Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2022, 10:43 PM

8,863 posts, read 8,434,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Are there that much lockdowns in Taiwan? Usually to almost always the exact case rate stayed extremely low to even zero.
There was a soft lockdown for about two months from May to July in 2021, before that or since then no.

I mean the border is likely to open in a couple of months. By September or so it should be back to normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2022, 04:06 AM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 2 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,912,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
There was a soft lockdown for about two months from May to July in 2021, before that or since then no.

I mean the border is likely to open in a couple of months. By September or so it should be back to normal.
Maybe wasn't that bad for the Taiwanese then in their own home country. Only for the Foreign tourists that wanted to enter. Same with Japan.

Australia is probably the only place the nationals COULDN'T LEAVE for tourism in other countries. 2020, 2021. Talk about bad luck. No Asian country stayed that oppressive.

New York City had a 7 MONTHS LOCKDOWN May to October 2020. Ugh, felt so boring. Dealt with a one month lockdown in South Korea Late December 2020 to Middle January 2021. Restaurants were open while Cafes were the ones closed. Stayed over there much longer than expected just to have the country without that issue. No regret. Got in on more than 15 Coffeehouses throughout the country in Seoul, Busan, Sokcho.

Didn't even have to wear a Face mask with India. In Malaysia, I do. Don't want to. But, looks like no other choice. And need My Sejahtera app on mobile device only in the Malls.

In South Korea, Luxury Hotel Swimming Pools was closed. In addition to Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner Buffets. Just because of the virus. That rule better have changed. Without these restrictions for India, Malaysia. Opened much later. Although, less double standards. I love how South Korea still opened EXTREMELY EARLY June 2020. What a perfect governing system.

Hopefully, Taiwan didn't ever lose any of the best Hotels, and Hostels. Especially the affordable ones. Unfortunately, maybe some of them. NYC lost 1/3 of the past room accommodation options. Although, New York City Hotels ARE EXPENSIVE OVERPRICED. Taiwan probably still has cheaper ones than NYC. Pretty much all of mainland Asia(Even Japan) is superior to most of Western Europe, NYC with the Hotels below $80 USD.

Old 06-09-2022, 10:04 PM

8,863 posts, read 8,434,218 times
Shanghai to Lock Down Parts of City Again as Virus Fears Return

Old 06-10-2022, 06:58 AM

48 posts, read 28,547 times
I miss the China of 2016 and earlier.

Old 06-14-2022, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrassGuy View Post
I miss the China of 2016 and earlier.
Yes, 100% right. There is also 2017, 2018, 2019. Some of the best years ever for mainland Asia. (2003-2019) Don't know why the Pandemic virus even happened. Absolutely zero reasons.

Old 06-14-2022, 08:05 AM

Exact entry rules for Thailand ended up relatively easy, and fast compared to 1 or 2 years ago, especially:
https://www.tatnews.org/2022/05/thai...-requirements/
1. Only need to fill out this form: https://tp.consular.go.th/ to successfully obtain the Thailand Pass code. Print record or have on cell phone before arriving to the airport. Processing is at least 1-2 hours after finishing sign up for the item. So, please get this done like 24 hours+ before the airplane flight! Not at reception check in! Probably going to be too late!
2. Get minimal health insurance no less than $10,000 coverage for only $7 to $30 USD:
https://www.insubuy.com/
*Click on bottom right to get Medical insurance Quote on Live Chat function right during typical office hours.
Got it for only $19 for almost one month.
3. Have Vaccine record Card. Get fully Vaccinated if you didn't already. Then, no Quarantine is required.

Thailand is OPEN! Same for India, Malaysia, Singapore. Not difficult to go over there at this point. Even in relation to South Korea!

Last edited by ; 06-14-2022 at 08:16 AM..

Old 06-28-2022, 02:56 AM

1,136 posts, read 523,712 times
Macau is being locked again.
Let their economy fail. Good news.

Old 07-02-2022, 09:03 PM

1,136 posts, read 523,712 times
China doesn't need to reopen as fast as other countries because international tourism is not very important to the economy.

Old 07-02-2022, 09:23 PM

11,402 posts, read 5,955,356 times
Well, there goes the world economy.

We are heading toward a deep recession as a result of actions against soaring inflation in the face of a weak underlying economy. Add in all of the world problems with trade, and we are in serious trouble.

We are threading a needle, and one false move and this ends in a deflationary depression like the 1930s. Things are that bad. I know I am not prepared to relive the '30s. I don't know about the rest of you all.

Old 09-20-2022, 07:34 PM

3,602 posts, read 2,303,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Maybe wasn't that bad for the Taiwanese then in their own home country. Only for the Foreign tourists that wanted to enter. Same with Japan.

Australia is probably the only place the nationals COULDN'T LEAVE for tourism in other countries. 2020, 2021. Talk about bad luck. No Asian country stayed that oppressive.

New York City had a 7 MONTHS LOCKDOWN May to October 2020. Ugh, felt so boring. Dealt with a one month lockdown in South Korea Late December 2020 to Middle January 2021. Restaurants were open while Cafes were the ones closed. Stayed over there much longer than expected just to have the country without that issue. No regret. Got in on more than 15 Coffeehouses throughout the country in Seoul, Busan, Sokcho.

Didn't even have to wear a Face mask with India. In Malaysia, I do. Don't want to. But, looks like no other choice. And need My Sejahtera app on mobile device only in the Malls.

In South Korea, Luxury Hotel Swimming Pools was closed. In addition to Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner Buffets. Just because of the virus. That rule better have changed. Without these restrictions for India, Malaysia. Opened much later. Although, less double standards. I love how South Korea still opened EXTREMELY EARLY June 2020. What a perfect governing system.

Hopefully, Taiwan didn't ever lose any of the best Hotels, and Hostels. Especially the affordable ones. Unfortunately, maybe some of them. NYC lost 1/3 of the past room accommodation options. Although, New York City Hotels ARE EXPENSIVE OVERPRICED. Taiwan probably still has cheaper ones than NYC. Pretty much all of mainland Asia(Even Japan) is superior to most of Western Europe, NYC with the Hotels below $80 USD.
You realise the reason Australians could not leave for tourism? Because we were required to quarantine on our return in a hotel. Even when we had to pay, it did not cover the whole cost, and taxpayers have had to pay vast quantities of money for all the other Covid supports. Without subsidising the cost of people going on tourist trips.

This policy has been extremely popular. The number of deaths here is still under 15,000 and thankfully most young people were supportive of these policies which protected the health of the older generations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia