Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2021, 01:46 AM

671 posts, read 318,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
They're banned in the four major cities, Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, and Shenzhen. Also probably in other major cities. It's kinda lame.
were you there when they had motorcycles creating traffic jams and horrible air quality?

use e bikes in bike lanes is your only option. but feel free to "escape" to bring the smog back to the US, just don't come to my area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2021, 03:11 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,089,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maomao View Post
were you there when they had motorcycles creating traffic jams and horrible air quality?

use e bikes in bike lanes is your only option. but feel free to "escape" to bring the smog back to the US, just don't come to my area
I am no fan of having motorcycles in China either because they are noisy and dangerous because people drive badly. But your arguments make no sense. Do you even think before you post?

1. The main source of pollution in China are factories. Cars is also a significant source. Motorcycles is not even close.
2. Motorcycles take a lot less room and is obviously not the source of traffic jams.

Old 10-18-2021, 03:30 AM

8,877 posts, read 8,487,842 times
Motorbikes are horrendous but what does it have to do with China invading Taiwan? China wants to invade Taiwan because Taiwan has too many motorbikes?

Old 10-18-2021, 01:18 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,905,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maomao View Post
Yes.

The amount of air pollution from the motorcycles was trivial compared to the factories, diesel buses and trucks, and low or nonexistent emission standards on cars, etc at the time.

Taking motorcycles off the road hasn't demonstrably improved traffic. It's still awful.

The one caveat I will say is that because most people in China are loathe to obey any traffic laws in the first place, it may have improved safety to some degree, but that's a function of society and not the vehicles themselves, and since you are unwaveringly pro-China/Chinese, probably not the concession you want to hear. Anyways, the proliferation of ebikes makes any safety increase moot.

Quote:
use e bikes in bike lanes is your only option.
In the big four cities, e-bikes aren't technically legal for use for private citizens, or at least, like many other things the laws are byzantine and purposely a grey area so that they can ban them or confiscate it from you at any given moment. Only registered delivery drivers are supposed to use them. In practice, of course, plenty of people do; I did. When we moved to Foshan, our ebike was legally registered and they legally allowed registration of motorcycles, because it's a smaller city.

And, the air was generally better.

Quote:
but feel free to "escape" to bring the smog back to the US, just don't come to my area
Oh, I've already come back to the US and am happy to be back here, where even a "bad" smog day is better than a "good" smog day in a Chinese city Not sure where you live. Didn't you say Socal or something once?

Old 10-18-2021, 01:23 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,905,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Motorbikes are horrendous but what does it have to do with China invading Taiwan? China wants to invade Taiwan because Taiwan has too many motorbikes?
Just another excuse to deflect and praise the party's policy decisions I guess

Old 10-18-2021, 01:31 PM

2,289 posts, read 1,580,754 times
Regarding recent changes in Chinese Diplomacy practices under Xi........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_warrior_diplomacy

Old 10-18-2021, 02:57 PM

2,289 posts, read 1,580,754 times
China is denying a report in the FT that it tested a nuclear-capable hypersonic rocket. Says it was a spacecraft........

Old 10-21-2021, 06:55 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,491,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Very Man Himself View Post
China is denying a report in the FT that it tested a nuclear-capable hypersonic rocket. Says it was a spacecraft........
I don't know what in the hell they have done. I do think we need to keep our heads up and watch our sources.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...DHP&li=BBnb7Kz

Whoever made this statement is a moron and knows NOTHING about physics.

Quote:
"One person said government scientists were struggling to understand the capability, which the U.S. does not currently possess, adding that China's achievement appeared 'to defy the laws of physics,'" he added.
What they supposedly tested was an HGV (hypersonic glide vehicle) which has already been tested by Russia and was a success, the Avangard. As an example this can be launched using a ICBM into earth orbit and glide back to it's target at speeds up to Mach 27, which was the speed of Russias launched HGV. It can also fly around the earth and hit a target from any point of the compass at high velocities.

These things are not hard for technologically advanced countries to make, they're no mystery. In fact the USSR was well along on development in the 1970s. If this was in fact a HGV test I see it as another indicator Russia and China are working together and sharing technology.

I'm not going by the foaming at the mouth media and unidentified persons spewing 3rd grade level rumors either.

There are warmongers out there.

Old 10-22-2021, 10:08 PM

3,171 posts, read 2,727,307 times
Great music video that sums up the Taiwanese feelings toward China. https://youtu.be/-Rp7UPbhErE

This video shut down every Chinese social media site because it offended Pooh bear. Read the subtitles and understand that "fragile pink" means mainland Chinese.

"So sorry!" Lol

Old 10-22-2021, 11:13 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,491,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
Great music video that sums up the Taiwanese feelings toward China. https://youtu.be/-Rp7UPbhErE

This video shut down every Chinese social media site because it offended Pooh bear. Read the subtitles and understand that "fragile pink" means mainland Chinese.

"So sorry!" Lol
You remind me of a 6 year old kid.

Do you have anything better to offer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia