Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 12:23 PM

63 posts, read 426,618 times

Advertisements

Yea, I'm Asian-American and I love Japan!!!! I thought they ddint like non-japanese aisans who didnt speak japanese, but I was wrong...lol

1) Japanese people are very friendly and helpful. I asked some dude where the station was and he walked me all the way to the station. The funny thing is that he was with his gf. Also every store, restaurant, etc. They give excellent service. They greet you with irashaimase, bow and all that good ****.

2) Still keeping it Asian. Unlike many other major Asian cities like Hong Kong, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Taipei, Shanghai who are trin to be N.Y.C. or sumthing, Tokyo feeels different. It feels Japanese/ Asian/ Different culture. Harajuku enuff said.

3) Fashion, **** Japanese men (no homo) are very fashionable, they got cool hairstyles and just kno how to dress good. Japanese girls dress hella sexy, one thing i dont like is thsat almost everypne dyes their hair brown or blond. Also enuff shops, Bape, Evisu, Red Monkey yea baby....

4) High Tech country/ Gadgets, digital cameras are ****ing cheap, ps3, psp, wii everything is hella cheap. Lots of aracades/ pachinko and all that other funny stuff. Also the toilet seats are advanced they got buttons to warmup the seat or to clean ya ass....lmao....jokes...

5) Girls, Japanese girls are HOT...normally I'm into white girls, but Japanese girls are on another level. They are very Kawai, sweet and kno HOW TO SERVE A MAN, not to sound sexist or anything..but Japanese girls are hellaaa sexy... Japanese girls tend to love "gaijins". If your a white dude, black dude OR even Asian-American (not the wiliam hung type one, but the americanised one) you will get PLENTY OF *****!!!!

6) Food, well its presented very good, but too much carbs and seafood.

7) Misc. Visit the hot springs or public bathing places. U can chill there and afta a shower you van use there awesome facial product...Ive noticed that Japanese ppl have very good skin, very few acne.

Old 07-20-2008, 04:27 PM

1,149 posts, read 5,635,158 times
It's refreshing to read a straightforward politically incorrect post.

Do you recommend particular places to visit in Japan?

Old 07-20-2008, 04:31 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i like japan. of course it took me awhile to figure out politeness & hospitality are a social obligation and not an expression of personal feelings. in japan, gimo (obligation) is everything.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 07-20-2008 at 04:40 PM..

Old 07-20-2008, 04:46 PM

1,149 posts, read 5,635,158 times
It seems to be an ideal country for introverts, as opposed to USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i like japan. of course it took me awhile to figure out politeness & hospitality are a social obligation and not an expression of personal feelings. in japan, gimo (obligation) is everything.

Old 07-20-2008, 06:11 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,130,500 times
I dont know about visiting japan, but I wish their health care system would pay a visit to us. They pay half what we do and get better care and service. $100 for a MRI scan, as low as $10 a night for a hospital room. They dont let anyone rip off the system, they have a price book for everything that a doctor can do to you. Dont know if I can post this, but its a good article about japan's health care system.

Japanese Pay Less for More Health Care : NPR

Old 07-20-2008, 07:50 PM

230 posts, read 1,035,429 times
Default We loved Japan also!

Just returned from our first trip to Japan -Kyoto & Tokyo, we had a great time! Such a different culture to explore from our own here in Australia. Everyone was so polite & helpful & treated our 2 daughter's (10 & 2) with such kindness. We'd love to head back again to see more of the countryside & villages. Definately worth the visit!

Old 07-21-2008, 04:07 AM

6,558 posts, read 12,051,033 times
Thank God I live in Japan! I don't know where else I'd want to live.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:36 PM

109 posts, read 261,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznBoi View Post
5) Girls, Japanese girls are HOT...normally I'm into white girls, but Japanese girls are on another level. They are very Kawai, sweet and kno HOW TO SERVE A MAN, not to sound sexist or anything..but Japanese girls are hellaaa sexy... Japanese girls tend to love "gaijins". If your a white dude, black dude OR even Asian-American (not the wiliam hung type one, but the americanised one) you will get PLENTY OF *****!!!!
Sounds good to me

Old 08-16-2008, 10:26 PM

241 posts, read 742,743 times
Just to play the other side:
1. It gets unbearably hot and humid here during the summer.
2. It's crowded everywhere. On vacation? So is 3/4 of the country and they all want to go the same places as you.
3. If you want a career here outside of teaching English, you must become near fluent in Japanese. However, be prepared to work 50-60 hours a week, 6 days a week with only 1 week vacation and some national holidays.
4. Most people do not know /any/ English here. What is known has been katakana-ized and often shortened.. I was a bit surprised.
5. It's too introverted. Like the clerk at the store? Well, good luck chatting with him/her when they can only speak polite phrases and you have 5 people in line behind you. Talking to anyone in public usually gets a weird/startled look; Japanese don't do it. So, make many friends or go to bars often (clubs are way too expensive to go often)
6. The beaches around Tokyo are horrible. Dark, grainy sand, massive rocks everywhere, and cold water.
7. Every spring, when the temperature is perfect, it rains, or is cloudy, almost everyday..."rainy season".
8. Architecture in most of Tokyo is dull.

That said, there are many positives (listed by others), and I still love it here. I am not sure I would want to continue living here for the rest of my life however. It's probably one of the most fun places to live in your 20's and early 30's, but when the fashion means less to you, and you're not
pursuing women/men anymore (married), I think most could find better places to live. Most married long term native-English speaking "foreigners" I've met here say the same thing. My "escape plan" is Australia or Southern California.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:14 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times
Yes it is good for the women and the nightlife, such as Tokyo and Osaka.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia