Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2020, 03:15 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,258,456 times

Advertisements

Has anyone here lived in BALI before, and if so, would you do it again?

There's definitely some pluses and minuses.....plusses pretty much everything except the traffic! I wish the city streets were designed WAY BETTER. But everything else is good - beaches, culture, food, and the yoga and health food element there as well. Another negative might be the aggressive touts of Kuta, and the Spring Break Aussie Party scene of Kuta (but both could be avoided with avoiding Kuta).

Overall, the Island of Bali is one that continually intrigues me, and despite those minor annoyances, once I'm actually there, I always get into the vibe, and continually experience something different and new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2020, 06:54 AM

1,002 posts, read 912,547 times
pluss : In my experience in Bali, I think it's fun getting to the village the most beautiful and we can see on the side of the road local people wearing traditional clothes and performing rituals with religion. and most of them are friendly like mostly people in Jakarta, lots of places that can be visited if you are able to go to all areas in Bali. a pleasant place for me of course Ubud ,Tanah Lot, Bedugul but not Denpasar hehehe

minuss : life there (maybe Bali as a tourist place) which is very different from in Jakarta or other areas in Indo, such as foreign couples who do not hesitate to kiss in public without feeling ashamed of who sees them, and the nightlife which I think is different. .such as it is full of bars or restaurants especially in legian/kuta how we see local girls who maybe their mostly come from Java shamelessly dancing on the poles in the bar to attract the visitors. then white and bogan watching the dancing girls while drinking beer and will definitely drunk and make a fuss

today bali lonely because of covid..i missed to visit bali again and if I go to Bali I will definitely go to places that I haven't visited before

Old 09-19-2020, 05:23 AM

54 posts, read 30,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Has anyone here lived in BALI before, and if so, would you do it again?

There's definitely some pluses and minuses.....plusses pretty much everything except the traffic! I wish the city streets were designed WAY BETTER. But everything else is good - beaches, culture, food, and the yoga and health food element there as well. Another negative might be the aggressive touts of Kuta, and the Spring Break Aussie Party scene of Kuta (but both could be avoided with avoiding Kuta).

Overall, the Island of Bali is one that continually intrigues me, and despite those minor annoyances, once I'm actually there, I always get into the vibe, and continually experience something different and new.
I lived in Bali and Im generally content with the way thing are, except typical bad Indonesian bad town planning and non existent public transportation. Though I do miss Java's very nice rural areas for travelling. Bali maybe hit hard because it rely on tourism (tough on people on debt), but I kind of appreciate it to have a break for a while and it does feels nice.

Beaches are better in the south like Uluwatu, but even better when you cross to Nusa Lembongan and Penida.

Western food in Bali are one of the best I've tasted around the region, compared to other places like Jakarta or Surabaya and even Malaysia. Health foods are trend among the expat community, and they're abundance.

Old 09-26-2020, 07:08 AM

1,002 posts, read 912,547 times
this my favorite Ubud Bali ... very nice place to visit,,, love to walking in Ubud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p5FoQR8wTM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia