Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 08:55 PM
pdw

2,722 posts, read 3,136,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Japan has Taiwan's full support to invade China again

And China obviously wants to be the next Russia.
I know you’re joking but I really hope something like that never happens. The biggest victims in war are the citizens and a war like that would cause tremendous suffering.

I know the CCP is Asia’s top bully right now, but Japan’s atrocities in WWII were absolutely horrific, including those on Taiwan. How many people from Taiwan were forced into sex slavery as comfort women? Aside from the far right nationalists, I’d imagine most Japanese share the views of the posters above and don’t want to repeat the horrible mistakes the country made in the past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2022, 09:05 PM

8,882 posts, read 8,500,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Major View Post
Russia - Friendly Terms
North Korea - Friendly Terms (Needs China for Survival)
Laos - Friendly Terms
Myanmar - Get along okay considering Myanmar government. Right now, China is the only that that seems to support the ruling regime.
Bhutan - Friendly
Nepal - Friendly
Pakistan - Friendly
Afghanistan - Friendly
Tajikistan - Friendly
Kyrgyzstan - Friendly
Kazakhstan - Friendly
Other than Russia, all are completely useless at best, a liability at worst (North Korea) as allies. Russia is the only one of some use but they will become a liability when they stop drilling oil due to the sanctions.

Quote:
Maritime Borders Only
S. Korea - No hate for China, but they understand that a Chinese conflict with the U.S. would inevitably involve their country since the U.S. has a strong military presence in the country. So, I would categorize it as a Frenemy.
Japan- Certainly mistrust there but I would not say hate. The Japanese are peaceful people right.
Boy do I have some news for you.

Japan and South Korea positively detest China. Even Taiwan doesn't hate them as much lol. Their hatred runs so deep that they would rejoice over disasters in China.

Old 06-29-2022, 09:23 PM

1,688 posts, read 894,607 times
Quote:
Other than Russia, all are completely useless at best, a liability at worst (North Korea) as allies. Russia is the only one of some use but they will become a liability when they stop drilling oil due to the sanctions.

Boy do I have some news for you.

Japan and South Korea positively detest China. Even Taiwan doesn't hate them as much lol. Their hatred runs so deep that they would rejoice over disasters in China.
"Stop drilling oil because of sanctions,” we’ve seen the effects of those sanctions thus far. Gas revenue is up. Higher than what they were before the invasion. Taps keep flowing. When will people admit Western sanctions against Russia have been a failure. People are addicted to the dinosaur juice and that will not change. I don't live in Japan nor S Korea, but I highly doubt the average citizen detest China. They hate them so much China is their largest trading partner. Calling all the other countries useless is insulting to those nations. After all, I bet the U.S. would love to set up a military base in those nations to you know contain China.

Old 06-29-2022, 10:03 PM

8,882 posts, read 8,500,181 times
Quote:
"Stop drilling oil because of sanctions,” we’ve seen the effects of those sanctions thus far. Gas revenue is up. Higher than what they were before the invasion. Taps keep flowing. When will people admit Western sanctions against Russia have been a failure. People are addicted to the dinosaur juice and that will not change.
Lol, the good ol' "sanctions have failed" tankie rhetoric. Sanctions have failed so much that Russia's car sales have slashed by 80% and VAT receipt by 2/3.

Yes, people need oil, but Russia needs Western components and machinery to drill oil and their import of such has been blocked. Russian industry is a joke and they rely on piracy now, eventually they won't be able to drill **** because the logistics will have collapsed.

Russia lowers gas flows to Europe with part stuck in Canada

Russian Industry Faces Code Crisis as IT Providers Pull Out

Export controls against Russia are working—with the help of China

Quote:
I don't live in Japan nor S Korea, but I highly doubt the average citizen detest China. They hate them so much China is their largest trading partner.
Are you blind? Did you not see the graph? A net negative opinion of -60% or even -70% indicates 80-90% of the Japanese and Korean public absolutely hate China.

And Nazi Germany used to be an important trade partner to countries that partitioned it. Trading has nothing to do with sentiment.

Quote:
Calling all the other countries useless is insulting to those nations. After all, I bet the U.S. would love to set up a military base in those nations to you know contain China.
Except they are useless. Explain to me how useful would these countries be if **** hits the fan for China? Which it already is btw. Real estate crash is in progress on China. The Chinese economy is in absolutely terrible shape.

Last edited by Greysholic; 06-29-2022 at 10:49 PM..

Old 06-29-2022, 11:28 PM

1,688 posts, read 894,607 times
Quote:
Lol, the good ol' "sanctions have failed" tankie rhetoric. Sanctions have failed so much that Russia's car sales have slashed by 80% and VAT receipt by 2/3.

