Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 12:56 AM

136 posts, read 131,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
waste time to serve your comments !! I will look stupid like you

because it will not run out to comment with you who are too obsessed with being Chinese ... make your country as province of China it's better because it will people's in ur country looks like Chinese

bye
If you look back into the history Thai/Tai/Dai(Tai-kadai) people were historically and genetically East Asian.But no, they weren't Han-Chinese. Han-Chinese people were originated much further North than the Thai/Tai/Dai(Tai-kadai) people. Han-Chineses were originated nearby Korean and Manchurian around the Yellow river delta, on another hand Thai/Tai/Dai(Tai-kadai) people were originated near Yangtze river in the South.

Vietnamese was originally been living in Southeast Asia for at least over 4500 years now.

On another hand Thai/Tai(Tai-kadai) people didn't migrates into Sourtheast Asia until much later in the history, which is 700-1000 years ago(10 to 13 century) during the Mongol expansion of Asia.

There are a few different time period I need to point out here....

Source of Information.
https://www.timemaps.com/history/china-2500bc/

1. 4500 years ago

The Han-Chinese used to lives further north before they push South.

2. 3500 years ago

Han-Chinese was originated near Korea and Manchuria. The areas of Southern China wasn't originally belong to them.

3. 2200 years ago

They continue to expand Southward and invades Southern Yangtze lands from Thai/Tai(Tai-kadai) people as well other Baiyue people who also lived there too.

4. 2100 years ago

The Han dynasty finally reached South lands which belong to Baiyue people.

Thai/Tai ancestors chosen to abandon the land and starts to migrates Westward into the mountains/high land areas(refused to be occupied by the Han-Chinese).

Vietnamese ancestors chosen to continue to lives on their land(and accepted the occupation of the Han-Chinese) and this is when the Han-Chinese colonizer starts to "brainwash" the local Vietnamese to starts practice the Sinosphere(Confucianism) culture.

The occupation of Han-Chinese will continue non stop for another 1000 years until Vietnam was able to gain it's independence.

5. Thai/Tai(Tai-kadai) people continues to stayed in the mountainous areas of Southern China for another 1000 years and didn't migrates into Southeast Asia until around 10-13 century(700 to 1000 years ago).

Here is a video that uses map to explains about all of the historical events in Asia which included migration/rise of power/fall of power of all civilization in Asia started since 3000 BC (5000 years ago) up until 2019. (Everything I am talking about until now are exactly corresponds to this)

6. Thai/Tai people were always independent from the Han-Chinese and never been "directly occupied" by them. Everytime when the Northern Han invasion comes, Thai/Tai people will always abandon the land and move forward to find the next land(which finally caused them to end up here in Thailand today).

Vietnam and it's people were "directly occupied" as a province of the Han-Chinese empire for 1000 years. Vietnamese people always "insisted" to stay where they are on their own land and refuses to move away when the invasion forces comes(the Vietnamese still where they are today, even after 4500 years has passed). Vietnam was occupied by the Han dynasty and weren't able to gain it's independence until the collapse of the Tang dynasty.

So what is the conclusion do we have here??

Basically any people you see in Vietnam today who may "look like Chinese" are basically the descendants of the Han-Chinese from 1000 years occupation of Vietnam.

They are technically Chinese-Vietnamese (Chinese ethnic whom were born in Vietnam), not the real/pure/original Vietnamese ethnic.

Real original Vietnamese wouldn't look any different from the local Mon-Khmer/Austro-Asiantic tribes, because they were living next to each other in Southeast Asia for at least over 4500 years

And Vietnamese are also considered to be an Austro-Asiantic race which is the similar family to the Mon-Khmer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2021, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
waste time to serve your comments !! I will look stupid like you

because it will not run out to comment with you who are too obsessed with being Chinese ... make your country as province of China it's better because it will people's in ur country looks like Chinese

bye
This basically bought back this topic.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/asia...specially.html

It made me wondering why most Filipino, Indonesian and Malaysian usually uses the term "Chinese face" to describe someone with East Asian phenotype (yellow skin, monolid eyes, straight hair)?

It quite "disrespectful" to uses the term "Chinese looks/face" as a generalized term, because there are multiple ethnicites in Asia that shared this type of physical appearance of yellow skin, monolid eyes, straight hair but they aren't ethnically Han(Chineses).

The more widely acceptable and universally respectful term that we all should be using is "East Asian face".

It's like using the term "Malay face" as a generalized term to call anyone who look Southeast Asian.

Old 04-20-2021, 10:34 AM

51,010 posts, read 24,507,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhotunKhan View Post
Why don't you ask this guy of why is he keep making random claims out of his own ideology non stop?

He keep making this "stupid misleading statements".....

I asked him to show proofs to back up his statements/claims multiple times already, but have you ever seen any scientific or historical proofs from him at all?

Nope.... It's none..... He never show us any.

Me: "Trying to tell him to make constructive arguments and debates based on historical or scientific proofs"

Him: "Nah...I don't care about any of the scientific or historical proofs, I am just here to trolls based my own ideology of what I think is right"
I asked you a question. I suggest you focus on answering it.

Old 04-20-2021, 10:46 AM

It seems to me that you (OP) are promoting just exactly what SE Asia doesn't need -- division.

Yes, it's fine to practice and admire the sub-cultures of Thailand and the other countries of the region. Culture is important.

But overemphasizing it brings about division, culture clash, and even war.

It seems to me that the Thai nation as a whole is more important than all the individual factions within it. The red shirts have certainly proven that, and done irreparable disgrace to the nation.

Old 04-20-2021, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
It seems to me that you (OP) are promoting just exactly what SE Asia doesn't need -- division.

Yes, it's fine to practice and admire the sub-cultures of Thailand and the other countries of the region. Culture is important.

But overemphasizing it brings about division, culture clash, and even war.

It seems to me that the Thai nation as a whole is more important than all the individual factions within it. The red shirts have certainly proven that, and done irreparable disgrace to the nation.
I am just pointing out of what are the ethnicity composition of Thailand today. Because there are a lot of foreigner who tent to misunderstood/misconcepted the indentity of which ethnicity is which.

I am here just to pointing out of how to differenciate the identity of each ethnicity within the border of Thailand.

Because not all ethnicities in Thailand are the same. Each ethnicity carry the history of their own ancestor's origin from many different places, but all of them ended up in this land today(But the Thai/Tai/Dai(Tai-kadai) is proven to be the biggest ethnic group of Thailand today, made up around 70% of the population).

Old 04-21-2021, 07:46 AM

Quote:
I am just pointing out of what are the ethnicity composition of Thailand today. Because there are a lot of foreigner who tent to misunderstood/misconcepted the indentity of which ethnicity is which.

I am here just to pointing out of how to differenciate the identity of each ethnicity within the border of Thailand.

Because not all ethnicities in Thailand are the same. Each ethnicity carry the history of their own ancestor's origin from many different places, but all of them ended up in this land today(But the Thai/Tai/Dai(Tai-kadai) is proven to be the biggest ethnic group of Thailand today, made up around 70% of the population).
My criticism stands.

Old 07-09-2021, 07:06 AM

1,002 posts, read 912,875 times
Quote:

even Western People think "KEBAYA" Indonesian Traditional Clothes is are Japanese or Chinese or Taiwanese Clothes and say the Clothes ia very Asian. and may some from them not know where Indonesia is located

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh30FplBUiM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia