normally complains most vociferously about China’s activities in the South China Sea, including what Manila says is illegal fishing.

The Philippines, like most counties, has no official diplomatic ties with Taiwan but there are close cultural and economic links and Taiwan is home to about 160,000 Filipinos, most of them migrant workers.

The maps China bases its South China Sea claims on date to when Chiang Kai-shek’s Republic of China government ruled China before it fled to Taiwan in 1949 after losing a civil war to Mao Zedong’s Communists.

Taiwan also controls the Pratas Islands at the very northern end of the South China Sea. "

https://focustaiwan.tw/politics/202206290006

News on 06/29/2022

" The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) on Wednesday asserted Taiwan's right to conduct live-fire drills on Taiping Island, following protests from the Philippines, which claims the South China Sea territory as its own.

As Taiping Island is part of the Republic of China, Taiwan's official name, the country has the "right to conduct routine exercises at Taiping and its surrounding waters," MOFA said in a press statement.

The ministry added that the government had issued notices beforehand to warn nearby vessels of the drills.

Disputes in the region should be settled peacefully by all parties concerned, and in accordance with international law, MOFA said, citing Taiwan government's basic principle pertaining to issues in the South China Sea.

MOFA's statement was issued one day after the Philippine government expressed its "strong objection" to what it described as Taiwan's "unlawful live-fire drills" off the coast of Taiping Island, known in the Philippines as Ligaw Island.

The Philippines Department of Foreign Affairs called the drills on Tuesday and Wednesday an "illegal activity" that "raises tensions and complicates the situation in the South China Sea."

They added that Taiping Island was an "integral part of the Kalayaan Island Group," over which the Philippines had sovereignty.

Both Taipei and Manila did not divulge what kind of weapons were used during the two days of live-fire drills.

Taiping Island, the largest of the naturally occurring Spratly Islands in the South China Sea, lies 1,600 kilometers southwest of Kaohsiung and is administered as part of the southern Taiwan municipality's Cijin District.

Taiping Island is also claimed by the People's Republic of China, the Philippines, and Vietnam.

It is one of the two territories controlled by Taiwan in the South China Sea, the other being Dongsha, or Pratas Island, which lies 450 kilometers southwest of Kaohsiung.

Currently, Dongsha and Taiping Island are manned by Taiwanese Coast Guard personnel trained by the nation's Marine Corps, and quarterly drills have regularly been held in both locations.

Taiwan's military said in 2020 that it would temporarily post marines on Pratas Island amid reports that the Chinese military was planning to conduct drills in the area.

The military did not reveal the number of marines deployed when they arrived on the island, or how long they would be garrisoned there.

The Spratly Islands, a group of islands and other natural structures in the South China Sea, are claimed in part or entirely by Taiwan, Brunei, China, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Vietnam. "

Vietnam protests Taiwan submarine deployment to Spratly islands
https://hanoitimes.vn/vietnam-protes...ds-319314.html
News on NOV 18, 2021

" Every drill and patrol activity of Taiwan around the Spratly Islands (Truong Sa) is a serious violation of Vietnam’s sovereignty over the islands, threatening peace, stability, safety, and maritime security and complicating the East Sea situation.
Vietnamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs' Spokesperson Le Thi Thu Hang stressed the view during a press conference today [November 18], noting such deployment should not be repeated.

“Vietnam has sufficient historical evidence and legal basis to assert its sovereignty over the Hoang Sa (Paracel) and Truong Sa (Spratly) archipelagos in accordance with international law”, Hang said.
The Vietnamese spokesperson stressed that the country resolutely protests the submarine deployment and asks Taiwan to cease such acts.
Also at the press briefing, queries have been raised over the recent incident in which Chinese coastguard vessels blocked and fired water cannons at two Philippines resupply boats while they were heading to the Second Thomas Shoal of Vietnam’s Spratly Islands.
On the issue, Hang stated that Vietnam's stance on the Truong Sa (Spratly) and Hoang Sa (Paracel) islands is evident and consistent.
“Vietnam calls for the parties to comply with international laws, especially the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea 1982, refrain from activities that could complicate the situation in the East Sea, contribute to maintaining the peace, security, stability and legal order at seas and in the region”, the Spokesperson stated at the briefing.
Earlier this week, the Taiwan News reported that Taiwan has deployed Hai Lung - one of its two most advanced submarines in naval drills near the Spratly Islands in the sea.
The submarine has a length of 66.9 meters with an 8.4-meter-wide beam and can reach a speed of up to 20 knots when submerged. Their weapons systems are capable of launching up to 28 torpedoes from their six 533mm torpedo tubes.
Besides, Taiwan has a total of four submarines, two of them dating from World War II, making them among the oldest operational submarines in the world. "

Last edited by Tomboy-; 07-02-2022 at 08:58 PM..

Old 07-02-2022, 09:30 PM

1,136 posts, read 523,904 times
Wrong. English language press with reporters not talking to different types of HKers in Cantonese don't know the exact situation. The richest HK Chinese don't leave because they are making big profits in HK, Mainland China and other parts of Asia. Also most HK billionaires are not pro western. Most are actually pro Beijing.

The middle class with high income are divided by political views. More than half of the middle class are not pro western. The group fewer in numbers, the pro western are leaving.

Actually those leaving for western countries consist of mostly lower income pro western people. Some HK people with college degree are working poor, belonging to the lower income group. The leaving "high income families" aren't rich ,aren't really considered high income in HK.

Sealed from the rest of China is not meant to be permanent. Figures shown many highly educated or wealthy Mainland Chinese have moved to HK, and was travelling between Mainland and HK frequently after they "moved" to HK. They live in rich areas of HK, not the areas most poor mainland chinese immigrants live.

Most ordinary HK Chinese tend to think of Mainland Chinese immigrants as uneducated and rude. They are talking about those without college education or married to poor HK Chinese men. Not those highly educated Mainland Chinese immigrants.
Quote:
The people leaving tend to be high income families. Replacing them won't be easy.

And why would wealthy Chinese move to a city that is sealed from the rest of China, has a population that tend to hate mainlanders and speaks catonese. If they like the mainland, they will stay there. If they don't, then they will move to the west.

Having lots of high income families leave while the city is aging rapidly and have a very low birth rate is not exactly sustainable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia