Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2021, 06:54 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,442,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
As I said many times, Western media is extremely unfair to China, and the same is largely true here. If you are really familiar with China, you know what I mean. Many people who are not familiar with China are implanted with hatred and brainwashed.

So in order to eliminate the bias and hostility, it is my responsibility to fight against anti China propaganda. I don't do it on other forums where anti China propaganda is not ubiquitous.
This is my contribution.
I am very familiar with China. Tbh Western media is too nice to China, if anything, lol. Chinese people are just butthurt and easily triggered.

It is not other people's fault that everybody hates you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2021, 10:28 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,755,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
I am very familiar with China. Tbh Western media is too nice to China, if anything, lol. Chinese people are just butthurt and easily triggered.

It is not other people's fault that everybody hates you.
You are a notorious 逢中必反 radical pro-independence Taiwanese.
Many people here know that already. No need to explain.

Not everyone hates China. Only several IDs here do but they keep posting years after years.

Also don't claim to know China very well. China is changing extremely fast and each time I went back, I found something new. I doubt you visit China frequently, or watch (non-politocal) China news frequently.

Old 01-17-2021, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
I refuse. May be you should stop praising the CCP and telling people what to do.

Sure thing, donald trump.

Well, maybe you should not call people idiots and lunatics for disagreeing with the annexation of taiwan, oppression of tibetens, and the fall of democracy in HK. Maybe there would not be anti-CCP propaganda if you did not have an anti-democratic agenda to push. You don't even read the classics!

No one likes a panda hugger and you never trust communist....ever!
So why do you have to keep posting anti communist propaganda on the Asia board then?
What do you know about communism and what's your story?

If you need a crusade battleground, don't you think here is not your best option? You alone occupied 7 positions on the first page, and all your posts have the same theme.

Old 01-17-2021, 11:05 PM

Quote:
You are a notorious 逢中必反 radical pro-independence Taiwanese.
Many people here know that already. No need to explain.

Not everyone hates China. Only several IDs here do but they keep posting years after years.
You should go on reddit and see how incredibly unpopular China is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish
Also don't claim to know China very well. China is changing extremely fast and each time I went back, I found something new. I doubt you visit China frequently, or watch (non-politocal) China news frequently.
I know that China is a trigger-happy bully. That's good enough for me.

Old 01-17-2021, 11:38 PM

Quote:
You should go on reddit and see how incredibly unpopular China is.
I lived in the west for many years and I know the fact: most people don't really think about China too much. Most Americans cannot name three Chinese cities without searching.
Since the media is generally negative on China, many Americans are influenced too. However, those who have been to China usually have much better impressions than those who have not.

On internet forums you can easily find groups hating anything. Also, the system recommends things according to your "interest". What you liked to see largely determines what you will see.

Quote:
I know that China is a trigger-happy bully. That's good enough for me.
You know you are a radical pro-independence Taiwanese and your opinion of China isn't fair at all. That is enough.

Old 01-17-2021, 11:52 PM

Quote:
I lived in the west for many years and I know the fact: most people don't really think about China too much. Most Americans cannot name three Chinese cities without searching.
Since the media is generally negative on China, many Americans are influenced too. However, those who have been to China usually have much better impressions than those who have not.

On internet forums you can easily find groups hating anything. Also, the system recommends things according to your "interest". What you liked to see largely determines what you will see.
Reddit is not just an internet forum. It's one of the largest websites in the world with a user base larger than Twitter.

And what I see isn't shaped by my preferences. It's determined by the amount of upvotes. The largest subreddits are extremely anti-China, and negative comments about China tend to have a ton of upvotes.

Old 01-18-2021, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Reddit is not just an internet forum. It's one of the largest websites in the world with a user base larger than Twitter.

And what I see isn't shaped by my preferences. It's determined by the amount of upvotes. The largest subreddits are extremely anti-China, and negative comments about China tend to have a ton of upvotes.
I also have a reddit account (rarely used it), this is the recommendation email I received today:

Quote:
reddit

r/whatsapp · Posted by u/howl_44 12h ago
Whatsapp broken with new Oxygen OS 11 update
Read More
20 Votes
11 Comments

Hide r/whatsapp
r/politics · Posted by u/simplelifestyle 3h ago
AOC calls GOP ‘sad’ and ‘stupid’ for suggesting the $14,000 wardrobe she wore for Vanity Fair was her own
Read More
13063 Votes
786 Comments

Hide r/politics
r/JUSTNOMIL · Posted by u/kitten_rodeo 13h ago
MIL thinks she rules our house - SO sets her straight!
SO and I have been trying to be very careful about COVID-- until recently I was working from home and unfortunately he is out of work due to the pandemic. We both have anxiety and OCD and are germopho... Read More
2254 Votes
165 Comments
Hide r/JUSTNOMIL
r/worldnews · Posted by u/LIS1050010 7h ago
France will not give in to terror after Nice attack, Macron says
Read More
51381 Votes
8316 Comments

Hide r/worldnews
r/AskReddit · Posted by u/Unsocial_Avocato 10h ago
What if 2020 isn't the "bad year" but it's the start of a bad decade?
Read More
61814 Votes
8295 Comments
Hide r/AskReddit
As you can see none of them is about China and most are not about politics, because I never participated in such discussions there.

I don't use reddit a lot but I use Twitter sometimes. Tons of people from Falun Gong, Hong Kong and Taiwan post anti China messages there every day, in both English and Chinese. Many are not even "news" but some one-sided editorials and fabricated stories

For Falun Gong and alike it is often their job. For HK and TW, some do that routinely on purpose too.

Since people in mainland China usually do not use Twitter, and most Chinese do not care about English media, there is never a balance of perspectives.

Old 01-19-2021, 01:28 AM

Quote:
I also have a reddit account (rarely used it), this is the recommendation email I received today:

As you can see none of them is about China and most are not about politics, because I never participated in such discussions there.
The notifications you received are from a bunch of months or even years-old topics. When China is brought up on the largest subreddits, it's almost always criticised for concentration camps, HK protests, treatment of Taiwan, Chinese tourists' embarrassing behaviours etc. It's almost never positive. The China subreddit (r/China) is probably the most anti-China one there is.

Recently there have been more users like you and Camlon trying to defend them, but there aren't enough of you for all the threads. There are also laughable wumao subreddits like r/Sino which should really be suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish
I don't use reddit a lot but I use Twitter sometimes. Tons of people from Falun Gong, Hong Kong and Taiwan post anti China messages there every day, in both English and Chinese. Many are not even "news" but some one-sided editorials and fabricated stories

For Falun Gong and alike it is often their job. For HK and TW, some do that routinely on purpose too.

Since people in mainland China usually do not use Twitter, and most Chinese do not care about English media, there is never a balance of perspectives.
There's no need for a balance of perspectives when your side actively persecute us. China's crimes, aggression and hypocrisy should be exposed even if some of them are rumours or exaggerated, not watered down by China shills.

Old 01-19-2021, 01:35 AM

636 posts, read 328,225 times
Joe, is that you sniffing my hair?

Old 01-19-2021, 08:51 AM

Quote:
The notifications you received are from a bunch of months or even years-old topics. When China is brought up on the largest subreddits, it's almost always criticised for concentration camps, HK protests, treatment of Taiwan, Chinese tourists' embarrassing behaviours etc. It's almost never positive. The China subreddit (r/China) is probably the most anti-China one there is.

Recently there have been more users like you and Camlon trying to defend them, but there aren't enough of you for all the threads. There are also laughable wumao subreddits like r/Sino which should really be suspended.
I don't check reddit notifications often, but whenever I checked it, I never saw anything about China, because I almost never read or discussed anything about China there.
If you browsed or participated in discussions of China issues, you will continue to get messages, maybe with the same topics and sentiment. Natural language processing technology is very advanced nowadays, it is very easy to perform a topic and sentiment analysis and notify clients accordingly.

Quote:
There's no need for a balance of perspectives when your side actively persecute us. China's crimes, aggression and hypocrisy should be exposed even if some of them are rumours or exaggerated, not watered down by China shills.
That is only your stance, and a balanced discussion must have other perspectives.
Also, China is a huge country with many interesting things going on, not just politics. Even Taiwanese media often report some interesting, non-political stories of China, which is a part of "cultural exchange". But if you take a look at English mainstream media and social media, they are heavily leaning towards (negative) political issues. That is another lacking of balanced perspectives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia