Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2022, 05:29 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,773,391 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTp54QwxV8U

Old 05-24-2022, 07:46 PM

8,862 posts, read 8,434,218 times
Full BBC article. Very chilling stuff.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/extra/85q...etention-camps

It's simply more damning evidence proving what we've already known for years. I wonder where all the China shills have gone. This country is diabolical.

Old 05-24-2022, 08:04 PM

1,651 posts, read 863,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Full BBC article. Very chilling stuff.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/extra/85q...etention-camps

It's simply more damning evidence proving what we've already known for years. I wonder where all the China shills have gone. This country is diabolical.
When China starts forever imprisoning Muslims (Guantanamo Bay) or bombing Muslim countries left and right like the U.S. then I will be concerned. Until then I'll read these so called "newly released files that were conveniently obtained" via hacking" with skepticism. FYI, they don’t offer anything new to the discussion. The files are supposedly from 2018. The argument appears to be whether these are prisons or schools or were the offenders rightfully detained.

They just can't stop with the Ukraine. Must inflate another conflict for gain. Just sad really. Let me ask a question. Why haven't Muslim countries spoken out against Chinese actions towards the Uyghurs? I mean, they typically speak up for other Muslim minorities groups they feel are being oppressed. Could it possibly be because there is nothing to speak on. I guess this is the price of not going along with the established world order. You become the new bad guy.

Old 05-24-2022, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Major View Post
When China starts forever imprisoning Muslims (Guantanamo Bay) or bombing Muslim countries left and right like the U.S. then I will be concerned. Until then I'll read these so called "newly released files that were conveniently obtained" via hacking" with skepticism. FYI, they don’t offer anything new to the discussion. The files are supposedly from 2018. The argument appears to be whether these are prisons or schools or were the offenders rightfully detained.
First of all, only like barely 1000 Muslims were detained in Guantanamo Bay. In Xinjiang hundreds of thousands or even more than a million Muslims have been detained solely for their ethnicity. Maybe do some research before spewing whataboutism.

And these files had been verified as authentic, which was a months-long process, before they were published on BBC. Ty a little harder, tankie.

Quote:
They just can't stop with the Ukraine. Must inflate another conflict for gain. Just sad really. Let me ask a question. Why haven't Muslim countries spoken out against Chinese actions towards the Uyghurs? I mean, they typically speak up for other Muslim minorities groups they feel are being oppressed. Could it possibly be because there is nothing to speak on. I guess this is the price of not going along with the established world order. You become the new bad guy.
Who the **** are they? Ukraine was invaded by a terrorist state called Russia. If anyone must stop it's Russia.

Muslims countries are in the same line as China. They never cared about other muslims. They only hate Israel because they hate Jews.

Old 05-24-2022, 10:01 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,849,982 times
I remember when one day, all of the Halal restaurants aroundus in SZ and GZ had to cover up the Arabic script on their signs and any mention of their food being halal...

But yeah, whatever. The US has done a lot worse so it's all fair game right?

Old 05-27-2022, 11:25 AM
pdw

2,674 posts, read 3,089,719 times
I’m not the biggest history expert, but didn’t the German soldiers deny the existence of the concentration camps in WWII right up until they saw it with their own eyes? Never underestimate the power of a totalitarian state’s propaganda machine in suppressing the truth. It’s easier to believe lies than face the dark reality for many people.

Old 05-27-2022, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
I’m not the biggest history expert, but didn’t the German soldiers deny the existence of the concentration camps in WWII right up until they saw it with their own eyes? Never underestimate the power of a totalitarian state’s propaganda machine in suppressing the truth. It’s easier to believe lies than face the dark reality for many people.
Chinese people would still deny it though.

Old 05-27-2022, 01:16 PM
pdw

2,674 posts, read 3,089,719 times
I don’t think all the people of China are all brainwashed. You don’t see a lot of creative arguments on the Pro-Beijing side, it’s always rehashing the same talking points. People are scared into being unable to speak out unless they are very socially isolated as the CCP can and will go after the people close to them if they dare not tow the party line. Very 1984-like country under the current regime. East Germany was the same way

Old 05-27-2022, 06:21 PM

37,112 posts, read 39,327,883 times
Quote:

Yea, the US has done terrible things. It does not make other countries doing terrible things better or make it somehow impossible to criticize other countries.

That last part is odd. There were some lamentations and criticisms about how the Muslim world, which is not united, about Assad's war on certain Syrians. There was also people critical of the Taliban. It's not like everyone in the Muslim world are all in cahoots or in agreement with each other and there is a pretty strong financial incentive among many of these countries to be in good relations with China.

Old 05-27-2022, 07:06 PM

671 posts, read 314,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
I don’t think all the people of China are all brainwashed. You don’t see a lot of creative arguments on the Pro-Beijing side, it’s always rehashing the same talking points. People are scared into being unable to speak out unless they are very socially isolated as the CCP can and will go after the people close to them if they dare not tow the party line. Very 1984-like country under the current regime. East Germany was the same way
honestly, you rather see new talking points? if you don't buy what was said in the beginning (which wasn't made up), you rather see something new to be made up?

truth is usually consistent while the made up stuff usually have new and fresh talking points all the time.

it's always about anti-terrorism and deradicalization. but sure, let's get some new talking point for fun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.