Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 09:50 AM

50,796 posts, read 24,310,427 times

Advertisements

You seem a little obsessed about this.

Old 04-05-2021, 12:21 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,477,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post

indeed

Old 04-05-2021, 01:07 PM

136 posts, read 129,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
It just that when I seen some people with this attitude/ideology....(both on the internet and real life)

"ohh look at those guys, they are wearing similar costume and having similar culture/religion. They must have the same origin/root, they must physically looks the same and has similar genetic too"

It always made me think of how ignorant these people are...(and it's quite annoying too).

These people are all about "stereotypes, stereotypes and stereotypes"(without actually having in-depth knowledge about what they are stereotyping).

Old 04-05-2021, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
indeed
You probably thinking that the Turk, Pakistani, Indonesian, Malaysian, Arabs are all representing and resemble each other?(all of them are having Islamic culture, which according to "your logic" culture is what made people related?)

You probably think all of them shared the same origin/root/history?

You probably think that all of them physically looks the same, shared the same genetic?

You probably think that all of them understand each other and speaking similar language?

Old 04-05-2021, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhotunKhan View Post
You probably thinking that the Turk, Pakistani, Indonesian, Malaysian, Arabs are all representing and resemble each other?(all of them are having Islamic culture, which according to "your logic" culture is what made people related?)

You probably think all of them shared the same origin/root/history?

You probably think that all of them physically looks the same, shared the same genetic?

You probably think that all of them understand each other and speaking similar language?

https://youtu.be/9tbCHwmCRQA?t=104

Old 04-05-2021, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
Lol, that is extremely ignorant.....

Not all Asian looks the same....
Not all European looks the same....
Not all Islamic nations looks the same.....

Stop "stereotyping", okay?

Last edited by KhotunKhan; 04-05-2021 at 02:43 PM..

Old 04-05-2021, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhotunKhan View Post
Lol, that is extremely ignorant.....

Not all Asian looks the same....
Not all European looks the same....
Not all Islamic nations looks the same.....

Stop "stereotyping", okay?

ok

busta wolf!

Old 04-05-2021, 09:13 PM

1,117 posts, read 842,891 times
From what I've seen in both countries, Thais and Filipinos generally have the same range of looks. Thais are the only people that I regularly mistake as Filipinos. Indonesians would probably be like that too, but I don't really see them ever.

The differences are:

-Thailand has a much larger Chinese-mixed population. Many (most?) Filipinos are mixed with Chinese, but not to the extent that Thais are.

-Thais have more South Asian (Indian) admixture. Filipinos have ancient Indian admixture, but not as much as Thais.

-The Philippines has a larger black native population, and most Filipinos have some admixture from those tribes. Thailand has one native black tribe- the Mani in Southern Thailand. The Philippines has over 30 black tribes scattered throughout the country, and they have a cultural impact on many of the largest festivals in the Philippines.

-The Philippines has a larger mestizo/Eurasian population from the Spanish and the Americans, though they're a minority. Thailand is also developing a Eurasian minority, but they're much more recent, and most are just first-generation mixes (one foreign parent and one Thai parent). In the Philippines, you'll find 3rd, 4th, and even 5th generation Eurasian families who still look European.

But overall, I find that most Thais and Filipinos look identical

Old 04-06-2021, 09:14 AM

50,796 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
From what I've seen in both countries, Thais and Filipinos generally have the same range of looks. Thais are the only people that I regularly mistake as Filipinos. Indonesians would probably be like that too, but I don't really see them ever.

The differences are:

-Thailand has a much larger Chinese-mixed population. Many (most?) Filipinos are mixed with Chinese, but not to the extent that Thais are.

-Thais have more South Asian (Indian) admixture. Filipinos have ancient Indian admixture, but not as much as Thais.

-The Philippines has a larger black native population, and most Filipinos have some admixture from those tribes. Thailand has one native black tribe- the Mani in Southern Thailand. The Philippines has over 30 black tribes scattered throughout the country, and they have a cultural impact on many of the largest festivals in the Philippines.

-The Philippines has a larger mestizo/Eurasian population from the Spanish and the Americans, though they're a minority. Thailand is also developing a Eurasian minority, but they're much more recent, and most are just first-generation mixes (one foreign parent and one Thai parent). In the Philippines, you'll find 3rd, 4th, and even 5th generation Eurasian families who still look European.

But overall, I find that most Thais and Filipinos look identical
I don't see that at all. I mean not at all.

Old 04-06-2021, 10:38 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,889,316 times
What kinda surprised me about the Philippines is that they have a significant Indian population throughout most of the islands. Also seems like many Indians are involved in money lending business perhaps even verging on loan sharking which may or not be legal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.