Yes, people need oil, but Russia needs Western components and machinery to drill oil and their import of such has been blocked. Russian industry is a joke and they rely on piracy now, eventually they won't be able to drill **** because the logistics will have collapsed.

Russia lowers gas flows to Europe with part stuck in Canada

Russian Industry Faces Code Crisis as IT Providers Pull Out

Export controls against Russia are working—with the help of China

The sanctions have failed miserably. Please stop with the delusion. Sure, McDonalds left, oh the horror of not being able to get crappy burgers. Ask yourself, what is the purpose of sanctions? Most experts would say they exist to get a party to come to the negotiation table or cease their hostile operations. Russia has done neither. The bombs keep dropping. Taking away some microchips or advanced equipment components isn't stopping the Russian war machine. Companies that pull out are being replaced. At the same time oil revenue is up despite selling less. Turns out other nations could care less about the conflict. In addition, the U.S. and Europe didn’t foresee the disastrous affects of trying to kick a top 3 energy producer off the market. Now their economies are headed toward recession and they are trying to make deals with quote "other bad guys" to save themselves. Have you seen the price of gas lately? Anyway, this is topic for debate on other threads.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/sanctio...rt-11655383912

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/20...ions-on-russia

Are you blind? Did you not see the graph? A net negative opinion of -60% or even -70% indicates 80-90% of the Japanese and Korean public absolutely hate China.

No, I can see, as well as read, which apparently you seem to be having trouble doing with your own posted graph. You stated detest. Webster defines detest as “to dislike intensely.” That graph you posted says hold a “negative perception.” Negative perception and detest are not the same. The same with hate. you can't reach logical conclusion based upon that terminology. I would be curios as to the results if the pollster used the words hate or detest. You were going for shock and awe by choosing a loaded word and are overreaching. Choose your words more carefully next time my guy.

And Nazi Germany used to be an important trade partner to countries that partitioned it. Trading has nothing to do with sentiment.

I guess they hate China but love their money. Go figure. They are like Western nations.

Except they are useless. Explain to me how useful would these countries be if **** hits the fan for China? Which it already is btw. Real estate crash is in progress on China. The Chinese economy is in absolutely terrible shape.
Let’s see, those Central Asian nations that you call useless have vast amounts of mineral resources with pipelines traversing carrying energy to China. In addition, making one an ally opens up another front from which China would have to defend itself, and would provide much easier access to taking out Chinese military installations in the Western part of the country. These are only a few advantages. So much for useless.

Old 06-30-2022, 02:28 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,915,865 times
.... And yet somehow, China is in the middle of an energy crisis. Russia is selling them gas and oil at inflated prices. None of those minerals or fossil fuels ("dinosaur juice" addiction, was it?) are making China's birthrate go positive, slashing unemployment, or helping the housing market.

Your platitudes about Japan and South Korea having "no hate" or merely "mistrust" towards China, combined with your misconception about Vietnamese opinions of the US and China or how you think they "should" be, show a base-level, fundamental ignorance of Asian society, culture, and history. Eating up pro-China propaganda doesn't make you a valid counterbalance to the status quo.

Old 07-02-2022, 09:47 PM

1,136 posts, read 533,450 times
Quote:
Do we have to make exaggerations? So all of China's neighbors hate them, have you looked at a map or studied geopolitics.

Russia - Friendly Terms
North Korea - Friendly Terms (Needs China for Survival)
Vietnam - Frenemy. Will always be some level of mistrust and rivalry, but more cooperation than not.
Laos - Friendly Terms
Myanmar - Get along okay considering Myanmar government. Right now, China is the only that that seems to support the ruling regime.
Bhutan - Friendly
Nepal - Friendly
Pakistan - Friendly
Afghanistan - Friendly
Tajikistan - Friendly
Kyrgyzstan - Friendly
Kazakhstan - Friendly
India - Best argument for a country hating China.

Maritime Borders Only
The Philippians - Been cozying up the Xi regime in recent years for economic development projects. Does that sound like hate?
S. Korea - No hate for China, but they understand that a Chinese conflict with the U.S. would inevitably involve their country since the U.S. has a strong military presence in the country. So, I would categorize it as a Frenemy.
Japan- Certainly mistrust there but I would not say hate. The Japanese are peaceful people right.

I may be missing one or two, but you get the point. China gets along with majority of its neighbors which is impressive considering how many countries they border. Be careful with relying on Western news sources for all your information. Western narratives typically try to portray hegemonic threats as world threats.
The above situation is obviously much better than Japan's relations with neighbors. Japan has difficult unsolved conflicts with Russia, Taiwan, Mainland China, North Korea and South Korea. Most people in Mainland China, North Korea and South Korea still hate Japan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia