Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2021, 01:51 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,750,727 times

Advertisements

Many westerners living in China post their own videos. If they appear to be pro-China or just neutral, they often face harassment and attacks from the mainstream media such as BBC and New York Times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjjZ6Ygu30E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPFZzev-RVk

Last edited by Bettafish; 12-03-2021 at 02:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2021, 09:20 AM

3,973 posts, read 5,764,113 times
I am not surprised by this. I wouldn't get too hung over by what any media says because they're always there to say things to make you grit your teeth. Television, press, and radio reporters report to their bosses, be it a private corporation or a state agency, they do not report to individuals. It's like a mob rule really.

Old 12-11-2021, 11:24 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,853,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Many westerners living in China post their own videos. If they appear to be pro-China or just neutral, they often face harassment and attacks from the mainstream media such as BBC and New York Times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjjZ6Ygu30E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPFZzev-RVk
I know a number of content posters who are still based in China and post neutral-to-positive things about life there, and aren't harassed at all. I also know shills like Nathan Rich, who tbh is as much of an insufferable dorkus malorkus in real life as anyone with sense would gather from his videos (I also met serpentza and laowhy86 before they started having issues and became overtly critical of the CCP).

I think it's got more to do with how you present it. If your praise of China involves lavish fawning over the might of the government, pays lip service to anti-Western sentiments or conspiracies, etc, then yeah you're probably going to get pushback. If you're just like "this is my life, it's pretty good, China honestly is not as bad as you probably think," you may get a few trolls but no major news outlet is going to say anything.

Old 12-11-2021, 01:58 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,764,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I know a number of content posters who are still based in China and post neutral-to-positive things about life there, and aren't harassed at all. I also know shills like Nathan Rich, who tbh is as much of an insufferable dorkus malorkus in real life as anyone with sense would gather from his videos (I also met serpentza and laowhy86 before they started having issues and became overtly critical of the CCP).

I think it's got more to do with how you present it. If your praise of China involves lavish fawning over the might of the government, pays lip service to anti-Western sentiments or conspiracies, etc, then yeah you're probably going to get pushback. If you're just like "this is my life, it's pretty good, China honestly is not as bad as you probably think," you may get a few trolls but no major news outlet is going to say anything.

Agreed. My former college classmate who was always into all things Chinese lived in Mainland China for many years and every once in a while would post updates on social media. He respected China's censorship and never complained about unfairness and his posts were always fair and unbiased. Reflecting on how clean and beautiful a brand new train station in Guangzhou is for instance should not be viewed as bias for China.

Old 12-11-2021, 05:25 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,981,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
"CNN airs live footage of its reporting on tennis star being censored in China" LINK

Information about Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai is banned in China.

China media attack Western media who report the truth.

Who is kidding whom ? All of the China media is controlled by the CCP. The CCP is the government of Red China.

Let's not overdue the word "lie". And any posting by the CCP China government media is filtered in only one direction.

Old 12-11-2021, 09:12 PM

671 posts, read 315,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
"CNN airs live footage of its reporting on tennis star being censored in China" LINK

Information about Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai is banned in China.

China media attack Western media who report the truth.

Who is kidding whom ? All of the China media is controlled by the CCP. The CCP is the government of Red China.

Let's not overdue the word "lie". And any posting by the CCP China government media is filtered in only one direction.
in a thread titled "Western media attack westerners who report non-negative stories of China"

posts more western media's BS.

have you ever think about this?

where are you getting the news/report about china? the internet? thehill? CNN?
who is kidding whom?

Old 12-13-2021, 01:27 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,981,682 times
Primary sources.

Obviously, some have no clue how to do research. Have no clue what primary sources actually is.

Old 12-14-2021, 11:20 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,016,828 times
I have zero respect for western media these days. I know you can say "so what, american military the best baby, who cares you no like it" - yes, but the point of the military is to be strong and effective in physical battle unlike the media whose goal is to make people believe you and hence respect you. Which leads to the question: Who falls for bbc, deutsche welle, washington post etc? Are some people really THAT stupid?

Old 12-14-2021, 11:48 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,437,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
I have zero respect for western media these days. I know you can say "so what, american military the best baby, who cares you no like it" - yes, but the point of the military is to be strong and effective in physical battle unlike the media whose goal is to make people believe you and hence respect you. Which leads to the question: Who falls for bbc, deutsche welle, washington post etc? Are some people really THAT stupid?
I don't think a covid denier, aka you, is in any position to call anyone stupid.

Old 12-16-2021, 12:43 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,016,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
I don't think a covid denier, aka you, is in any position to call anyone stupid.

You may think or may decide not to think, the question is: is it right or wrong? Where I have I denied covid? I denied that a virus whose death rate is zero among the people under 40 is dangerous. Please don't turn into dailymail and don't talk bull***, people like you are just making clowns of themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia