Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2021, 11:52 PM

8,883 posts, read 8,515,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
Let's review in a maybe 3 weeks..
Excuse me? You are the one calling shots about healthcare collapse and trash standard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2021, 11:55 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,833,920 times
Pandemics is always a long haul battle..

Old 05-27-2021, 11:59 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,098,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Funny that you bring up Denmark. Denmark's fatality rate is amongst the lowest in the world.
Denmark is number 87 of 222, hardly among the lowest in the world.

Of course Taiwan performance is still good. I just pointed out that by this summer, Taiwan is not going to be the best anymore.

You have been boasting about Taiwan having the best performance for the last year, and making up predictions that I will soon end up in lockdown again. Seems like the tables have turned.

Old 05-28-2021, 12:01 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,833,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post

Of course Taiwan performance is still good. I just point it out that they are not the best anymore, because you have been boasting about Taiwan performance for the last year.
What do you think of Singapore's battle against covid so far. ?

Old 05-28-2021, 12:04 AM

Quote:
I mean case fatality rate, not overall death rate. Case fatality rate is less than 1% in Denmark, which is very low.

Quote:
Of course Taiwan performance is still good. I just point it out that they are not the best anymore, because you have been boasting about Taiwan performance for the last year.
Everyone was boasting about Taiwan's performance until this month.

Old 05-28-2021, 12:08 AM

Quote:
I think Singapore has a done a very good job, with the exception of protecting migrant workers.

Old 05-28-2021, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
I mean case fatality rate, not overall death rate. Case fatality rate is less than 1% in Denmark, which is very low.
That is why I used Denmark as an example. They have done a lot of testing and I feel that I can trust their numbers to not be underreported.

In their first wave, they had similar number of deaths as Taiwan, and ended up with around 600 deaths by summer. Taiwan will at least get similar numbers and it could be worse if the current measures are not enough.

Old 05-28-2021, 12:15 AM

Quote:
How insecure are you? Do you need a medal?

Quote:
That is why I used Denmark as an example. They have done a lot of testing and I feel that I can trust their numbers to not be underreported.
And Denmark's case fatality rate is one of the lowest.

Old 05-28-2021, 05:19 AM

1,136 posts, read 535,639 times
Singapore, Phillippines and other Southeast Asian countries imported some Chinese made medical equipments and vaccines unlike governments strongly allied with the US.

In Taiwan, the KMT mayors do not refuse Mainland Chinese goods unlike the ruling DPP.

The conflicts between opposing parties in taiwan are too much. This is bad for a place affected by a pandemic.

The number of cases in Taiwan is now too big, contact tracing is now difficult.

They should have prepared in advance more hospital equipments and beds before possible large outbreaks.

Large outbreaks are best mitigated by lockdowns. Lost of freedom temporarily can lead to decreasing patients and better healthcare for patients. Mainland China, New Zealand and Australia used lockdowns to effectively control the spread. Most other places had larger outbreaks last year, now having experience unlike Taiwan without the same experience before.

Last edited by Tomboy-; 05-28-2021 at 05:59 AM..

Old 05-28-2021, 08:18 PM

672 posts, read 320,853 times
OP, I don't know why you would want to wake up the 1450 army, just let them die by their own choice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia