Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2021, 10:51 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,753,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkwensky View Post
It is weird to see such one sided POV in someone who claims to have lived outside of China for a long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pluj...nel=NathanRich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2021, 11:04 PM

671 posts, read 315,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post
The very second post in this thread went off-topic and I dont think it ever came back.

If foreign nationals, or recent immigrants commit a crime in their host country, I think they should be prosecuted, convicted, and serve time in their new country. I dont think they should be DEPORTED, I think they should be punished in place. I assuming the receiving government will either give them no jail time, slap on the wrist, or a Medal for committing crimes.
well, if you happen to pay tax, you would want to deport these thugs asap. enough tax dollar is already being spent on law enforcement to catch them and court system to trial them. I would rather hit them with a huge fine and deport rather than provide them with room and board for their jail times.

Old 01-10-2021, 11:15 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,440,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
The only foreign wumao you can find on youtube is a former criminal lol.

Old 01-10-2021, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
The only foreign wumao you can find on youtube is a former criminal lol.
Many foreigners love China or try to be fair to China, unlike you pathetic haters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzoRgC5aO-8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnr16D1vnBI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knGYSrZCA5I

Old 01-11-2021, 09:47 AM

2,853 posts, read 2,168,427 times
Quote:
I never said " either agree or are cool with everything", so you are lying again.
It doesn't matter if you say it or not. All I know is, like Greyholic, if I see your name on a post I know which side it's going to be on.

Old 01-11-2021, 11:54 AM

Quote:
It doesn't matter if you say it or not. All I know is, like Greyholic, if I see your name on a post I know which side it's going to be on.
Vice versa.
If you stop pasting fake China news, I won't comment. The "pride and prejudice" in the west is way too much for me to ignore.

Old 01-11-2021, 12:14 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,884,085 times
Quote:
Many foreigners love China or try to be fair to China, unlike you pathetic haters.
I love China, spend lots of time there, love the history, have many personal and business friends there. It's the government I dislike. As a businessman I've seen enough shady practices with the government that I have had to endure.

Quote:
You have to learn the ignore feature. The forum offers it, why not use those tools. It's already improved this forum a hundred fold for myself by removing one particular disgusting member:
This message is hidden because maomao is on your ignore list.

Old 01-11-2021, 03:12 PM

2,853 posts, read 2,168,427 times
Quote:
Vice versa.
If you stop pasting fake China news, I won't comment. The "pride and prejudice" in the west is way too much for me to ignore.
Ok. So you're not disputing my point that you're either cool with whatever China's government is doing, or you don't feel comfortable criticizing the Chinese government. I think it's the former considering the way you're throwing a fit now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
You have to learn the ignore feature. The forum offers it, why not use those tools. It's already improved this forum a hundred fold for myself by removing one particular disgusting member:
This message is hidden because maomao is on your ignore list.
I'll consider it. I do try to leave a few people from the opposing side on my feed so I don't only get content from within my bubble. There was someone here named Boticcelie who's usually pro China but will respond to rational argument. I don't think he's active anymore.

Old 01-11-2021, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Ok. So you're not disputing my point that you're either cool with whatever China's government is doing, or you don't feel comfortable criticizing the Chinese government. I think it's the former considering the way you're throwing a fit now.
Wrong again.
(1) I would criticize all fake news or biased reports. I criticized a lot of things unrelated to China.
(2) I also criticize China government frequently (almost every day), but more on Chinese language forums and not so much on this forum. Why? Because this forum is biased against China already, and my major contribution is to correct their bias and misinformation.
(3) Many so-called anti-CCP people here actually hate Chinese people. Just scroll your web browser and you will see it. For those haters, there is no need to be rational. Just fight them all the time.

Old 01-11-2021, 03:42 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,884,085 times
Quote:
I'll consider it. I do try to leave a few people from the opposing side on my feed so I don't only get content from within my bubble. There was someone here named Boticcelie who's usually pro China but will respond to rational argument. I don't think he's active anymore.
That's good to have opposing views, but there are a few here, they aren't here to give a balanced or rational argument. They have an agenda already - defend the PRC.

You can tell, some don't post in any other forum or on any other area of interest except to defend anything that appears in this forum that might by anti-PRC. Do they have hobbies, interests, questions? Are they here to help other posters relating to relocation or travel or history? Not that it's our business, but it gives a clue - a balanced view comes for a balanced interest, something to indicate you are here in CityData to contribute and for a reason other than simply "defend PRC".

The one I put on ignore is here with a single agenda and I found it no longer worthwhile to read his or her comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia