Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2021, 03:23 AM

671 posts, read 315,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord2008 View Post
You think that, as a village guy, if they went to the nearest city, they can find a woman? Most women in cities either have a rural hukou and want to marry a city hukou man, or they have city hukou but want to marry a man with money if the man has a rural hukou. This all depends on what tier and size of the city is, but still, if it's the big 4, those men are physically there there for money, entertainment, and woman, but they can't get the woman, they are second class citizens there and don't even exist there. By the time they are in their late thirties and still not rich enough, it's over for them. And right now there are many unmarried men in their 40s going back to the villages to take care of their aging parents.

There's a surplus of 40 million men in China that's of marriage age, there are numerous sources out there, if your thinking is that there isn't a sex imbalance, and this is not an issue, then you should really talk to more people in China, or at least the lowest level men. They are people also. No woman will marry them just because they're a nice guy or he's funny. Money talks. In the end as time passes those 40 million men will never find wives and they pass away. 40 million is a huge number. They can go to the cities and enjoy life, but without much money there's no way out of it. Once dating starts or marriage is in discussion, and men can't pay up, it's over. A woman will not take less that what the market is.
lol, are you serious? if a woman that is in her late 30s and still can't find any man, then it's over for her.

man have market as long as they have the money, age is not a factor at all.

yes there is gender imbalance, and it created other social problems. But in the case of people finding partners, it actually helps woman that are less desirable to have a shot at finding a man.

do you know this chinese saying? man at 40 is a flower, woman at 40 is tea leaf that are destined to the trash can
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2021, 05:18 AM

1,098 posts, read 445,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maomao View Post
lol, are you serious? if a woman that is in her late 30s and still can't find any man, then it's over for her.

man have market as long as they have the money, age is not a factor at all.
Yes, its over for rural hukou men if they hit their late 30's, and still poor. The more they get older, the more money they must have to get a woman that can still have kids. The chance for them to get rich is super low from then on. Their prime working years where they can work fast is gone, and many places don't hire someone after they hit 45. Whatever savings they have they probably don't want to risk it to open some sort of business, if that fails and they lose all that life savings, they are toast for retirement. If they're like 28 and open a business, and it fails when they're 30, they can still recover and work to save up.

If you were to talk about the whole China, then yes, a average male can get married now. But the bottom 40 million can't. I'm not sure what the percentage is 40 million, it could be the bottom 15-20% of men will never get married. But still, 40 million is alot, but the percentage is not due to the population of China. Abolishing the hukou might help, but that will have unintended consequences.

Old 10-25-2021, 09:03 PM

10,300 posts, read 6,832,149 times
Talking Freud is strong with this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Uh, if you think that there is any similarity between the situation in China and anywhere else, you're nuts.

Going to the city and getting educated is super. It won't make an adequate number of women appear out of nowhere.

Getting a wife is expensive I guess -aure. but paying 500k RMB/$80K USD just for the privilege of marrying a woman with stipulations, without considering living expenses, a house, etc, is crazy. The situation is really, really bad, and there's no way to swing it otherwise. There are tens of millions of men who will never marry or even have a meaningfuk relationship.
LOL, You said it!!!

Old 10-25-2021, 09:09 PM

10,300 posts, read 6,832,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
If anything this just means the Goebbels Times should offer maomao a job for their content lmao.
What do George & Alice have to do with this?

Old 10-26-2021, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Yes, its over for rural hukou men if they hit their late 30's, and still poor. The more they get older, the more money they must have to get a woman that can still have kids. The chance for them to get rich is super low from then on. Their prime working years where they can work fast is gone, and many places don't hire someone after they hit 45. Whatever savings they have they probably don't want to risk it to open some sort of business, if that fails and they lose all that life savings, they are toast for retirement. If they're like 28 and open a business, and it fails when they're 30, they can still recover and work to save up.

If you were to talk about the whole China, then yes, a average male can get married now. But the bottom 40 million can't. I'm not sure what the percentage is 40 million, it could be the bottom 15-20% of men will never get married. But still, 40 million is alot, but the percentage is not due to the population of China. Abolishing the hukou might help, but that will have unintended consequences.
well, the bottom 15-20% of our society are either in jail, on welfare, or hustling somewhere. they have others stuff to worry about before worrying about marriage.

then again, the bottom 15-20% of men will marry the bottom 15-20% of woman who are undesirable.

are you male or female? man's prime years are 40 to 60. but you said it's over for any man who's entering their prime years? which part of the world are you from?

Old 10-26-2021, 12:49 PM

1,098 posts, read 445,672 times
Quote:
well, the bottom 15-20% of our society are either in jail, on welfare, or hustling somewhere. they have others stuff to worry about before worrying about marriage.

then again, the bottom 15-20% of men will marry the bottom 15-20% of woman who are undesirable.

are you male or female? man's prime years are 40 to 60. but you said it's over for any man who's entering their prime years? which part of the world are you from?

Your describing the rest of the world, while I'm describing China. You just changed places to be technically right. I do believe your just trolling everyone here, and I'm not going to waste my energy to prove anything beyond this.

China's bottom 15-20% of males are not getting a wife no matter that they do to get richer. There's is no welfare in China. 40 million men are not in jail in China right now.

China's bottom 15-20% of women will most likely get married to someone because there's a lack of women. A undesirable wife is better than no wife.

Prime years is different in different countries. A rural hukou guy in China who doesn't have a pension, retirement, will not take much risks to open a business in their late 30s. There is just too much risk and anyone who is 45+ in China without much education will have a real hard time finding employment. 40-60 is not prime years for rural men. They have parents to take care of, lack of wife, money. They can't just open a restaurant or street food cart and magically become rich enough to get a wife.

I take it that your Chinese from your other post, your born in a city, and you absolutely know what I'm talking about. Had you been born in a rural setting and male, I'm sure you will still struggle to find a wife as of right now. For any rural guy, it's extremely hard to get rich, even if you beat the odds and went to college.

Last edited by accord2008; 10-26-2021 at 01:14 PM..

Old 10-26-2021, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Your describing the rest of the world, while I'm describing China. You just changed places to be technically right. I do believe your just trolling everyone here, and I'm not going to waste my energy to prove anything beyond this.

China's bottom 15-20% of males are not getting a wife no matter that they do to get richer. There's is no welfare in China. 40 million men are not in jail in China right now.

China's bottom 15-20% of women will most likely get married to someone because there's a lack of women. A undesirable wife is better than no wife.

Prime years is different in different countries. A rural hukou guy in China who doesn't have a pension, retirement, will not take much risks to open a business in their late 30s. There is just too much risk and anyone who is 45+ in China without much education will have a real hard time finding employment. 40-60 is not prime years for rural men. They have parents to take care of, lack of wife, money. They can't just open a restaurant or street food cart and magically become rich enough to get a wife.

I take it that your Chinese from your other post, your born in a city, and you absolutely know what I'm talking about. Had you been born in a rural setting and male, I'm sure you will still struggle to find a wife as of right now. For any rural guy, it's extremely hard to get rich, even if you beat the odds and went to college.
no, the top 50% man do not want bottom 15-20% woman no matter what.

you're labeling and generalizing way too much. are we talking about bottom 15-20% man in china, or a man living in rural china? that's a completely different concept.

you're generalizing that all of the woman in china and all of the man in china in a single pool for marriage selection, but it never works like that.

it works more like this, the bottom 15-20% man can only get to marry the bottom 15-20% woman most of the time. think about it, those people are bottom 15-20% for reasons that are not related to their gender.

now due to the gender in balance, there are way more bottom 15-20% man than bottom 15-20% woman.
but my argument, is that, if man are on the bottom 15-20%, there are way higher priorities in changing their life and moving up than to find a wife and have kids.

think about it, if you are a bottom 15-20% man living in rural china, do you really want to marry and stay in the rural village for life? or would you rather go to the city and move up? you may not get there until you are older, but that's what a man does right? man up and build a career first before ever thinking about finding a wife.

no woman (even the bottom 1% ones) wants to marry a bottom 15-20% man any where, especially the chinese woman these days.

Old 10-26-2021, 09:04 PM

37,135 posts, read 39,380,764 times
Quote:
no, the top 50% man do not want bottom 15-20% woman no matter what.

you're labeling and generalizing way too much. are we talking about bottom 15-20% man in china, or a man living in rural china? that's a completely different concept.

you're generalizing that all of the woman in china and all of the man in china in a single pool for marriage selection, but it never works like that.

it works more like this, the bottom 15-20% man can only get to marry the bottom 15-20% woman most of the time. think about it, those people are bottom 15-20% for reasons that are not related to their gender.

now due to the gender in balance, there are way more bottom 15-20% man than bottom 15-20% woman.
but my argument, is that, if man are on the bottom 15-20%, there are way higher priorities in changing their life and moving up than to find a wife and have kids.

think about it, if you are a bottom 15-20% man living in rural china, do you really want to marry and stay in the rural village for life? or would you rather go to the city and move up? you may not get there until you are older, but that's what a man does right? man up and build a career first before ever thinking about finding a wife.

no woman (even the bottom 1% ones) wants to marry a bottom 15-20% man any where, especially the chinese woman these days.

This doesn't make much sense in terms of being relevant to anything unless the gender ratio imbalance were either very small or were specific to only the bottom bracket. However, that's not how it's working out at all.

Old 10-26-2021, 09:39 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,442,533 times
There really is no point responding to maomao. Just put him on ignore and let him talk to himself.

Old 10-27-2021, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
This doesn't make much sense in terms of being relevant to anything unless the gender ratio imbalance were either very small or were specific to only the bottom bracket. However, that's not how it's working out at all.
feel free to explain your reasoning then, just saying "it doesn't make much sense" and "that's not how it's working out at all" isn't all that convincing.

I'm simply pointing out to OP that his "bottom 15 to 20% man in china not getting a wife" and then blaming the system or gender in balance, not realizing that the top 80% of man has to deal with the exact same things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia