Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2020, 09:19 PM

497 posts, read 696,215 times

Advertisements

Getting back to the topic of the Uighurs. This PBS Frontline report is really good.

"A revealing look at the Chinese government’s mass imprisonment of an estimated two million Uyghurs and other Muslims, with undercover footage inside China's secretive Xinjiang region."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM1DjkPWtj0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2020, 01:54 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,753,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
give it time

China is godless. That itself insults islam. Islam hates atheism. That's why they hated the soviets so much.
Learn some history. China has been hosting Muslims for over 1000 years, much earlier than the US or Australia. There are small conflicts at times, but generally speaking they got along with Han Chinese well.

Oh Muslim immigrants are very happy in China too. They don't even want to leave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOJ6ReRpHTk

Old 12-17-2020, 01:59 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,753,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kira kira View Post
Getting back to the topic of the Uighurs. This PBS Frontline report is really good.

"A revealing look at the Chinese government’s mass imprisonment of an estimated two million Uyghurs and other Muslims, with undercover footage inside China's secretive Xinjiang region."

Check out the video posted by a Canadian this year. Much better than the propaganda you posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twPrtoyckuc&t=12s

Old 12-17-2020, 04:19 PM

671 posts, read 315,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Check out the video posted by a Canadian this year. Much better than the propaganda you posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twPrtoyckuc&t=12s
lol, they will just say it's ccp paid actors or whatever.

this video starts with a fact that no western hypocrites acknowledge, that xinjiang borders afghanistan

Old 12-17-2020, 05:48 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,072,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kira kira View Post

Did they just upgrade the number of Uyghurs from 1 million to 2 million? That would be 1 out of 6 Uyghurs, which is absurd. Areas with a majority Uyghurs would see closed stores everywhere as the economy collapsed. I have not seen any evidence of that happening.

And obviously, people can lie or mislead. You could make a horrorific documentary about pretty much anything, if you base yourself on anecdotal evidence.

Not trying to defend those camps, and I definitely think it is the wrong way to combat terrorism. But its quite clear to me that the number of people imprisoned is extremly inflated.

Old 12-17-2020, 06:58 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,440,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Not trying to defend those camps
That's all you do.

Old 12-17-2020, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
That's all you do.
There is a big difference between saying that the numbers are inflated and saying it is good thing.

Also, you have said over and over again that you want Chinese to suffer and would not care if millions of Chinese got killed. You are quite open about your hate towards Chinese.

You only care about Uighurs, because you can use them against China. If it was Han Chinese in those camps, you would not even care even if they started murdering them.

You have zero moral authority and you are just as authoritarian as the leaders you hate.

Last edited by Camlon; 12-17-2020 at 08:38 PM..

Old 12-17-2020, 08:52 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,440,884 times
Quote:
There is a big difference between saying that the numbers are inflated and saying it is good thing.
Except you never said it was a bad thing either. You even tried to rationalise their intent by arguing that Uighurs are terrorists.

Quote:
Also, you have said over and over again that you want Chinese to suffer and would not care if millions of Chinese got killed. You are quite open about your hate towards Chinese.
And the hatred is completely warranted considering Chinese people are always bullying Taiwanese people.

Quote:
You only care about Uighurs, because you can use them against China. If it was Han Chinese in those camps, you would not even care even if they started murdering them.
Depends on what kind of Han Chinese are in those camps. If they were HKers and PRC dissidents I would care. If they were like Bettafish and maomao (which is most of them) then I would laugh my ass off.

Quote:
You have zero moral authority and you are just as authoritarian as the leaders you hate.
And whose fault is that?

Old 12-17-2020, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Except you never said it was a bad thing either. You even tried to rationalise their intent by arguing that Uighurs are terrorists.
I just said it is a bad thing above, but you did not believe me.

Also, I never said that Uighurs are terrorists. I said the camps has been pretty effective at reducing terrorism. That is a fact.

Quote:
Depends on what kind of Han Chinese are in those camps. If they were HKers and PRC dissidents I would care. If they were like Bettafish and maomao then I would laugh my ass off.
Point proven.

If you don't care about human right abuses when it is done to a group that you don't like, then you are just as bad.

Old 12-17-2020, 08:57 PM

671 posts, read 315,541 times
Quote:
Did they just upgrade the number of Uyghurs from 1 million to 2 million? That would be 1 out of 6 Uyghurs, which is absurd. Areas with a majority Uyghurs would see closed stores everywhere as the economy collapsed. I have not seen any evidence of that happening.

And obviously, people can lie or mislead. You could make a horrorific documentary about pretty much anything, if you base yourself on anecdotal evidence.

Not trying to defend those camps, and I definitely think it is the wrong way to combat terrorism. But its quite clear to me that the number of people imprisoned is extremly inflated.
what is the right way then? just wipe them out?

you all think it doesn't cost a huge amount of ccp money to build and maintain all these "camps" and "monitoring systems".

won't it be a heck lot easier with just bombs and guns? oh wait that's the western way of doing things in afganistan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia