Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2021, 05:56 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,755,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
You should tell this to your Taiwanese “friends” and get punched real good. They most likely already know what you think and never considered you a “friend”. They probably just string you along to see if there’s anything worth exploiting or using.

People like you, which is most Chinese people, is exactly why our hatred is completely justified.
We all have different political stances, which is no secret. However, we accept the differences and do not argue about them.
Even among overseas mainland Chinese, you can often find people holding totally opposite views about issues in China, but we can still be friends and sitting on the same table to eat and drink.

It's a pity that you lived in the west but cannot understand it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2021, 05:58 PM

Quote:
I will react with glee when China has another massive earthquake or flood or pandemic or explosion that kills a bunch of people. Believe me, it will happen at one point or another.
I already saved this.
This is your nature. Period.

Personally I don't even think about Taiwan much. It has very little to do with my life, and neither much love nor hate is involved. Just irrelevant.

Old 01-10-2021, 06:07 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,442,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
We all have different political stances, which is no secret. However, we accept the differences and do not argue about them.
Even among overseas mainland Chinese, you can often find people holding totally opposite views about issues in China, but we can still be friends and sitting on the same table to eat and drink.

Supporting invasion and killing a group of people is not a political stance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish
I already saved this.
This is your nature. Period.

Personally I don't even think about Taiwan much. It has very little to do with my life, and neither much love nor hate is involved. Just irrelevant.
Saving for what? Showing it to your mom? Lol.

And it’s funny how you keep saying Taiwan is irrelevant, yet you think China should invade Taiwan if Taiwan pursues formal independence.

Old 01-10-2021, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Supporting invasion and killing a group of people is not a political stance.
Not "supporting invasion and killing". But if some people (less than 40% Taiwanese according to current surveys) decide to violate the constitution of ROC (and PRC), some military intervention may be necessary.
Likewise, if Hong Kong, Macau, or any Chinese province does the same, they face the same (or worse).

Quote:
Saving for what? Showing it to your mom? Lol.
Saving another piece of evidence that you are a radical, evil person in nature.

Quote:
And it’s funny how you keep saying Taiwan is irrelevant, yet you think China should invade Taiwan if Taiwan pursues formal independence.
Taiwan's relevancy will increase if it declares independence, obviously, because it would be a threat to China's security.
In addition to that, it will be a disaster to the economy of Taiwan, and also has an impact on mainland China.
However, this will not happen. So it is irrelevant for the most part.

Old 01-10-2021, 07:07 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,442,533 times
Quote:
Not "supporting invasion and killing". But if some people (less than 40% Taiwanese according to current surveys) decide to violate the constitution of ROC (and PRC), some military intervention may be necessary.
Likewise, if Hong Kong, Macau, or any Chinese province does the same, they face the same (or worse).
Like I said, you keep proving that our hatred against you is completely warranted. And why should we care about your constitution?

Quote:
Saving another piece of evidence that you are a radical, evil person in nature.
That was a pretty fair response to the vileness of Chinese aggression.

Quote:
Taiwan's relevancy will increase if it declares independence, obviously, because it would be a threat to China's security.
In addition to that, it will be a disaster to the economy of Taiwan, and also has an impact on mainland China.
However, this will not happen. So it is irrelevant for the most part.

Old 01-10-2021, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Like I said, you keep proving that our hatred against you is completely warranted. And why should we care about your constitution?
That is only your interpretation, which sounds like fart to me. Those pro-reunification and "status quo" people in Taiwan don't like radicals like you either. Even many pro-independence Taiwanese don't like radicals like you.

You don't need to care PRC constitution, but people in China can, and there is nothing you can do about it if it happens. Advocating Taiwan independence is a crime in China, in case you don't know.

Old 01-10-2021, 08:58 PM

2,857 posts, read 2,169,936 times
Quote:

Sounds like you either agree or are cool with everything the Chinese government is doing, including bizarre practices like putting Han observers in Uighur homes in Xinjiang that everyone in the West find creepy. On the other hand you'll pounce on any criticism of China. It is weird to see such one sided POV in someone who claims to have lived outside of China for a long time.

Old 01-10-2021, 09:02 PM

671 posts, read 315,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkwensky View Post
Sounds like you either agree or are cool with everything the Chinese government is doing, including bizarre practices like putting Han observers in Uighur homes in Xinjiang that everyone in the West find creepy. On the other hand you'll pounce on any criticism of China. It is weird to see such one sided POV in someone who claims to have lived outside of China for a long time.
are you serious dude? you seriously believe that? does the han observer happened to be the family member of the family? i mean, how much they have to pay someone to go observe another person's family and stay in their home? if it's really necessary, it will be a camera or throwing them in jail. please use common sense before believing in everything you read on the internet

Old 01-10-2021, 09:20 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,057,058 times
The very second post in this thread went off-topic and I dont think it ever came back.

If foreign nationals, or recent immigrants commit a crime in their host country, I think they should be prosecuted, convicted, and serve time in their new country. I dont think they should be DEPORTED, I think they should be punished in place. I assuming the receiving government will either give them no jail time, slap on the wrist, or a Medal for committing crimes.

Old 01-10-2021, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkwensky View Post
I never said " either agree or are cool with everything", so you are lying again.

"Putting Han observers in Uighur homes" is another misunderstanding used by western propaganda. The truth is local government encouraged Han people and Uyghur people to build some "family-like" relations (结对认亲).

So some Han government employees (mostly young people with low rankings) are recognized as "brothers and sisters" by some local Ugyhur families, and they sometimes gather together to talk about issues, and help each other when it is needed. Many of the participants are females.
Personally I do not really like that, because it may be awkward for some people. But it is not like what western media says.

In China we have many similar activities like that in Han regions. For example, people in cities "adopt" some poor children in rural area, visit them and send money to them.
https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E7%B5...AA%8D%E8%A6%AA

Western media even said male Han people share beds with Uyghur women. Such ridiculous smearing is not only hilarious, but also an insult to both Han and Uyghur people.
?½?????ɲ?ְ???????Ⱥ?ڽ??????_?й?????????????? ????Ż?

Last edited by Bettafish; 01-10-2021 at 10:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia