Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 10:50 AM

7,116 posts, read 11,410,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
only after due process

HK is different. THey're fighting red northies trying to erase their way of life. It wu vs wei and pooh bear is cao cao
Meh, I was always a Shu-Han guy myself....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2021, 11:21 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,515,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
Meh, I was always a Shu-Han guy myself....

Liu bei was weak. ZHuge liang carried shu and they never let Zhao Yun do anything. SHould have been Zhuge's back up.

Old 01-08-2021, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Liu bei was weak. ZHuge liang carried shu and they never let Zhao Yun do anything. SHould have been Zhuge's back up.
Compassion, feality and modesty made him a hero and model for other great warriors, like the Five Tiger Generals, to follow.When push came to shove, Liu Bei was just as willing as the others to break eggs, the stories just make him morally conflicted, or forced to take action by outside forces, to keep his reputation as the reluctant "ruler" intact.

Outside of the stories, Shu-Han is still my favorite of the three. A minor warlord for sale type like Liu Bei breaking through and becoming one of "the big three" at a late point in his life was a monumental (and very lucky) accomplishment.

Old 01-08-2021, 01:29 PM

671 posts, read 319,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
Compassion, feality and modesty made him a hero and model for other great warriors, like the Five Tiger Generals, to follow.When push came to shove, Liu Bei was just as willing as the others to break eggs, the stories just make him morally conflicted, or forced to take action by outside forces, to keep his reputation as the reluctant "ruler" intact.

Outside of the stories, Shu-Han is still my favorite of the three. A minor warlord for sale type like Liu Bei breaking through and becoming one of "the big three" at a late point in his life was a monumental (and very lucky) accomplishment.

no, it's actually very common in chinese history, and it was first done by his distant ancestor. Liu bang was a thug security guard out of no where and beat chu to establish the han dynasty.

while liu bei and liu bang have many things in common, the biggest difference the quality of their son. liu bang have two sons that strengthen the han power and helped to build a great dynasty, while liu bei's son is useless and the phrase still being used today to say someone is no where near the person as his father.

Old 01-08-2021, 02:51 PM

WU all the way.

They were just minding their own business.

I think Zhou Yu could have done great things if he lived

Old 01-08-2021, 03:21 PM

Quote:
WU all the way.

They were just minding their own business.

I think Zhou Yu could have done great things if he lived
no, wu started with just one city (wu), then they conquered the rest of vest area of the south. there is no "minding their own business" in those times, every warlord wants conquest.

anyways, I suggest you read up more on the 3 kingdom period's entire history, not just the particular short period of time where all three is at the peak of its power after the red cliff battle.

Old 01-08-2021, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maomao View Post
no, wu started with just one city (wu), then they conquered the rest of vest area of the south. there is no "minding their own business" in those times, every warlord wants conquest.

anyways, I suggest you read up more on the 3 kingdom period's entire history, not just the particular short period of time where all three is at the peak of its power after the red cliff battle.

they only started because everyone else did

Old 01-08-2021, 03:45 PM

Quote:
they only started because everyone else did
no, they had been battling with various factions of the south for years. you see, the 3 kingdom did not became 3 kingdom on day one, it was 20-30 mini kingdoms and they battle each other for years to get to the final 3

Old 01-09-2021, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maomao View Post
no, it's actually very common in chinese history, and it was first done by his distant ancestor. Liu bang was a thug security guard out of no where and beat chu to establish the han dynasty.

while liu bei and liu bang have many things in common, the biggest difference the quality of their son. liu bang have two sons that strengthen the han power and helped to build a great dynasty, while liu bei's son is useless and the phrase still being used today to say someone is no where near the person as his father.
Little O-Tou was in way over his head. His highlight of ROTK was being rescued as an infant by Zhou Yun. What is the expression again? I knew it at some point, but have forgotten. Even with precident, Liu Bei's rise is impressive to this non-Chinese dude who loves the book.

For me, the most interesting period is the time up to Red Cliffs. After Liu Bei's conquest of Yi, the story bogs down IMO. So, I guess I like the warlord period more than the actual "Three Kingdoms."

Old 01-10-2021, 01:20 AM

IF shu was so great, why couldn't they beat wei?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia