Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2020, 07:25 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,440,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
70 years is a long time. Unless it is split up in two powerful nations, then history has shown that the most powerful one will quickly reunify the nation.
In your dreams maybe. Your version of Chinese history is laughably inaccurate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2020, 08:37 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,072,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
In your dreams maybe. Your version of Chinese history is laughably inaccurate.
And here comes the nazi who want to put Chinese in concentration camps pretending he knows anything about Chinese history.

What I said is a historical fact, China always reunify.

Old 12-27-2020, 08:48 AM

Quote:
And here comes the nazi who want to put Chinese in concentration camps pretending he knows anything about Chinese history.

What I said is a historical fact, China always reunify.
More like China always breaks up. It's the national past time.

Idk why you always try to argue about Chinese history when you barely speak the language.

Last edited by Greysholic; 12-27-2020 at 08:58 AM..

Old 12-27-2020, 09:04 AM

Quote:
More like China always breaks up. It's the national past time.
China did not break up in lots of states, a single time between 1636 and 1912 and throughout the last 2000 years it has mostly been either 1 or 2 nations.

But I am sure you want China to break up and suffer a brutal civil war. That does not make it reality though.

Old 12-27-2020, 09:23 AM

Quote:
China did not break up in lots of states, a single time between 1636 and 1912 and throughout the last 2000 years it has mostly been either 1 or 2 nations.
Lol, goes to show how incredibly ill-informed you are about Chinese history.

Even if you disregard the Spring and Autumn period and the Warring States as that was before Qin (the first unified China in real sense), China has experienced several prolonged periods of major divisions: the Three Kingdoms (3rd century), Jin Dynasty (3rd to 5th centuries), Northern and Southern Dynasties (5th to 6th centuries), Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms (10th century), and the Southern Song Dynasty (12th to 13th centuries) where China was basically partitioned by several proto-mongol tribes. I'm not even counting late 19th century onward where a huge chunk of the country was essentially under the control of multiple Western powers, Japan, and Russia and the early ROC era where provinces were run independently by several warlords.

Like I said, you really shouldn't try to argue with me about Chinese history.

Quote:
But I am sure you want China to break up and suffer a brutal civil war. That does not make it reality though.
I've said it many times. I would not mind China if they stop harassing and bullying us, but since they have no intention to behave like a decent neighbour, there is no reason NOT to wish them misfortunes.

Old 12-27-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Lol, goes to show how incredibly ill-informed you are about Chinese history.

Even if you disregard the Spring and Autumn period and the Warring States as that was before Qin (the first unified China in real sense), China has experienced several prolonged periods of major divisions: the Three Kingdoms (3rd century), Jin Dynasty (3rd to 5th centuries), Northern and Southern Dynasties (5th to 6th centuries), Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms (10th century), and the Southern Song Dynasty (12th to 13th centuries) where China was basically partitioned by several proto-mongol tribes. I'm not even counting late 19th century onward where a huge chunk of the country was essentially under the control of multiple Western powers, Japan, and Russia and the early ROC era where provinces were run independently by several warlords.

Like I said, you really shouldn't try to argue with me about Chinese history.
Lol

Three kingdoms: 80 years
Jin Dynasty: 140 years
Northern and Southern Dynasties: Only 2 dynasties. Altough a short period it was 3 dynasties, so 40 years?
Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms: 72 years
Southern Song Dynasty: Only 2 dynasties.
Warlord and Chinese Civil War: Depends on how you define it, 20 years?

So the total amount of years is 352 out of 2000 years. You are wrong again.

Quote:
I've said it many times. I would not mind China if they stop harassing and bullying us, but since they have no intention to behave like a decent neighbour, there is no reason NOT to wish them misfortunes.
A normal reaction would be to blame the CCP. You want Chinese people to suffer just because they happen to be born in the wrong country.

Also, you would not mind China if they stop harassing and bullying us. I don't think so.

Quote:
No one wants to be associated with those ****s and no one gives a **** about how democratic they are. ... Join a democratic China my ass. Get ****ed.

Last edited by Camlon; 12-27-2020 at 10:05 AM..

Old 12-27-2020, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Lol

Three kingdoms: 80 years
Jin Dynasty: 140 years
Northern and Southern Dynasties: Only 2 dynasties. Altough a short period it was 3 dynasties, so 40 years?
Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms: 72 years
You clearly are not informed about how incredibly messed up the period from Three Kingdoms to the Sui dynasty was. From early 3rd to late 6th century China was never unified. During the Eastern Jin Dynasty there were Sixteen Kingdoms existing simultaneously. The Northern and Southern Dynasties were not just 2 kingdoms, there were several different ones coming up and down. For about 400 years China was under a state of constant war.

Quote:
Southern Song Dynasty: Only 2 dynasties.
What does that even mean?

Quote:
Warlord and Chinese Civil War: Depends on how you define it, 20 years?
Before and after that a lot of China was under the control of foreign countries as well. That's about 1 century, give or take.

Quote:
So the total amount of years is 352 out of 2000 years. You are wrong again.
Even Chinese people would tell you how bad this take is.

Quote:
A normal reaction would be to blame the CCP. You want Chinese people to suffer just because they happen to be born in the wrong country.
Chinese people support the CCP. They deserve it.

Quote:
Also, you would not mind China if they stop harassing and bullying us. I don't think so.
Why are you using "us"? You are not "us".

Old 12-27-2020, 10:18 AM

Quote:
What does that even mean?
It means that you cannot read

Quote:
You can argue about semantics, but the fact is that you are nowhere close to a 1000 years which is required to disprove what I said.

Old 12-27-2020, 10:23 AM

Quote:
It means that you cannot read
During the Song dynasty it was not just 2 nations. There were 3 (Song, Liao, Western Xia), then Liao was toppled by another Jin.

Northern Song

Southern Song

Quote:
You can argue about semantics, but the fact is that you are nowhere close to a 1000 years which is required to disprove what I said.
It wasn't 1000 years, but a good 700 or so years is definitely not far from the reality.

I don't know why you are so insistent on arguing about Chinese history with me. You can even ask your wife if what I wrote is true.

Old 12-27-2020, 10:27 AM

Quote:
During the Song dynasty it was not just 2 nations. There were 3 (Song, Liao, Western Xia), then Liao was toppled by another Jin.

Northern Song

Southern Song
I see two big dynasties.

Western Xia controled a region with less than 3 million people while Song Dynasty controlled an area of 90 million people in 1120. It is not even close to comperable.

There has always been some extra tiny rebel nations. That is the case now too, for instance Taiwan.

Quote:
It wasn't 1000 years, but a good 700 or so years is definitely not far from the reality.
You need a 1000 to be right, not 700.

So even with your liberal definition, you were still wrong.

Last edited by Camlon; 12-27-2020 at 10:41 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia