Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2021, 08:25 AM

51,074 posts, read 24,578,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Yes, because they took control over Taiwan after WW2. If Japan had not participated in WW2, it would have been part of Japan.

China has not controlled Taiwan for 120 years, it has no more right to own Taiwan than Norway has a right to own Iceland.
Okay, that's our general viewpoint, which I agree with. But I'm sure it isn't China's viewpoint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2021, 09:33 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,089,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Okay, that's our general viewpoint, which I agree with. But I'm sure it isn't China's viewpoint.
China doesn't actually have a logically consistent argument for why Taiwan belong to China, which is why we see the dumb comparison to Newfoundland and ad hominem against Taiwan.

If you asked a Japanese in the 1930s why Japan has the right to invade, I am sure you will get some inconsistent arguments. But the main reason is just the desire to expand the country, also called imperalism.

Old 10-14-2021, 09:39 AM

8,877 posts, read 8,487,842 times
Quote:
I was never pro-CCP and I am still against your targeting of Chinese people as it increases support for the CCP.
You totally were just like a few months ago.

Quote:
If Japan had not participated in WW2, it would have been part of Japan.
If only it had stayed that way lol.

Anyway, very few here minded China's recent tantrums. It was quite hilarious to read about twitter's freakouts about the ADIZ offences. Like they really thought the home to a) one of the best performing stock indices in the past 2 years, b) one of the best performing currencies in the past 2 years, c) an economy whose sovereign rating just got upgraded by two major credit rating agencies, d) lion's share of global supply of integrated circuits, and e) 10% of global container shipping, would be invaded during a massive global shortage?

Even if you don't believe the US, you can still pay some attention to the market.

Old 10-14-2021, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
You totally were just like a few months ago.
I am sure you will call me pro-CCP again after I call you out for making another sick comment about putting Chinese in concentration camps, wishing that the Japanese killed more Chinese or hoping that Covid screws over Europeans.

I have family in both Europe and China and do not appreciate you wishing my family harm.

Old 10-14-2021, 10:42 AM

8,877 posts, read 8,487,842 times
Quote:
I am sure you will call me pro-CCP again after I call you out for making another sick comment about putting Chinese in concentration camps, wishing that the Japanese killed more Chinese or hoping that Covid screws over Europeans.

I have family in both Europe and China and do not appreciate you wishing my family harm.
It wasn't just that. You were totally against the HK protests.

Old 10-14-2021, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
It wasn't just that. You were totally against the HK protests.
The HK protest was too violent and gave the CCP the opportunity to implement the national security law and destroy what was left of HK democracy.

I think HK would have been in a much stronger position if the protest had stopped after the extradition bill was suspended.

Last edited by Camlon; 10-14-2021 at 11:42 AM..

Old 10-14-2021, 03:49 PM

8,954 posts, read 11,828,295 times
China's illegal historical claims of the nine dash line and that of Taiwan are silly. If we go by historical rights, then Mongolia can claim all of China, no?

Old 10-14-2021, 04:41 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,554,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
China's illegal historical claims of the nine dash line and that of Taiwan are silly. If we go by historical rights, then Mongolia can claim all of China, no?
anyone can claim anything if you have the resources to do so.
Mexico would like to have TX back,Canadians LA,
the American Indians would like N America back,incas,Mayans,UIGHURS ,Palestians.
Look at the JEWS,they left Palestine how many years ago,?
Why should we intervene,we are not the nanny of the world,Taiwan has been preparing itself since Chiang Kai Shak fled toTaiwan,it has a well trained large standing army,let it do its own fighting.
Fighting cost money ,very expensive.Stop indulging in wishful thinking.

Old 10-14-2021, 05:38 PM

8,954 posts, read 11,828,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
anyone can claim anything if you have the resources to do so.
Mexico would like to have TX back,Canadians LA,
the American Indians would like N America back,incas,Mayans,UIGHURS ,Palestians.
Look at the JEWS,they left Palestine how many years ago,?
Why should we intervene,we are not the nanny of the world,Taiwan has been preparing itself since Chiang Kai Shak fled toTaiwan,it has a well trained large standing army,let it do its own fighting.
Fighting cost money ,very expensive.Stop indulging in wishful thinking.
The world intervened when Hilter invaded neighboring countries. They should intervene if China invades Taiwan. You are not a wumao, are you?

Old 10-14-2021, 08:25 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,554,469 times
Xi is not Hitler,where have you been,do your homework !
if so,we are Hitler who stole the land from the American Indians ,drove them to poverty and despair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia