Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2023, 12:36 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,073,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I understand your perspective, but I have a different view of it. Talking to him is basically asking for him to further spread misinformation. There is no actual end to this and there is little reason to engage. If someone else takes note and chimes in quoting him, then you'll see it and be able to correct that misinformation to that poster where it potentially matters to someone who might actually consider your response. There is almost no chance there is any real change in though with that guy though and doing so often means he just slides the argument to something else with even more misinformation,

Here is the ignore function: https://www.city-data.com/forum/prof...?do=ignorelist It really does make these forums less of a waste of time and gets you to actually interesting posts rather than just getting incited by trolls. On some of the forums, I find it has somewhat lowered the posting frequency of similar cranks by my not engaging with them.
You are right. In his last post, he just ignored that I adjusted the GDP of Turkey down for being authoritarian, but then tried to argue that I shouldn't adjust it down. He is clearly not being genuine, so it's a waste of time.

Quote:
I moved away from Taiwan and back to the US for school and then stayed for family reasons in regards to being closer to elderly family. When they pass away or can finally be convinced to move to Taiwan, my spouse and I are likely going back to our apartment in Taipei. GDP per capita doesn't really matter for myself as both my spouse and myself can work remotely or not work at all.
Personally, I moved from Norway to China and we recently moved to Denmark. We moved to China to be closer to my spouse's family, more challenging and STEM focused education, high income compared to cost of living, laissez faire business climate and a belief that China is improving rapidly. However, China changed. STEM focused education was replaced with patriotic dumbed-down education, laissez faire business climate was replaced with crackdowns and lockdowns and the future prospects of China seemed grim. So we made the decision to move to Denmark.

Just like you, we were not motivated by the income of the country, but about what benefit us personally and financially.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2023, 05:50 PM

671 posts, read 315,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
i'm sure you all rather see homeless people camping in downtown in every major US city. now that's what you call a housing crisis.

Old 03-11-2023, 08:50 AM

25,573 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
That video is one of the fairest and most informative of all the videos I have seen regarding China's housing crisis.
All is not lost yet. If China handles Russia right, and insures Russia goes broke trying to gain Ukrainian territory, China could end up with unfettered legal access to Eastern Russia's oil, gas and water and will become more prosperous.

But if China decides to take Taiwan and is clobbered by the same sanctions Russia is, it would destroy China.

The only disagreement I have with the video is the author believes 1.4M people live in China and does not anticipate a great population collapse.
Based on what I have read, I believe there are only 1.3M people in China, most available workers have already moved to the cities, and the population has started a veritable collapse. So the real estate collapse is underway and unavoidable.

Old 03-13-2023, 12:14 AM

1,136 posts, read 525,723 times
What are China's new cities?
Forget about the expensive housing.
There are still many people from poorer areas living in affordable housing in various Chinese cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia