Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2021, 08:34 AM

37,135 posts, read 39,394,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maomao View Post
feel free to explain your reasoning then, just saying "it doesn't make much sense" and "that's not how it's working out at all" isn't all that convincing.

I'm simply pointing out to OP that his "bottom 15 to 20% man in china not getting a wife" and then blaming the system or gender in balance, not realizing that the top 80% of man has to deal with the exact same things.

I would, but either I don't understand what you're saying or you haven't communicated what your argument is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2021, 08:29 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,444,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I would, but either I don't understand what you're saying or you haven't communicated what your argument is.
Or maomao is obviously a tankie and a **** and we should all just ignore him.

Old 11-02-2021, 04:21 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,474,875 times
It has always been expensive t o get a wife in traditional society-
In ancient Rome,noble women have a higher chance of cervical cancer as only the rich family can afford to find their son a wife,usually 13- 15 years old,and younger women having sex too early tend to have cervical cancer later in life.

Old 11-04-2021, 12:48 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,756,796 times
In urban areas, there is often no "bride price" if both families have "middle class" background.
NONE of my cousins paid anything to get married.

However, the man is often expected to own an apartment, or at least have the down payment ready.

Old 11-04-2021, 02:16 AM

1,100 posts, read 446,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
In urban areas, there is often no "bride price" if both families have "middle class" background.
NONE of my cousins paid anything to get married.

However, the man is often expected to own an apartment, or at least have the down payment ready.
Yes, as long as family background is similar and everything else matches up. A apartment is still alot of money to buy, even in much lower tier cities. Many small cities with population of 300K still costs 400K RMB for a place close to city center and at least 55 sq meters.

The biggest losers is the rural hukou men. Yes, they can save a lifetime and buy a tiny run down apartment in a small city and change their hukou to that city, but they still will have a hard time getting a wife if he doesn't have a good job. Or they can buy a apartment in a zhen, change their hukou to there, but many of those places doesn't have jobs and young people go out to find jobs, so it defeats the purpose of getting a wife. Only elderly folks and grandkids are there.

China is really big, but in the end 40 million men will not get wives. It's a big problem

Old 11-23-2021, 12:40 PM

459 posts, read 699,151 times
I guess this is a case of reaping what you sow. Chinese men better start getting their game on and looking elsewhere.

I hear Ukraine has the reverse issue

Old 11-23-2021, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulok View Post
I guess this is a case of reaping what you sow. Chinese men better start getting their game on and looking elsewhere.

I hear Ukraine has the reverse issue
Nowadays people divorce a lot too. So one women does not match only one man....
In many Chinese provinces, there are more divorced couples than married couples each year.

Old 11-23-2021, 02:11 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,889,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accord2008 View Post
Yes, as long as family background is similar and everything else matches up. A apartment is still alot of money to buy, even in much lower tier cities. Many small cities with population of 300K still costs 400K RMB for a place close to city center and at least 55 sq meters.

The biggest losers is the rural hukou men. Yes, they can save a lifetime and buy a tiny run down apartment in a small city and change their hukou to that city, but they still will have a hard time getting a wife if he doesn't have a good job. Or they can buy a apartment in a zhen, change their hukou to there, but many of those places doesn't have jobs and young people go out to find jobs, so it defeats the purpose of getting a wife. Only elderly folks and grandkids are there.

China is really big, but in the end 40 million men will not get wives. It's a big problem

And the rise of prostitution all across China in the big cities and rural areas.

Old 11-23-2021, 07:54 PM

1,100 posts, read 446,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
And the rise of prostitution all across China in the big cities and rural areas.
Yeah, it will be a horrible deal for a man to get a wife that's a former prostitute. The women won't tell that to any man, and since that women did this kind of job and made much more money than if she worked at a normal job, she can expect to get a good man with decent money since she has alot of savings. She can just say she went to so and so city and opened a business or street food cart, and made massive money.

Old 11-23-2021, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord2008 View Post
Yeah, it will be a horrible deal for a man to get a wife that's a former prostitute. The women won't tell that to any man, and since that women did this kind of job and made much more money than if she worked at a normal job, she can expect to get a good man with decent money since she has alot of savings. She can just say she went to so and so city and opened a business or street food cart, and made massive money.
In China, those who don't have a college degree can hardly get a "good man" (according to their criteria). Usually men with advanced education won't consider women who never attended college.

However, some college girls do that too...not a lot but there are some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia